Jump to content

PAD is too faster than Wheel ! WHY ?

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

Cant agree atall with the arguement. If I go pad and tcam its almost unfair how much faster I am compared to wheel. 

 

can you prove what you say? I can't because I've been running with the steering wheel for 3 years and with the pad I'm slower than 4 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, advanceapple said:

can you prove what you say? I can't because I've been running with the steering wheel for 3 years and with the pad I'm slower than 4 seconds.

Agree with you on this one @advanceapple ,

I am slower from wheel users also to 4 sec or more per lap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, massa88 said:

Agree with you on this one @advanceapple ,

I am slower from wheel users also to 4 sec or more per lap

I did not want to say this. hahaha. the meaning of the sentence is that a player who has been running with the steering wheel for 3 years now to go back to the pad means to take 4 or more seconds per lap from the same player pad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys,i have one question:

When you say"tcam",what do you mean?

The traction controll or some camera settings ?i don t understand....

What benefit bring,if tcam mean camera,a visual for run with out assist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMRFOXHUNTER said:

Hello guys,i have one question:

When you say"tcam",what do you mean?

The traction controll or some camera settings ?i don t understand....

What benefit bring,if tcam mean camera,a visual for run with out assist?

Tcam is an external view. The one that mimics what you see during real life F1 events. It gives you an unrestricted view of the track from higher up so undoubtedly a huge advantage over the realistic but restricted view from the actual drivers POV, the cockpit view. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Tcam is an external view. The one that mimics what you see during real life F1 events. It gives you an unrestricted view of the track from higher up so undoubtedly a huge advantage over the realistic but restricted view from the actual drivers POV, the cockpit view. 

Thank you for explain 

I use the cam before the cockpit aniway

And i use a wheel XD

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TMRFOXHUNTER said:

Thank you for explain 

I use the cam before the cockpit aniway

And i use a wheel XD

You're welcome! If you're playing offline it's entirely up to you how you play and enjoy the game. People only get into heated discussions when they are talking about online, especially ranking and esports events. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

You're welcome! If you're playing offline it's entirely up to you how you play and enjoy the game. People only get into heated discussions when they are talking about online, especially ranking and esports events. 

I start to play on 2017 in a league and continue now.

The difference beatween the 2 hardware this year is very huge unfortunately...but important is to enjoy and havr a fun with the players (in my League they have respect on the track).

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TMRFOXHUNTER said:

I start to play on 2017 in a league and continue now.

The difference beatween the 2 hardware this year is very huge unfortunately...but important is to enjoy and havr a fun with the players (in my League they have respect on the track).

tell barry how huge the differences between the two peripherals are, because he doesn't believe me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, advanceapple said:

tell barry how huge the differences between the two peripherals are, because he doesn't believe me.

I told him in the previous page;this year you see the difference.

You think i make TT in germany(1:10:458) with pad and no traction controll(abs on) and my time was 1 sec slower  with 20 minutes play.....if i play everyday for 3 hour.......but why?

Edited by TMRFOXHUNTER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TMRFOXHUNTER said:

I told him in the previous page;this year you see the difference.

You think i make TT in germany(1:10:458) with pad and no traction controll(abs on) and my time was 1 sec slower  with 20 minutes play.....if i play everyday for 3 hour.......but why?

unanswered question, man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, advanceapple said:

unanswered question, man.

Of course....but sometimes the silence(of Codemasters) is a valid answer when "you"(in this case "us") show all these evidence.

Edited by TMRFOXHUNTER
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C'mon guys, pad is more performing on equal terms (by most important youtuber's own admission).

 

We hope in F1 2020

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Icefalcon said:

C'mon guys, pad is more performing on equal terms (by most important youtuber's own admission).

 

We hope in F1 2020

 

 

last year was equal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, advanceapple said:

last year was equal.

Last year doesn't so fast:a lot of player-pad lost the car during traction moments.

Last year,in my league people with pad ran 1 second slower and this year,without spend time on training,run 0,5 sec slower than me.....

Without training..........

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TMRFOXHUNTER said:

Last year doesn't so fast:a lot of player-pad lost the car during traction moments.

Last year,in my league people with pad ran 1 second slower and this year,without spend time on training,run 0,5 sec slower than me.....

Without training..........

 

according to barry it's all fair but don't tell her. we are just the ones who complain about the wrong things. but anyway the game is almost dead. and in the years to come it will get worse. oh well.
 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The leader board could indicate your peripheral type and a filter could be added so that wheeled drivers can only go up against other wheeled drivers if need be.. 

Edited by Coanda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BarryBL Question - On the Australian GP (just picking the first race of the year)  leaderboard - of the top 1000 times - curious as to how many are wheels and how many are pads? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dwin20 said:

@BarryBL Question - On the Australian GP (just picking the first race of the year)  leaderboard - of the top 1000 times - curious as to how many are wheels and how many are pads? Thanks

... and furthermore how many have the "Enhanced Understeer" effect enabled as I believe users are exploiting this assist (should be under assists imo) for lap time.

Edited by Coanda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Icefalcon said:

News about F1 2020 ? 

Pad overpowered next year too ? 😱

I'd expect so! The vast majority of customers will be pad users who want to compete and do well. If there was no pad 'boost' they would mostly lose to wheel users who have an obvious natural advantage. If they lose a lot they would complain and quit playing. Wheel users are not going to quit playing even with a perceived disadvantage against pad users as they have invested heavily in their hobby. So from a business POV it makes sense to treat pad users well and let wheel users fight for the scraps. It's not FAIR but pure business....

🤔🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2020 at 5:46 PM, sloppysmusic said:

I'd expect so! The vast majority of customers will be pad users who want to compete and do well. If there was no pad 'boost' they would mostly lose to wheel users who have an obvious natural advantage. If they lose a lot they would complain and quit playing. Wheel users are not going to quit playing even with a perceived disadvantage against pad users as they have invested heavily in their hobby. So from a business POV it makes sense to treat pad users well and let wheel users fight for the scraps. It's not FAIR but pure business....

🤔🙄

Casual Pad gamers (the vast majority of customers) are not interested in professional leagues, They play just for fun in single player career or random multiplayer lobbies, so in my opinion the problem does not arise. 

But a Pro Pad player could get an unfair benefit in this situation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Icefalcon said:

Casual Pad gamers (the vast majority of customers) are not interested in professional leagues, They play just for fun in single player career or random multiplayer lobbies, so in my opinion the problem does not arise. 

But a Pro Pad player could get an unfair benefit in this situation

That's absolutely true but I was not referring to league players but ALL online players. The vast majority of random lobby players would not be at all happy if they got beaten by wheel users so that's why the boost exists, not because of league at all. In league most players use a wheel so when competing against each other it doesn't really matter if there is a pad boost or not. A lot of the esports drivers also stream live and looking the part is important to them so using a pad on a live stream looks kinda amateur. It's ironic because they use a wheel to look pro but then use some of the assists in the game such as the ubiquitous T-Cam view which is about as unrealistic and non-pro looking as you can get!

If the pad boost was absolutely ridiculous then of course esports drivers would use it, but it's more of a subtle aid keeping drivers on track for longer, stopping crashes every few moments with some subtle smoothing around fast and tight corners to prevent oversteer which is certainly possible with a wheel but easier to avoid with far more travel movement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×