Ideas for improvement [F1 2020]

@RedDevilKT

here are some intriguing suggestions for missing features which could bring the new F1 game to a brand new level and add to it's overall immersion. If there is a chance to add these things into the upcoming game, the franchise would make a big leap towards perfection:

• HUD for replays

Replays right now are boring and don't provide us with all the necessary information (which lap are we currently in, who is leading etc.) and therefore don't tap their full potential! Why not insert the HUD into replays? Many games offer this feature during replays and it makes the whole thing more reasonable to watch.

• Commentary for replays

Why not have David Croft and Anthony Davidson comment the race in replay mode? At least some of the important race moments such as drivers overtaking others, drivers doing pit stops, drivers having mechanical issues and/or failures, the driver order (Top 10) every 10 laps. It would bring the game to a whole new level. Why have David Croft and Anthony Davidson in the game if you barely utilise them...

• Official TV HUD

We've been pegging for this feature for almost half a decade now! You should give us full HUD customization so every player can adjust the HUD to it's own liking. Players want a full HUD with all the drivers shown and their constant time gaps and only the 3 main characters of their names like in real life (HAM instead of Hamilton...).

• Team Sponsors on helmets

Especially now that we have drivers changing teams over the course of seasons it would make a lot sense if the team sponsors of their helmets would change if they changed teams. There should be certain sponsor templates for every team which could be used. It would also make career mode more immersive if our own career helmet would feature the current team's sponsors.

• Preseason Testing in Career Mode

Why not add a Preseason Testing Phase to the start of career mode or to the start of each season. Just give us like 3 days of Spain/Catalunya testing our new car together with all other teams doing tests as we do and earning ressource points by doing individual R&D events. This way we could upgrade our car before the start of the season.

• National anthem before race

How cool would it be if there would be a cutscene before each race where the current national anthem would be played in it's full length while showing the 20 drivers standing in line next to each other and the flag of the country in the backfield.

• National anthem during podium celebration

An expansion for the podium celebration is long overdue. Before the actual celebration it would be great to see the drivers standing on the podium while the winner's national anthem is playing with the character waving towards the fans and showing the constructors and mechanics celebrating.

What do you guys think? 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

I think these are great suggestions. I think that with F1 2020 CM need to focus on fixing/improving the current issues (i.e. safety car) instead of introducing new features, but the things you suggested shouldn't be a lot of work to implement.

Edited by Paulski2610
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1. Live Season Performance Updates for the cars overall performance of handling (downforce, grip and engine power levels), the teams ranking order and the drivers speed as well as consistency as in FIFA.

2. The ability to manually adjust car downforce, grip and engine power levels, as well as the team packing order and driver stats as in FIFA.

3. Helmet cam as in Project Cars.

4. Laserscanned Tracks and Classic Tracks.

5. Full helmet customization via a inbuild editor as in MotoGP19 / GT Sport.

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Agree 4

every year the same topic.

There is so much things to improve or to implement in the game, but you already know F1 2020 will be a copy and paste game like others...

so no sense to discuss...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

If every year there is the same topic, then the questions is if Codemasters reads this forum in general ?

I dont know the story of previous releases, because i've returned to f1 games after many years (my previous game was f1 06) and although the proggress is enermous, not just graphics which is obvious but career complexity, improving cars, speaking to engineers which is great there are many things to improve. In my opinion number 1 to improve is to make the AI more diverse. Every driver rides the same way, they dont take risks, go out of corner by late braking etc... The only car that can crash in the race is our own... This is really annoying.. And second most important thing to me is about realism of transfers (like player shouldnt be able to change the team to whichever he wants) and regulation changes: after 3rd season there were no changes in my career and i had so many points to spend... I first thought it was a bug, but after reading this forum i realized its not, but its really bad thing anyway... With no changes after season and 5 teams having their cars fully developed whick means they have the same level i lost my motivation to play on, while i cant improve my car anymore...

Regards

Edited by wojtekjoe
  • Like 2

On 11/12/2019 at 8:15 AM, 2Pacalypse said:

every year the same topic.

There is so much things to improve or to implement in the game, but you already know F1 2020 will be a copy and paste game like others...

so no sense to discuss...

sad, but probably true... 😞

• Agree 1

Manual pit stop, It will be great if we have to possibility to stop by ourselves on our pit.

Helmet View

Real Tyres choice and not simply the 3 same choices for each Race.

