DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

F1 game research, your voice matters!

Hey people! 

During the third esports event Lando said that the game is in a bad state, and I posted a tweet about it using his quote and got DMed by CodeMasters. I had a chat with them about some of the bugs that are in the game and they were happy that I described a couple of issues in detail. I am planning to create one big post on the forums with good hope that it will help them fix the game. I made a survey so everyone can tell me about the bugs and then I will compile all of them and post it back here once I'm done with it. So if you have a few minutes spare, I'd very much appreciate it if you fill in the survey 🙂 The more detail you give, the more it will help me out, and in the end hopefully the devs too. 

Lets try to fix the game together!

Kind regards,

Just Chillin

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 1

They responded? To a bug report? 
IS THIS REAL LIFE??????????

******* finally. Come on codies fix your broken game.

• Agree 3

I filled out your survey, but it seems sad to me that we need "another list" to spell it out to them. There are more than enough posts that list the problems in detail.

• Agree 1

First time I've uninstalled an F1 game before the actual F1 season ended - I know it came out earlier, but I still had F1 2018 installed in April this year, so 4 months longer than F1 2019.

It's not that it's extremely buggy for me - I mean it has bugs, but I could live with it - but, if I could sum it up in a few words, it feels lifeless, stale, dull, boring. And that includes the FFB.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 1512marcel said:

I filled out your survey, but it seems sad to me that we need "another list" to spell it out to them. There are more than enough posts that list the problems in detail.

Well they are obviously not reading the forums. 
They're only now ACKNOWLEDGING the fact that the game is a buggy ******** and you have to start every league race 3 times (and even THEN someone's probably desynced but, whatever, not gonna do all that again, we're already half an hour late)  

• Agree 1

What i can't understand is the fact that there surely have to be inhouse game testers, who spend 1000's of hours into the game to stresstest all the different variations and outcomes, yet the game is a mess after 2 supposed years of development?

Or is it possible that Codemasters F1 team does not have any fulltime gametesters and that our input is the only measurement they have to know what needs to be fixed?

What is the procedure of gametesting at Codemasters?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1. Same camber and toe dominate every track from Monza to Monaco. Shouldn't happen if tuning wasn't flat out broken.

2. How about one lobby for No Assist users.

3. Option to force cockpit view/lock exterior cams.

And then there is the lack of laser scanned tracks. 

All of these are fundamental. One of them if bad enough. All 4 is completely unacceptable, especially while they spend time to release more skins for $$$.

• Agree 5

9 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

1. Same camber and toe dominate every track from Monza to Monaco. Shouldn't happen if tuning wasn't flat out broken.

All of these are fundamental. One of them if bad enough. All 4 is completely unacceptable, especially while they spend time to release more skins for $$$.

Yeah true. Although personally i'd want for them to first fix all the bugs and crashes and desyncs. before fixing their weird design choices. I agree with all these things though and 2 and 3 look really easy to implement. 

Edited by Bicarda
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Bicarda said:

Yeah true. Although personally i'd want for them to first fix all the bugs and crashes and desyncs. before fixing their weird design choices. I agree with all these things though and 2 and 3 look really easy to implement. 

True. Racenet has been brutal for a while now. Maybe due to Grid, I don't know. But if you have 3 AAA titles running on Racenet, then they absolutely need to make sure it can handle the load.  It will get even worse with holidays coming, but a lot of people will likely be gone from F1 by then. 

This topic went well.... 🤣

i'm sorry to say that you've been baited by CM to prevent you from making more negative comments on F1 game, by making you think that you're actually get heard by them.

many people have mailed, tweeted, sent smoke signals, pigeons, even sounded the drums, what makes you think that suddenly now you are heard because of 1 tweet!? 

believe me, CM don't care, they never did, they never will. They do what they want, don't give a **** about what the community says or thinks, what we want isn't important. Just look at safety car, or the horrendous graphics with pixelating images. 

the F1 game franchise is a piece of ****, it was a piece of **** and will be a piece of **** as long as CM is developping it.

all they do is lie about 2 years in development which obviously is just as big of a joke as the whole studio. It's an ordinairy copy paste of 2017 with same bugs and same ********, just in a different grapical outfit. 

there's only 1 solution to fixing this and that's NOT BUYING ANY F1 GAMES ANYMORE FROM CM COMING THE NEXT YEARS. 

the only way to battle the arrogant and ignorant is to hurt them where it hurts. THEIR WALLET. And I hope they go bankrupt, selling these pieces of **** every year with their false promises, lies and pretty stories. 

just look at this forum alone, sooo many complaints, that proves how bad the game is, and how even WORSE CM is towards each and every single 1 of you! 

no respect, not 1 grain of gratefullness for buying the game, only arrogance, and selfishness because WE ARE THE TRUE STUPID DUMBASSES WHO FALL FOR THESE LIES EACH AND EVERY SINGLE YEAR AND BUY THIS SORRY EXCUSES FOR AN OFFICIAL LICENSED GAME! 

