Sign in to follow this  

MAKE THE KERBS FEEL AND LOOK LIKE IRL

Can you please make all the kerbs in all of the tracks look just like irl beacause its not that hard i think and it would make the game experience much better

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

You would have to be an experienced F1 driver to know the difference, aint  it?                                                                                                                                                                                                          

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

You would have to be an experienced F1 driver to know the difference, aint  it?                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Not really, you can see pretty obvious differences in a lot of kerbs height, width and car behavior just by comparing footage. 

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

On 11/11/2019 at 4:56 PM, Worntoathread said:

Not really, you can see pretty obvious differences in height, width and car behavior just by comparing footage. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with the visual fidelity of this game. If FOM is banning clips from this game, mistaking them for actual F1 footage,  then the visual authenticity of this game, kerbs included, is very well presented, IMO. 

Edited by FOneFanatic
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, FOneFanatic said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with the vidual fidelity of this game. If FOM is banning clips from this game, mistaking them for actual F1 footage,  then the visual authenticity of this game, kerbs included, is very well presented, IMO. 

I didn't say anything about the graphics fidelity though, the game obviously looks amazing in terms of textures/lighting etc. The problem is that there's some clear differences in the track models that could still be much improved upon.

Check out this video of Lando Norris actually trying the game, from around 5-6 minutes in his first reaction is multiple complaints about the track model: "Oh it's just so different what the hell" Whoa this is up/downhill" "There's no grass there either" " and "The I-Racing model's better than this".

I'd say If anyone knows it's him, but I noticed the differences when playing as well, you don't have to be an actual F1 driver for that. Many tracks in this game are just a bit "off" even compared to other games/sims.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

18 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

I didn't say anything about the graphics fidelity though, the game obviously looks amazing in terms of textures/lighting etc. The problem is that there's some clear differences in the track models that could still be much improved upon.

Check out this video of Lando Norris actually trying the game, from around 5-6 minutes in his first reaction is multiple complaints about the track model: "Oh it's just so different what the hell" Whoa this is up/downhill" "There's no grass there either" " and "The I-Racing model's better than this".

I'd say If anyone knows it's him, but I noticed the differences when playing as well, you don't have to be an actual F1 driver for that. Many tracks in this game are just a bit "off" even compared to other games/sims.

Yeah, those were the comments he made as he has acccess to more realistic sim models that this game. But those comments nothwithstanding, he seems to be really enjoying the game from what I see.  But you fail to mention comments such as "Ah, feels like home" - enjoying the game! And "Hey guys, REALISTIC AS HELL, yeah" - enjoying the game. Just because an actual F1 driver made some off comments about his gaming experience is no cause to arrive at the conclusion that the game is **** as you're implying. On the contrary, Lando seems to have enjoyed the race and thus the game: "Hey Guys, realistic as hell, yeah". 

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, FOneFanatic said:

Yeah, those were the comments he made as he has acccess to more realistic sim models that this game. But those comments nothwithstanding, he seems to be really enjoying the game from what I see.  But you fail to mention comments such as "Ah, feels like home" - enjoying the game! And "Hey guys, REALISTIC AS HELL, yeah" - enjoying the game. Just because an actual F1 driver made some off comments about his gaming experience is no cause to arrive at the conclusion that the game is **** as you're implying. On the contrary, Lando seems to have enjoyed the race and thus the game: "Hey Guys, realistic as hell, yeah". 

.. Some common sense please, that's not what I was implying at all! If they'd made the Ferrari pink, that wouldn't have stopped me from loving this game either, but by your logic I shouldn't criticize it for being the wrong color because it's a good game either way.

I'm not calling it a bad game, I'm merely pointing out where obvious improvements can be made, and we should always continue to do that. 

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

16 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

.. Some common sense please, that's not what I was implying at all! If they'd made the Ferrari pink, that wouldn't have stopped me from loving this game either, but by your logic I shouldn't criticize it for being the wrong color because it's a good game either way.

I'm not calling it a bad game, I'm merely pointing out where obvious improvements can be made, and we should always continue to do that. 

And I quote you " ....from around 5-6 minutes in his first reaction is multiple complaints about the track model", like I said NOT True.  In the final analysis, he totally enjoyed the REALISM of the game, despite having noted difference between the game and IRL. 

• Confused 2
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

And I quote you " ....from around 5-6 minutes in his first reaction is multiple complaints about the track model", like I said NOT True.  In the final analysis, he totally enjoyed the REALISM of the game, despite having noted difference between the game and IRL. 

What in the? This is not about rating the game, we are talking about track models, and track models only. Lando's complaints that I pointed out are about the track models only, for the rest his remarks and impression of the game are obviously positive, just like for mine but that's not the point of the discussion here.

My point is not about gameplay, not about graphics, not physics or general realism of the game. Love em.

Just track models.

Read my previous comments again and you'll find that I never implied the discussion to be about anything other.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

58 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

What in the? This is not about rating the game, we are talking about track models, and track models only. Lando's complaints that I pointed out are about the track models only, for the rest his remarks and impression of the game are obviously positive, just like for mine but that's not the point of the discussion here.

My point is not about gameplay, not about graphics, not physics or general realism of the game. Love em.

Just track models.

Read my previous comments again and you'll find that I never implied the discussion to be about anything other.

I"m glad you can listen and learn for at least once in this thread.  Lando pointed out minor irruglarities about some aspects of the tracks that you blow out to be major complaints about the track, which by the way happen to be IN THE GAME- DUH! 

Edited by FOneFanatic
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, FOneFanatic said:

I"m glad you can listen and learn for at least once in this thread.  Lando pointed out minor irruglarities about some aspects of the tracks that you blow out to be major complaints about the track, which by the way happen to be IN THE GAME- DUH! 

Yes, exactly like I did. I've rarely seen more irony in one's response, my god man.

You seem to take my *minor criticism* out of proportion in each of your replies and change it up to me hating on the entire game somehow. Learn to read.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

well there are some very wrong kerbs in the game, I.E: Hungary chicane still has the high kerbs from 2012-13 that have been gone for years now. That chicane now has flat kerbs and cars use a lot of them IRL....if you try to do that in game you'll end up spinning out.

Edited by Erudain
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1