Steel nimbus controller for iOS

My steel nimbus is connected to my iPhone 11 Pro Max, but none of the controls respond. Any thoughts or solutions. It works great with the game Grid, but is not working with F1 mobile. 

Hey @GRUEHLE, when you say "none of the controls respond", do you mean at the main menu or in-race? 

You cannot interactive with the main menu with a controller, you have to use the touch screen at this point to proceed to a race and then you will be able to use the controller during a race.

If it's not working during a race, would you mind telling me what OS version you are on? 

Just out of curiosity, does this controller allow for gradual acceleration and braking as opposed to simple full on/off functionality of the on screen controls?

It does not respond during gameplay. In the main menu, it shows that a controller is connected but none of the controls respond once the race starts. Also, this controller does allow gradual acceleration and braking. It’s very responsive in other games. I am running iOS 13.2.2 

Thanks!