The joke's on us. And if you all REALLY want to change something, then STOP FINANCING THIS DEVELOPPER AND PERHAPS WHEN SALES DROP DRAMATICALLY WE'll BE GETTING A REAL CAPABLE AND SOLID AND THRUSTWORTHY STUDIO WHO CAN BUILD THIS 100 TIMES BETTER THEN CM EVER CAN. 

make that 10000000000000 times better because an Indie designer can do a better job then this sorry excuse for a studio.

want to make it better? Want to be heard? Want to be taken seriously? Want to be treated with respect? Don't give them your money anymore. 

HITTHEMWHEREITHURTS!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I don’t want to sound too negative and don’t get me wrong, I did the survey (great thing btw) but IMO the game needs to be rewrite from zero with a different development philosophy. The bad things going on right now with the game are small but a lot. There are of course major bugs that need to be fixed as safety car / ai behavior in the wet ecc.. But a lot of very small but important things are missing, like lap delta, time target and infos during the race / ai mistakes / damages / manual pit driving and other thousand details that codies could have easily thought for improving hugely the depth of the gameplay 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, AlexTT said:

i'm sorry to say that you've been baited by CM to prevent you from making more negative comments on F1 game, by making you think that you're actually get heard by them.

many people have mailed, tweeted, sent smoke signals, pigeons, even sounded the drums, what makes you think that suddenly now you are heard because of 1 tweet!? 

believe me, CM don't care, they never did, they never will. They do what they want, don't give a **** about what the community says or thinks, what we want isn't important. Just look at safety car, or the horrendous graphics with pixelating images. 

the F1 game franchise is a piece of ****, it was a piece of **** and will be a piece of **** as long as CM is developping it.

all they do is lie about 2 years in development which obviously is just as big of a joke as the whole studio. It's an ordinairy copy paste of 2017 with same bugs and same ********, just in a different grapical outfit. 

there's only 1 solution to fixing this and that's NOT BUYING ANY F1 GAMES ANYMORE FROM CM COMING THE NEXT YEARS. 

the only way to battle the arrogant and ignorant is to hurt them where it hurts. THEIR WALLET. And I hope they go bankrupt, selling these pieces of **** every year with their false promises, lies and pretty stories. 

just look at this forum alone, sooo many complaints, that proves how bad the game is, and how even WORSE CM is towards each and every single 1 of you! 

no respect, not 1 grain of gratefullness for buying the game, only arrogance, and selfishness because WE ARE THE TRUE STUPID DUMBASSES WHO FALL FOR THESE LIES EACH AND EVERY SINGLE YEAR AND BUY THIS SORRY EXCUSES FOR AN OFFICIAL LICENSED GAME! 

The joke's on us. And if you all REALLY want to change something, then STOP FINANCING THIS DEVELOPPER AND PERHAPS WHEN SALES DROP DRAMATICALLY WE'll BE GETTING A REAL CAPABLE AND SOLID AND THRUSTWORTHY STUDIO WHO CAN BUILD THIS 100 TIMES BETTER THEN CM EVER CAN. 

make that 10000000000000 times better because an Indie designer can do a better job then this sorry excuse for a studio.

want to make it better? Want to be heard? Want to be taken seriously? Want to be treated with respect? Don't give them your money anymore. 

HITTHEMWHEREITHURTS!

I know. It's a final attempt to get the game fixed really and I hope it works.. 

11 hours ago, AlexTT said:

HITTHEMWHEREITHURTS!

Erm...thanks for speaking on mine and all the others on this forums behalf. Although I and many others that you’ve spoken for agree with much of what your rant is about do you not think that constructive feedback would be more beneficial? Which is what this form is for. Why would Codemasters take any notice of such a childish way of putting your view across. 

There are niggles that irritate the hell out of me, but do you know what, it may come as a surprise to you that I actually enjoy the short down time I get to play this game and will continue to buy it every year because of that. 

I suggest you grow up a little and get into the real world that nothing is ever perfect and you need to adapt and overcome. 

Namaste... 🙏🏻 😘

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, kenuf said:

Erm...thanks for speaking on mine and all the others on this forums behalf. Although I and many others that you’ve spoken for agree with much of what your rant is about do you not think that constructive feedback would be more beneficial? Which is what this form is for. Why would Codemasters take any notice of such a childish way of putting your view across. 