Fix the AI qualifying laps big improvement when you forward the time 

Manual Control behind Safety car

There is a lot of little improvements that can make the game more realistic but first of all they need to fix all the bug that follows this game since the 2015 edition (For example, In French language enginier speak to me like I was a female)

Edited by Bono00
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I've now added my F1-2020 Wish List to my Signature (below); ...which many here have already mentioned previously, ...lots of times, ...in many different threads...

Fingers Crossed I suppose 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Marty_K_
  • Haha 1

Custom tyre selection in qualifying instead of these nonsense presets, you can't even have more than one set of the mediums in qualifying right now, how ridiculous and unrealistic is that...

• Like 1

I realized i have another issue from my last season, it's also regarding AI but not drivers this time but team chief's. i was fighting for the title with Verstappen, it was really great, we were very close in championship table after every weekend, till the ending phase of the season, when Max started to receive grid penalties before EVERY race! It's very strange and unnatural, while in real life the team would change all needed components before just one race to start from the back just once and have fresh car and no penalties to fight to the end for the title. As the result i have won the title but I wasn't really satisfied while i know in real life it would'nt be that easy.

Hope You get my point. This game is great, but obviously can be much better.

• Agree 3

Team orders.

If it's impossible to program the AI to "think" on the fly if your teammate should let you pass, then they could rework teams order into the "contract" section of your career and let you activate it with the radio.

Some of the current contract perks are stupid, like the pit stop speed or reduced development weeks, so what? the engineers are being slow on purpose? that makes no sense.

Maybe they could replace those perks with teammate perks, one for when you are ahead of him ("no action", "slow down cars behind", "aggressively attack cars ahead") and one for when you're behind him ("no action", "let you pass if ahead in championship", "let you pass if faster/fresh tyres", "let you pass always")....then in the race you activate that perk with the radio option.

Those same perks would work backwards while you're the 2nd driver. The "cheaper" perk would be "let teammate pass always" and the most expensive "no action"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Please give us a rear view mirror for cockpit view.Centre top of screen would be ideal.Drop F2 no match to F1.Drop interviews,boring.The closer you can make it to real life the better.

• Like 1

The Ability to Drive the Saftey Car before FP1 ..  

Optional Official hud

Cars when entering grid and pit box more accurate more steering lock more realistic when the AI computer takes control.

Full TV screen for track guide video with Car onboards and during all sessions through weekend no mini screens.

Commentary. Ant Davidson for FP1, FP2, FP3, Martin Brundle Qualifying and Race 

Drivers at front of grid before race with national anthem..  

Qualifying highlights option before the race 

The Ability to see the pole position lap..

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Sorry for being harsh, but **** like this ties up resources for CM to develop a true "eSports" platform.

**** meaning, they are being distracted

• Jeff 
  • Interviews
  • F2
  • and the entire single player....

This **** distracts them from fixing problems and we all know what needs to be fix, including the "pad traction hack." 

Implementing anything else, adds to potential problems and new bugs. 

Guys, instead of asking for additional ****, lets all come together and help them fix it first before adding additional functions. Basics first. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2019 at 7:06 AM, AllenB2609 said:

@RedDevilKT

here are some intriguing suggestions for missing features which could bring the new F1 game to a brand new level and add to it's overall immersion. If there is a chance to add these things into the upcoming game, the franchise would make a big leap towards perfection:

• HUD for replays

Replays right now are boring and don't provide us with all the necessary information (which lap are we currently in, who is leading etc.) and therefore don't tap their full potential! Why not insert the HUD into replays? Many games offer this feature during replays and it makes the whole thing more reasonable to watch.

• Commentary for replays

Why not have David Croft and Anthony Davidson comment the race in replay mode? At least some of the important race moments such as drivers overtaking others, drivers doing pit stops, drivers having mechanical issues and/or failures, the driver order (Top 10) every 10 laps. It would bring the game to a whole new level. Why have David Croft and Anthony Davidson in the game if you barely utilise them...

• Official TV HUD

We've been pegging for this feature for almost half a decade now! You should give us full HUD customization so every player can adjust the HUD to it's own liking. Players want a full HUD with all the drivers shown and their constant time gaps and only the 3 main characters of their names like in real life (HAM instead of Hamilton...).

• Team Sponsors on helmets

Especially now that we have drivers changing teams over the course of seasons it would make a lot sense if the team sponsors of their helmets would change if they changed teams. There should be certain sponsor templates for every team which could be used. It would also make career mode more immersive if our own career helmet would feature the current team's sponsors.

