Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

How to set force feedback levels

Hey guys I have a logitech G29 wheel and having a blast with it mostly however with it being my first force feedback wheel I am struggling to find a setting that feels right. I run at 370 degrees rotation as this to me matches the in game wheel. At 360 the in game wheel was a head by 5 degrees or so.

I have Ffb set to 50 in game. On track effects 25. Curbs 25 off track 25 wheel dampner 5 and understeer effect off.

I just dont know if I am getting the most out of my wheel but the steering feels pretty heavy as it is.

Wish there was some sort of in game telementry like in PC2 to test ffb levels.

• Like 1

I use the following, bearing in mind i like a good weight to my wheel. Give them a try and see what ya think, whether this is relevant or not i don't know but i also use cockpit cam....

Vibration & FFB Strength = 95
On Track = 10
Rumble Strips = 30
Off Track = 20
Wheel Damper = 20
Understeer = Off
Rotation = 360

Can actually drive with this but had to turn wheel dampner to 10 on 20 wheel made a zip like noise.

Ffb is heavy so might be able to lighten the wheel sensitivity.

I run 10o FFB cause I like the weight as well, and 40% for the rest, with wheel at 10

Edited by Yetskii

Would you guys reccommend the TMX/T150 over the G920. 

Seeing reviews not saying the Thrustmaster ffb is better and I am still in the returns window. Plus Id get 30 quid back its just the pedals on the thrustmaster that concern me but can be upgraded later.

21 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

Would you guys reccommend the TMX/T150 over the G920. 

Seeing reviews not saying the Thrustmaster ffb is better and I am still in the returns window. Plus Id get 30 quid back its just the pedals on the thrustmaster that concern me but can be upgraded later.

Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel > Fanatec CSL Elite > T500/T300 > G29/G920 > T150/TMX > Hori Racing/T80

In your shoes, i would not get a TMX/T150 for a G920, as the G920 is far superior.

If you want something of equal value, that also has the ability to be upgraded, T300 is the best allrounder imo.

On consoles, nothing beats Fanatec though.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, AdamFreeman said:

Hey guys I have a logitech G29 wheel and having a blast with it mostly however with it being my first force feedback wheel I am struggling to find a setting that feels right. I run at 370 degrees rotation as this to me matches the in game wheel. At 360 the in game wheel was a head by 5 degrees or so.

I have Ffb set to 50 in game. On track effects 25. Curbs 25 off track 25 wheel dampner 5 and understeer effect off.

I just dont know if I am getting the most out of my wheel but the steering feels pretty heavy as it is.

Wish there was some sort of in game telementry like in PC2 to test ffb levels.

Maybe lighten the FFB a bit and make curbs stronger than the road.  I use 45 and anywhere from 0 to 10 damper in the game, but with Fanatec Formula V2.

360 degrees is standard, but it is personal preference.

The FFB in F1 19 isn't great, but it is serviceable.

14 hours ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel > Fanatec CSL Elite > T500/T300 > G29/G920 > T150/TMX > Hori Racing/T80

In your shoes, i would not get a TMX/T150 for a G920, as the G920 is far superior.

If you want something of equal value, that also has the ability to be upgraded, T300 is the best allrounder imo.

On consoles, nothing beats Fanatec though.

Agree, but the Clubsport/Formula V2 Fanatec is above CSL Elite and below Podium.

• Agree 1

Im going to raise the curbs abit for sure but I think I am favouring a higher ffb and raising sensitivity to get more feeling but not too heavy. Its weird spending practise sessions setting up the wheel rather than the car. Drove 3 tracks so far and I have changed the wheel settings every track.

Right after 3 dysmal race weekends turned up to monza with some pace and consistency. 

Due to mostly spending points on engine upgrades despite the worst car on the grid my Williams seems pretty competitive here mixing with the force indias who are usually around Q3 and I was able to put te car on 9th on AI 87 but the feel of the car was pretty good.

I started the weekend pretty much like the last struggling and trying a few different things.

I could control the car nicely on 100 ffb but wasnt quick due to how heavy the steering felt. Times were in the 1.29s on Mediums while stroll was knocking in 1.27s. 

Tried a lower ffb and 50 was okay but not enough feeling for me a bit too light at times so I upped this to 60-65 seems a good balance after doing a 23 lap long run at the start of P3 on softs. I also tweaked the cockpit cam from default. Felt abit too zoomed so I can see abit more infront now but I havent changed the vertical setting or anything as I feel sitting higher in the car is cheating 😂

Felt instantly even more connected to the car and aftr 23 laps my times had fallen 2 seconds despite wearing tyres. Could just have been getting used to the wheel finally but on the qualy program after I came in P1 with 1.24.342

Stroll was 1.25.8 but in fairness I had rich mode and hotlap ERS wjich AI dont do but I had to raise AI to 87 for qualy and still had half a second in stroll but its stroll so thats fair enough 😁

Looking forward to the race tomorrow after work. I am still 5-8 AI points off of my pad difficulty but finally get consistant and the wheel is much better for tyre teg!

Anyway guys thanks for your inputs really digging my racing now 🙂

• Agree 1

Adjusting your cockpit view & getting it right b4 you change your wheel settings is a what I think is the best step.

Once you get that perfect view then you will know if the wheel is right for you.

That's how I feel.

I been playing around with both for a while, I am newish to F1 game again.

I take a screenshot b4 I change any settings.

My settings tmx 300

All calibration set to default.

FFB

74 (to reduce overheating & fan ) plus feels good.

The rest is default.

Cam cockpit view.

50%

100%

Halo on.

I like this view I can see my mirrors & I can still see my apex.

But I like I say I still adjusting my cam & taking pictures off my settings to see if I can get that 1 settings for all tracks.

I do like a higher seat view because I normally run no assist .

I only run racing line when I getting use to the track & every P1 in.

I run 100% offline mode.

😂😂😂🤭 Changed my view again today.

Edited by Hygradeb