Sign in to follow this  

GRID Has a 40-Car Mode on Google Stadia That’s ‘Just Not Possible with Other Hardware’

so what ? if are 40 car on career single player mode with that badly balanced ai is a mess.

if you have 40 cars online and lobby is still filled with ai is a nightmare… :classic_biggrin:

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

so what ? if are 40 car on career single player mode with that badly balanced ai is a mess.

if you have 40 cars online and lobby is still filled with ai is a nightmare… :classic_biggrin:

And with 40 real players will be nightmare too.. :classic_laugh:

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, lastbreath said:

Is Stadia powerful enough for normal trees? 

no, they announced a dedicated quantum computer will take care of trees

• Haha 1

I think you can have up to/just over 100 cars on track in rFactor from 2005 (and rFactor engined games). So I would assume a (high end) PC might be able to handle it! Especially if Stadia streams from one, potentially?

GT group 1, multiplayer, 2 Human racers, 38 AI on San Francisco Short B (.94 miles), 3 laps.  Go!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kaylos29 said:

GT group 1, multiplayer, 2 Human racers, 38 AI on San Francisco Short B (.94 miles), 3 laps.  Go!

Massive pile up at start 100% of the time.

I would rather have 16 cars on Hazyview Figure 8 for 20 laps.

I used that example, because it's currently the 3rd race in multiplayer for group 1 GT.  Pretty ridiculous even with 16 max.  Only 3 laps to navigate the AI.  

13 hours ago, Kaylos29 said:

I used that example, because it's currently the 3rd race in multiplayer for group 1 GT.  Pretty ridiculous even with 16 max.  Only 3 laps to navigate the AI.  

You can up the laps surely? We were told that before release. 

NASCAR Heat 4 - a game running on the Unity engine and developed by a teeny tiny team - has 40 player online races as well as 40 vehicle offline races and Project Cars 1+2 also run grids of (upto) 40 cars on both generations of XB1 so no, i'm not buying into any theory of hardware restrictions affecting grid numbers.

I'm afraid codemasters is distracted with gimmicks these days, 400 unique AI personalities (only need 15), Alonso, shiny new things that make the decision makers go OOOH and forget about what is needed in a game.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

NASCAR Heat 4 - a game running on the Unity engine and developed by a teeny tiny team - has 40 player online races as well as 40 vehicle offline races and Project Cars 1+2 also run grids of (upto) 40 cars on both generations of XB1 so no, i'm not buying into any theory of hardware restrictions affecting grid numbers.

They also said back with GRID2 that lacking of interior cam was due to hardware restrictions in consoles... But we had games from 2000s with working and detailed interior cams 🙂

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

They also said back with GRID2 that lacking of interior cam was due to hardware restrictions in consoles... But we had games from 2000s with working and detailed interior cams 🙂

They did? I think the reason was they found out people were not using it as much in Grid 1 from their analytics. They miscalculated how vocal the user base that does use them is, and also failed to understand that people like options and they like using different cameras in different races, so the "majority" that supposedly wasn't using in-car view, were actually using it.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

I am sorry if i made a mistake but i am sure i saw that somewhere on internet back than.

Ah, "back then", when the internet was much more truthful.... If I had £1 for every time I genuinely was "one click away from seeing Kylie nude" i'd still be poor.

*disclaimer* : These were, erm, random popups from reputable websites.🤐

33 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

I am sorry if i made a mistake but i am sure i saw that somewhere on internet back than.

I remember that excuse to I don't think you are mistaken.

5 hours ago, FLAW3D said:

You can up the laps surely? We were told that before release. 

Not in multiplayer.

1 hour ago, Kaylos29 said:

Not in multiplayer.

You cannot up the laps from 3 in multiplayer? Surely not. 

2 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

You cannot up the laps from 3 in multiplayer? Surely not. 

Not in Quick Match but you can do whatever you want in Private games

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, FlanjeUK said:

Not in Quick Match but you can do whatever you want in Private games

except allow people to join them from public!

Yeah, when I said multilayer, I meant quickmatch, which has set tracks for the classes.  And it's 3 laps, whether it's Brands Hatch Indy or Sprang Full.

23 hours ago, GavinMac said:

except allow people to join them from public!

*** thats mental. How has Codies managed to go so far backwards regarding multiplayer?