• Preseason Testing in Career Mode

Why not add a Preseason Testing Phase to the start of career mode or to the start of each season. Just give us like 3 days of Spain/Catalunya testing our new car together with all other teams doing tests as we do and earning ressource points by doing individual R&D events. This way we could upgrade our car before the start of the season.

• National anthem before race

How cool would it be if there would be a cutscene before each race where the current national anthem would be played in it's full length while showing the 20 drivers standing in line next to each other and the flag of the country in the backfield.

• National anthem during podium celebration

An expansion for the podium celebration is long overdue. Before the actual celebration it would be great to see the drivers standing on the podium while the winner's national anthem is playing with the character waving towards the fans and showing the constructors and mechanics celebrating.

What do you guys think? 🙂 

@BarryBL Just fix the game first.... All this BS will not needed yet. 

• Disagree 1

I'm just gonna leave this here too since I won't get any answers from Codies in the thread I've opened.

If you don't want to release the language file allowing us to modify the drivers names and since you don't want to update the drivers performances, why not release a little tool with the game like football manager used to be (or maybe still is I don't know) where us players will be able to edit drivers names and nationality,qualy skills,race skills,how aggressive in defense or if attacking, how good on tyre management etc?

• Thanks 1

A lot is already mentioned and hopefully some of it will make it to 2020. One thing I miss is the Bite Point mode. I know this applies probably only to Fanatec users but it would make a great improvement in manual starts. Regarding race starts, I would like to see that as a training option in the Track Acclimation programs. Practice race starts from the pits. But above all, fix the things that remain open at the end of 2019 support.

• Like 2

Hello, I would like to share with You with my ideas of small impovements, which in my opinion can make this game more realistic. Maybe You will find some of them useful :)

- Better balance of resource points, or bigger tree, maybe 3-levels for each single improvement ? I mean to avoid situation when in the start of the season you are fully developed

- Improved news, i mostly mean silly-season, who can move to another team, questions in interviews about that

- more realistic transfer system: AI drivers to sign contracts during the season but starting in next wich results in decreasing amount of available teams for next season

- AI diversity, which I mentioned before

- a bit improve of commentary, like mentioning not only about races before 2019 but current in-game, like "last season in rainy GP driver A won against driver B by better strategy". I know that would be difficult but also great 😄

- Also connected to commentary: to Crofty and Anthony every session is "fantastic". Even if it was it would be great as they tell us a little about why it was fantastic (eq. 5 drivers within 0.1s), or just not to mention it was

- more views of fans, waving the flags and transparents of drivers faces, especially after they win the race or Q.

- team orders, taking to Jeff about that, so the driver 1 or2 status would be more than just points

- and in My opinion (just mine) the f2 mode is useless, i guess it would be better to focus on making f1 more realistic and abandon f2. Classic cars still totally OK :)

Thank You :)

Edited by wojtekjoe
  • Agree 1

I really feel there needs to be a return to the New Driver Training mode and / or a session that determines AI difficulty.

I like the idea of manual pitstops and clutch bite-point finding, etc. I also think the formation lap is pretty pointless unless you actually have to carry out a procedure (e.g. radio check, gear testing, DRS flap operation, actually set tyres and brakes meaningfully with full temps and damage etc.) and put the car in the grid slot.

These can all be taught during the NDT mode (this could all be dressed as pre-season testing, TBF).

In-lap procedure would also be quite good (pick up rubber, radio comms from the team with responses, manage temps), bringing the car to parc ferme as a prelude to the podium, etc. After qualifying they now have the interviews on the grid for the top three, it could be a good little achievement (makes more use of celebrities, having someone like Brundle, Coulthard, Button, Valsecchi, Buxton, Di Resta etc. do the interview).

I think the anthems and the like are a bit of a reach, I just think they'd be skipped after one or two times.

The HUD customisation for the full totem would be a good idea for qualifying especially and handy in a race. We put in the 3 letter driver name during the setup and as far as I can tell, it's never used. I'd prefer it over the cars in the race view rather than the long names.

But yeah, the main game needs attention. Controller FFB, audio issues, fullscreen issues, graphical issues all need sorting once and for all. In-game bugs I guess will pretty much always exist, but a slimming down of the modes and a fully fleshed beta need to happen this time. But, I think my goodwill to test is used up, I won't be applying because the bug-reporting process needs improvement. If the forums continue to move in the right direction, who knows?

Edited by steviejay69
  • Like 1