Improving Top Issues - Duels

Hello all,

Over the past month we have been collecting from you, the community a list of top issues to improve F1® Mobile Racing.
We have nailed down a handful of top issues that we plan to improve in the next few updates!
These issues are at the top of our priority list and will be fixed and released alongside our upcoming scheduled updates and new content.

We have seen a lot of complaints regarding the quality of Duels. Mainly the fairness of duels and the Safety Rating system.
We plan to tackle these issues to create a fair racing environment for all of our players.

So we ask you, the community to share videos of instances where you feel you have had an unfair experience in Duels.
Share them right here!
To send us the video you recorded:

1- Go to https://streamable.com/

2- Click on "Upload video" and choose the video you have recorded;

3- Once your video has been uploaded, copy the Streamable URL below it, and attach it to your post.

Please use the Agree reaction for any that you have personally experienced or feel should be prioritised so we can tackle these issues and improve everyone’s Duels experience.

As always, thanks for playing F1® Mobile Racing

Around 40 views, no replies. I'll tell you why. Your "upload a video" sounds like "prove it" which flies in the face of many hundreds of people saying it happens over and over. You sound like a team of defence lawyers, whose client says he did nothing wrong, but if you have video footage, then go ahead and show us. And to repeat something that is stated here repeatedly, why can't you reproduce the exact scenarios that the user experiences? You always seem shocked when we report any behavioural anomalies. Before a Gold Master is released to the public, does it not pass a set of test scenarios which include hundreds of hours of gameplay? Or are we, as many people self define as 'beta testers?'

Well that s..., now we have to sit and have screen recorder running permanently while we play the game.

Just imagine how quickly our available storage space is going to get used up.

5 hours ago, MannSG said:

Let me try.

This is a very common scenario where the opponent slams into your face but you are the one getting the penalty. So much for hard racing or unfair racing?

https://streamable.com/y4deg

Thanks for your video! 
This is exactly the sort of stuff we are looking for, clear unfair scenarios that have a negative effect on your Duels experience

I’d encourage you to go through our posts made before you took over this account. There are LOTS of areas that need improvement, some of which we remember. Asking us to perpetually record our gameplay is impracticable.

It’s bizarre that a development team needs further information to confirm areas of degradation.  Why not provide video of you the developers almost ripping your hair out after back to back grid start duels at Monaco and Singapore.  Or do you test and play somewhere other than where we are playing?

If CM really wants players to do this, add a replay option that saves the most recent race.

Tried to upload a Bot punting me off but the streamable site was locking up...

Edited by StKnowhere

Firstly, at first wasn’t too keen to have to provide footage of all the problems we are experiencing with game.

But then decided, ok if CM wants video then I will record every duel in case an incident happens of any of the multitude of complaints that we have previously mentioned.

This footage was not my best lap 😁 however does show how the “bots” slow down way too much on cornering, causing you, the player, to inevitably ram him from behind. If bots can overtake even if we have a perfect start then they should be able to corner quicker than they clearly are.

https://streamable.com/yvpa4

• Agree 1

On 11/12/2019 at 3:22 PM, MannSG said:

Let me try.

This is a very common scenario where the opponent slams into your face but you are the one getting the penalty. So much for hard racing or unfair racing?

https://streamable.com/y4deg

That sums it up succinctly for me. You can drive a perfectly executed race and get no reward. And I don't mean a points reward, I'm talking about the reward of satisfaction that you did well. Also of note illustrated here is something that happens time and time again....you are meant to be racing one opponent so why place cars that cannot be overtaken on the track as blockades? You can try to overtake them, but they will brake unnecessarily to such a slow speed on corners that you rear end them and get a penalty. And I reiterate, as I have over and over... we only have (in this case at Singapore) 20 seconds to try and catch the opponent which is not possible. So why aren't these races 3 laps where we could seriously challenge for the lead? 

Why is every mode a single race? If you are continuing to read these comments, please tell us why this limitation is placed on the game?

I think I know why! It came to me in a vision after eating the wrong sort of mushrooms. The player would win too often to make it profitable. Single laps make the odds of success relatively low for the majority of players. 

Edited by Dr Zaius
  • Agree 1

The game has gone berserk on me for the past 1-2 hours. It’s one thing to be trailing 2+ secs behind opponents 1-2 thousand points behind, it’s quite another to be bumped off the tracks every subsequent grid race. Lost 350 points and I’m back where I was 2 days ago!

• Agree 1

To CMF1mobile,

add one more category in challenge. Finishing 1st (10x) in either Grid or Sprint Duels wins you 10 cr. That’s on top of what is there now.

• Agree 1

I get that you are keen to improve things, but i think there are better ways of solving duel cheating.

For example, you could introduce a progressive damage model so that in the bottom leagues you can play bumper cars, but to play in the elite leagues you have a full damage model where a hit on another car is going to give you wing damage or a puncture, and put you out of contention in terms of performance.

Get rid of the stupid engine cut out and apply a stewards penalty at the end of the race just like in... er... formula one!

Apply stewards penalties appropriately - so going off track doesn’t confer a penalty unless the driver gets an advantage. Then you can get rid of the invisible walls.

Disqualify qually laps if the car exceeds track limits just like in er... formula one!

Oh and solve the bots braking issues.

Increase the number of laps for duels too - maybe give players the option to opt out of longer races if they want to. 

