and very few times seen pad players won race against steering wheel players

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, massa88 said:

sorry but i can't agree with this

Play a lot online

and very few times seen pad players won race against steering wheel players

If you are a bad player, you're bad with pad or wheel,

but trust me, i use both, this year PAD is faster up to 1 sec. (depend on the circuit, for example in China pad has no equals)

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Icefalcon said:

If you are a bad player, you're bad with pad or wheel,

but trust me, i use both, this year PAD is faster up to 1 sec. (depend on the circuit, for example in China pad has no equals)

maybe pad with no assist
definitely not with assist
otherwise i would win almost every race
but i don't

I was a pad with no assist player until 2 weeks ago and I had to drop 10 AI points to keep competitive with my team mate.

The pad even with no assists has something built in to keeo you on track more I am sure of it. I am slowly getting faster but its not even close to a fair fight between pad and wheel!

• Agree 5

On 11/18/2019 at 2:23 PM, LILLHELM said:

Pad with Assists 

victory too

If someone using assists is faster than you, it’s not the assists fault. It’s you fault for not being fast enough without assists.

• Agree 1

On 11/19/2019 at 1:58 PM, AdamFreeman said:

I was a pad with no assist player until 2 weeks ago and I had to drop 10 AI points to keep competitive with my team mate.

The pad even with no assists has something built in to keeo you on track more I am sure of it. I am slowly getting faster but its not even close to a fair fight between pad and wheel!

The steering assist is the most notable one, although it also has more traction out of corners. The steering assist means that you can't turn the wheels too much and have the front slide under you. If you go 200km/h and turn all the way to the left or right with the pad, it doesn't equal to having full steering lock. Swing a wheel to the far edge and your fronts break traction and have rotational friction turned into kinetic friction, equaling to understeer and elevated tire temperatures.

For example Assetto Corsa doesn't have built-in assists for pad users, which is why nobody is competitive with it.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

The guy in the video is a wheel Tcam user I find that strange itshalf inmersive I guess. The brake feedback from the brake trigger is costing me bags of time as theres nothing with my G920 pedals. Braking points are from memory not feel and then as the above poster says steering assist also.

I feel more in control of my car with a pad and thats sucking my wheel enjoymentm

11 hours ago, c3ix said:

If someone using assists is faster than you, it’s not the assists fault. It’s you fault for not being fast enough without assists.

this is true for professional esports driver not to normal users like us
turn off the assists, who is faster then?

Never found this to be the case, I race in a league with wheel and pad players, pad players with assist and without are all slower. Also in online races unless you watch the live race and see different steering movements you cannot tell who is racing with pad or without as the game does not tell you, so someone being faster than you could be with a wheel.

pad - huge advantage F12019

assists - not slower than without, but much easier to drive, steer something the rest makes TC and ABS - these are the real racer!!! 😉 

19 minutes ago, LILLHELM said:

Assist Driver are Mario Kart Driver

🤡

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

Never found this to be the case, I race in a league with wheel and pad players, pad players with assist and without are all slower. Also in online races unless you watch the live race and see different steering movements you cannot tell who is racing with pad or without as the game does not tell you, so someone being faster than you could be with a wheel.

agree with you
maybe just an professional pad player with no assist  can match wheel players

42 minutes ago, LILLHELM said:

pad - huge advantage F12019

assists - not slower than without, but much easier to drive, steer something the rest makes TC and ABS - these are the real racer!!! 😉 

play on pad  with assist against wheel players and then speak 

23 minutes ago, massa88 said:

agree with you
maybe just an professional pad player with no assist  can match wheel players

play on pad  with assist against wheel players and then speak 

sure because I drive my car with pad too 🤣

• Haha 1

Racing with a wheel also is harder pysically. Ffb steering verus twidly thumbs is a huge difference doing 100% races.

I am running 60 ffb on f1 18 and sinapore was pretty achy towards the end!

• Thanks 1

this will be the last time I go back to the pad vs. steering wheel issue, after which you have to get over it and look at other racing games that currently outclass and not just F1. in this video haas vs Mclaren or Pad vs Wheel on the paul ricard track where you need a scary traction and mileage. ALL NO ASSIST. to note that the pad with respect to the steering wheel does not suffer from understeer and indeed has greater insertion in the curve besides the fact that when it scales it almost never blocks the front ones. instead the steering wheel has a lot of understeer and a greater steering angle as well as not having the same distance in the curves and the locking is really too easy on the front wheels.
 now 
it's your turn. @BarryBL

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 4:48 PM, TheEmpireWasRight said:

The fastest pad driver should NEVER be able to compete against the fastest wheel driver. Period.

Their fastest times should be identical. Favouring people who can afford expensive hardware is literally "pay to win", and that always sucks.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Just seperate the wheel players from the pad players. You can never make the playground equal.  For TT 2 different time tables. For online lobies/leagues it should be possible for the host to set assists and required device. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, scottishwildcat said:

Their fastest times should be identical. Favouring people who can afford expensive hardware is literally "pay to win", and that always sucks.

therefore following your logic, fanatec thrustmaster and logitech should no longer market the wheel just because we "pay to win".
gentlemen before writing certain banalities we think.
  • Confused 1

On 11/21/2019 at 5:01 PM, LILLHELM said:

Assists separates the man from the boys

Trainingwheels just like little children on their bikes. 

• Agree 1