DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VR and heavy weather big problems

Hello.
My real big problem is the heavy rain and heavy snow weather. When this happens in both rally and rallycross it is literally impossible to see anything if you use the cockpit camera view. It is not racing it is surviving ! I have to use an external camera to play because otherwise I cant play ... I cant see anything almost outside the windshield. This is really really annoying. On top of it AI seems to be totally indifferent to the weather conditions. They always make the same times ..... You really need to curb the intensity of the snow and the rain on the windshield. I understand wanting to be "realistic" but this is WAY too much guys ....

My specs are in the signature. Other than this huge problem with heavy weather the game works great for me.

@koog2003Please provide video from your end then attach my video from out discussion in Dirty Gossip thread to make comparison possible.

If there are real differences, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the result of different gfx settings (ie resolution or anything else). I can then provide you my settings.

On 11/13/2019 at 9:30 AM, koog2003 said:

Possible nobody has the same problem ?

Yes, a lot of people (included me) have this problem on VR. Take a look on VR feedback thread.

On 11/13/2019 at 11:30 AM, MaXyMsrpl said:

@koog2003Please provide video from your end then attach my video from out discussion in Dirty Gossip thread to make comparison possible.

If there are real differences, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the result of different gfx settings (ie resolution or anything else). I can then provide you my settings.

I will be recording a video this evening. It is really like .. I can barely see the track from within the cockpit. The weather effect is too much ... 

8 hours ago, cestomano said:

Yes, a lot of people (included me) have this problem on VR. Take a look on VR feedback thread.

It is insane guys .. I literally can't see **** ... It is really way way too much. They have to curb the effect everytime there is a stage with heavy rain or heavy snow it is unplayable.