5 hours ago, iainc said:

I get that you are keen to improve things, but i think there are better ways of solving duel cheating.

For example, you could introduce a progressive damage model so that in the bottom leagues you can play bumper cars, but to play in the elite leagues you have a full damage model where a hit on another car is going to give you wing damage or a puncture, and put you out of contention in terms of performance. Voted x5

Get rid of the stupid engine cut out and apply a stewards penalty at the end of the race just like in... er... formula one!

Apply stewards penalties appropriately - so going off track doesn’t confer a penalty unless the driver gets an advantage. Then you can get rid of the invisible walls.

Disqualify qually laps if the car exceeds track limits just like in er... formula one!

Oh and solve the bots braking issues. Voted 5x

Increase the number of laps for duels too - maybe give players the option to opt out of longer races if they want to. Voted 5x

These all sound like some ideas and good ones, so have edited above and included my vote on ones I would like to see.

I'd like to see a Time Trials option for single mode where you Quali race against a ghost that is driving your best laptime. 

Carry this a step further and allow racing agains't a friend's best lap time in single mode.

Secondly, retain the best 3 lap and sector times for each track to help when training for a track.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

I'd like to see a Time Trials option for single mode where you Quali race against a ghost that is driving your best laptime. 

Carry this a step further and allow racing agains't a friend's best lap time in single mode. This could also be challenge your friend to a 3 lap duel?

Secondly, retain the best 3 lap and sector times for each track to help when training for a track.

Edited above.

https://streamable.com/7otnb

In the video linked above, I start way slower than the other guy for some reason. This happens quite frequently. 

The contact by the other player easily would have lost me the game. 

Over-aggressive AI made me scrape against the wall.

I've also noticed that there are always some players that always do this. I take note of their name, and if I see them, I'll screen record. This is how I got the recording.

Extra bug:

I don't know if it's just me but, while going straight at high speeds at the UK and Russian track, the car somehow oversteers and just turns one side. 

Edited by JQ9999

It's becoming monotonously repetitive to be leading in a Sprint or Grid Start and despite driving safely and having a commanding lead over your opponent, you are rear ended on the last corner by a bot and shoved into a wall or the sand to finish 12th. Why do you program such behaviours that make me hate the game? I really hate it lately. At seasons end I have to seriously consider deleting it because the frustration simply isn't worth it.

• Agree 2

It appears that CM hears our grievances, head off and try fix that one bug in the game, however it seems that by doing that they create a new bug.

For e.g what i’ve noticed lately is that i’m In a sprint duel against a lower ranked “player” and I lost that duel and had 42 points deducted, however in next and subsequent duels against more or less equal or higher ranked “players” and finishing in some cases with 5 plus seconds lead only receive a measly 26 points for the win?

imo we should receive or lose an identical amount of points for either a loss or a win, with the exception of if you win or lose with a lead of x plus seconds then you should lose or gain double points, and if you win or lose with x times 2 then triple points? With x being the factor of for e.g 5 seconds.

Would like to hear others input on this suggestion.....

win loss points should be based on finishing position of drivers or time based difference like suggested. 
been losing 40pts and winning 20pts for a long time. Coupled with racing “lower ranked” opponents in sprints/grids, the points slide can be massive in a short time. 

• Agree 2

unusually I decide to give a sprint duel a shot (i usually bail if it’s not a qually duel), All it did was reinforce my decision to stick with qualifying only duels. Opponent was some waste of space called Moreira, pushed me into the wall immediately after the duel started (montreal circuit). i passed him again at turn 2 after he’d made a mess of ramming an npc off, he then just smashed me into the barrier. From that i get a DNF, loss of points and .4 off my safety rating! How is it that the devs ‘need’ evidence of this behaviour, all they need to do is play the bl***y game and they’d know how frustrating it is!

Anyway, qual only might not be as ‘challenging’ as the other duels but at least I only have to contend with stupid sticky grass, invisible brick walls and ghost cars which appear to suffer from none of the afore mentioned game ‘improvements’!

Happy racing! (in game: qualonlyduels)

• Agree 1

Try Real Racing 3! They have a new F1 format and with careful use of their racing credits (using the daily race with the basic car on loan) you can climb up the tiers without spending cash. The racing is brilliant!! So far they have five circuits with Abu Dhabi currently, but it's light years ahead of Codies circuit. The racing is "real racing" without AI killer cars, you can break late, cut inside an opponent and not get a penalty for cutting the corner slightly. I'm declaring a mutiny!!! Abandon F1 Mobile. Show them we've had enough and that another team has a better F1 game.

• Agree 1

Plus with small expenditure you can vip a car and then not have waiting times for upgrades or servicing.

However at glance that appears to be a cost per car..... so advice would be to choose your preferred team car carefully before vip purchase.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pete74786 said:

Plus with small expenditure you can vip a car and then not have waiting times for upgrades or servicing.

However at glance that appears to be a cost per car..... so advice would be to choose your preferred team car carefully before vip purchase.

Do you find the competitions much more engaging? Not to mention challenging and truly realistic. The variety of race formats is such a breath of fresh air after the humdrum 1 lap duels over and over. Even though we just have Abu Dhabi at present, I love the idea of the safety car on the track! It brings a new dimension to the experience. And challenges like managing tire wear make for some fun racing. It just makes Codemasters look like lame ducks with no new ideas. I urge anyone who likes F1 racing.... download RR3 now!

• Agree 1