There are niggles that irritate the hell out of me, but do you know what, it may come as a surprise to you that I actually enjoy the short down time I get to play this game and will continue to buy it every year because of that. 

I suggest you grow up a little and get into the real world that nothing is ever perfect and you need to adapt and overcome. 

Namaste... 🙏🏻 😘

Yea that's more or less my view on it too. I completely understand it, and I've complained about the game frequently enough among friends and had such rants, especially after having to restart a session for the 4th time. But the constructive feedback indeed is (hopefully) better and more useful. The results are out so if you want to check them out, head over to this post here :)

35 minutes ago, JustChillin97 said:

Yea that's more or less my view on it too. I completely understand it, and I've complained about the game frequently enough among friends and had such rants, especially after having to restart a session for the 4th time. But the constructive feedback indeed is (hopefully) better and more useful. The results are out so if you want to check them out, head over to this post here :)

I'm not wasting my time in replying to long.

I posted to warn you that you put in a lot effort in something that will never be looked at by CM. How I know that? Go read the forums back for months, years. You will see the same problems exist for years and empty promises that they will handle it, blabla.

you're wasting your time. My rant is against CM beeing the worthless studio that it is.

there are A LOT of people in this community like @DaleRossi who just like me are trying for years to get things changed. He can confirm how much I as a person have invested time to get things done. I had mail correspondence with F1, FIA AND Liberty Media about the terrible quality of the games in the last years and I gave them links to the forums and all. I maybe quiet for weeks, but in the background I have tried a lot of things to get **** done. To make people realize that CM is terrible towards all of you as customers, fans and community, they treat everyone like ****, and deliver a broken product each year, and break it more and more with every patch.

There's only 1 way yo make F1 games great again, and that's away with CM! That's why I say, don't talk here, but talk with your wallet! Don't buy the pieces of **** they make every year and make them feel it in their wallets.

perhaps that would be a bitchslap wakeup call for them. 

CM can't be trusted to deliver a stable game with good quality. It's all lies.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

"We take customer feedback seriously.  

In doing so, we have released all new Holiday car paint, suits, and helmets. (Each sold separately)

Enjoy, 

CM F1 Team"

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2019 at 2:58 PM, JustChillin97 said:

Hey people! 

During the third esports event Lando said that the game is in a bad state, and I posted a tweet about it using his quote and got DMed by CodeMasters. I had a chat with them about some of the bugs that are in the game and they were happy that I described a couple of issues in detail. I am planning to create one big post on the forums with good hope that it will help them fix the game. I made a survey so everyone can tell me about the bugs and then I will compile all of them and post it back here once I'm done with it. So if you have a few minutes spare, I'd very much appreciate it if you fill in the survey 🙂 The more detail you give, the more it will help me out, and in the end hopefully the devs too. 

Lets try to fix the game together!

Kind regards,

Just Chillin

I feel I had enough of this game and it's problems, it so bad that I got GT a few weeks ago & now play it more and have more fun.

I stopped playing F1 2013/14, only end off last year I got 2018 at a discount or I would not buy that.

This year the thought off F1 legend, I said yes I got to get it .. it has to be great CM can't **** up.

Will as was wrong CM did as normal mess it up & mess it up more fixing it.

Next year I dont see myself getting F1 maybe if the price is dam cheap in a sale . I won't waste my money getting it from the start.

I been reporting bugs all this year & as normal CM can't seem to replicate the problem & don't seem to fix any bug I have had so far & still having, hell there could not even put missing DRS zones in place.

If CM & FIA was so close we wouldn't have anything missing from any track.

CM would know that ERS is pre programed .

CM would have the steering wheel display change like in real F1.

The list goes on.

I do hope your survey does help, but I have lost interest now & just think about my wasted money.

Hell CM can't fix the FFB issue that affect everyone online because there can never see the problems we have.

Either that's a lie or the test system is not tested online with real drivers like us.

Good luck for bug fixing for next year game.

Just thought every F1 driver that made a comment about this year game said it was ****.

I can't remember 1 driver saying it was a semi good game.

Edited by Hygradeb
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/12/2019 at 6:21 AM, DaleRossi said:

Also, lock wheel users if they don’t know how to fix the pad user issue. 

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, kenuf said:

I agree.

Despite some of the niggles, when I'm home (which isn't often enough), I really enjoy playing F1-2019; ...especially now with no Driver Aids & Cockpit View 😉, and I'll be one of the first to buy F1-2020 next year.

Hats off to all on here who are offering wonderful suggestions to improve/fix F1-2019 👍, and I really hope that, one day, your (our) voices are heard.

Edited by Marty_K_
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1