Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch 1.06 has transformed grid 2019, just get rid of Ai in multiplayer 😍

Thankyou codemasters,

for giving us patch 1.06,   its transformed grid ,  

graphics are now much crisper and brighter, 

cockpit mode actually looks cools especially Ferrari 330 and ford gt40 ,

sound from both car is excellent, and car handling physics now feels much more like grid auto sport,

i would like to know how you managed to do this and keep up the good work,

we still need more tracks (content)  Ai in multiplayer needs to be removed completely,,

clearly you are turning game around and about time  ,,

'many thanks codemasters ,,,❤️

Umm...  WOW!  I thought patch was just supposed to fix the crashes on my Xbox.  I was was not expecting a complete fix for the graphics.  The game looks awesome now even on the base Xbox now.  Completely crisp.  It looks entirely different.  Even the rear view mirror works at more than 3 fps now.  I noticed a a drop in graphic quality in cockpit sadly, but still a massive improvement.

Edit:  My initial testing on physics, I didn't notice anything different using the cars I normally use.  Then I jumped in the Ford GT GTE, a car I wanted to like, but couldn't control.  The FFB on my wheel was off with it, not giving me any feedback.  I would be constantly oversteering on a car you would expect to understeer a lot.  That has been fixed.  The FFB is working on that car now and the physics of that car feel planted like the rest of the Group 1 GTE class.  It's actually enjoyable to drive now.  So it seems they may have gone back and fixed some cars.  I'll test others later, no time now.  Maybe the Ford GT40 is drivable now.

Its amazing, even the trees look fantastic now, on Brand Hatch i saw 2 mockingbirds building a nest right in the third corner

No fine update, looks better and no more crashes so far 

Let's hope they will also fix the slow ai and make them faster on each difficulty Level.  Also add an Option to choose the Laps in the career Mode 

I came to make a similar topic, lol. Me and me friend who also bought the game, we both noticed that the game looks better now. I was not sure if that was the case or is that I missed the game since I haven't played in a week.

Nice! On top of that, I played some good two hours without any freezes or stuff, so I'm glad that it is fixed.

And that's the point, when everything works, the game sure is fun as heck. Damn, Codies... you are so close to make a really awesome game!

Now that all the major issues have taken out of the way, you can start adding and correcting some stuff :)

Would it be possible to have the team do similar tweaks for the Xbox One X version of the game? If they were able to improve GRID on the base Xbox One by that much then I'd imagine that there is headroom to optimize and improve the Xbox One X version as well (framerate, graphics or both). I personally wouldn't want to trade graphics for a decrease in frame rate but would really appreciate it if you could at minimum resolve the texture and shadow pop-ins. If you could resolve that, make the game look even better and still have a rocksolid framerate then that would be amazing. Also, can the mirror quality be increased without a performance penalty? I play exclusively in cockpit view. I really appreciate the teams efforts on trying to improve the game. Thanks for your consideration.

🙂

@ChrisGrovesMCM

28 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4979326

I think I see what's going on. The base consoles have improved, and people are excited. 😂 I doubt the PC version has really improved.

and MODES im sick of doing race and time trail over and over and over and over and over and over and over.... 

There has definitely been an update to the FFB for some cars.  For the most part the cars are the same.  But two cars I definitely had a problem with were the Ford GT GTE and Ford GT40.  I was constantly oversteering the the former and could barely drive the latter at all.  There just wasn't any feedback in my wheel compared to other cars.  Since the last update, this changed.  The actual physics don't seem to have changed, just the feedback I am getting.  It is hard to explain, but I can feel the car.  Before there would be no indication in the FFB anything was going on, now it's there. 

I also learned from this improved feedback why I was struggling with these cars.  The Ford GT GTE takes barely any steering inputs at all.  Watching a replay in cockpit is weird, because the wheel barely moves.  Now that I can sense this though, this car is pretty awesome.  It is incredibly planted if you don't oversteer it and probably the best handling car in the class.  The Ford GT40 is still a beast to drive, but being able to feel the traction and body sway through the cars makes a massive difference in being able to handle it properly.  I easily cut 4 seconds off my Cathredral pass time, even beating my Ferrari time of about 56.4, and it wasn't even that good a lap.

A friend of mine who is a controller user was telling me he could tell a difference on the Ferrari with controller being much more controllable and cut 3 seconds off his Okutama GP time down into the 1:43s.  I don't use a controller, as with the wheel the car felt exactly the same to me.  That makes me suspect that they are adjusting the Wheel and Controller feedback settings separately car by car, and not likely changing any of the physics.

18 hours ago, Kaylos29 said:

There has definitely been an update to the FFB for some cars.  For the most part the cars are the same.  But two cars I definitely had a problem with were the Ford GT GTE and Ford GT40.  I was constantly oversteering the the former and could barely drive the latter at all.  There just wasn't any feedback in my wheel compared to other cars.  Since the last update, this changed.  The actual physics don't seem to have changed, just the feedback I am getting.  It is hard to explain, but I can feel the car.  Before there would be no indication in the FFB anything was going on, now it's there. 

I also learned from this improved feedback why I was struggling with these cars.  The Ford GT GTE takes barely any steering inputs at all.  Watching a replay in cockpit is weird, because the wheel barely moves.  Now that I can sense this though, this car is pretty awesome.  It is incredibly planted if you don't oversteer it and probably the best handling car in the class.  The Ford GT40 is still a beast to drive, but being able to feel the traction and body sway through the cars makes a massive difference in being able to handle it properly.  I easily cut 4 seconds off my Cathredral pass time, even beating my Ferrari time of about 56.4, and it wasn't even that good a lap.

A friend of mine who is a controller user was telling me he could tell a difference on the Ferrari with controller being much more controllable and cut 3 seconds off his Okutama GP time down into the 1:43s.  I don't use a controller, as with the wheel the car felt exactly the same to me.  That makes me suspect that they are adjusting the Wheel and Controller feedback settings separately car by car, and not likely changing any of the physics.

Dude.. the supercheap V6 Ford Falcon .. omg. oversteering as hell.. It's a pain to play with this car and especially on Okutama. Sometmes, I just want to break my controller in half because of the bad behavior of this car and how AI can perfectly handle the cars. AI can tap the wall > no problem, I tap the wall > it's over

I haven't tested the super tourers since the patch.  I think these cars are meant to oversteer on throttle.  They behaved the same way on Forza and required delicate throttle response.  They are the same here, well adjoining easily, meaning too much throttle cause snap oversteer.  Also thecats are not very wide and planted like other classes.  A classic case of more power than the chassis was originally designed for.

The Holden and the Camaro had nearly terrible FFB to indicate overthrottle or to hard off cornering was happening.  I actually found the Ford Falcon much better in this regard.  Was still tricky to drive, but the FFB would generally tell me when I was giving to much throttle or turning to hard for the speed.

I agree it seems the AI has an unfair advantage in this class.  The cars are really tricky to drive even if you canfeel what it's doing.