PAD is too faster than Wheel ! WHY ?

the big problem is pad users have better traction. off the line they get very good starts and out of slow corners. i get most players are pad users however if soemone on a pad is faster than a wheel user due to hidden assist by a big margin then that needs fixing.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LILLHELM said:

Thanks Codemasters

Top-Game 💩

Edited by Greenn66
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Greenn66 said:

Thanks Codemasters

Top-Game 💩

do not fix anything, the game is now dead. this is because they did tests on tests, when the truth did nothing, they must be ashamed.
God money.

If really equal, why isn't PAD allowed in esports?

Pads are allowed and treated equally in STREET FIGHTER V e-SPORTS

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Interesting topic! But wow, then I honestly can't believe how bad I am at this game. I bought F1 2019 after owning F1 2012, so not my first rodeo, also not my first racing game at all. Agreed I'm still learning but currently I just can't compete with the AI if the difficulty is 75 or higher.

I was thinking of getting myself a racing wheel (although I don't have a desk to put the wheel on, I just game in my living room and I'd get a hernia if I put the thing on my coffee table) because in my opinion racing wheel users have an advantage when it comes to smoothness of the racing line in corners where you don't have to turn the wheel 100%. On the controller you have just 1 cm of space before you max out.

But I bet I'm doing something horribly wrong. Multiple things. 

Edited by TO87

In the Codies F1 games the pad has in-built traction assist, braking assist and most importantly turning assist. Full manual pad can be experienced in the likes of Assetto Corsa, which is border line undrivable.

I don't mind having the game accessible to all with different assists and settings, but that's different to having to swallow it up as an excuse for everything. Properly customizable lobby settings, leaderboard times, lobby-search etc. would actually show that the devs cared for the more advanced players as well. It wouldn't make the game any less accessible for beginners, but a lot more accessible for veterans. Furthermore, improvements like that should be in the game after 9(?) years of development, especially as they should be relatively cheap and easy to add (and copypaste to "new" games).

• Agree 1

One of the problems is pad over wheel. 

Pads can almost cut Apex and get far less penalties. 

We ran a league for several years with F1  

I've posted multiple times and got my hands spanked for that.

On day one release early access senna vs. Prost patch 1.03. .f12019 was completely equal. 

We did exhausted testing on ps4 and found the guys using pads were struggling. 

For us wheel users it was great. We could equal pad users. assists worked .the more u took off assists the quicker you went 

Car set ups worked .

It was the best F1 game codemasters had ever produced. 

A true masterpiece. 

Everything was fantastic. 

Then we noticed on patch 1.04 that car setups didn't work anymore and back to front..

I posted in 1st month of owning f12019 please please dont change a thing. 

The rest was history .

Codemasters responded with the game is for all ages 3plus  so with that I knew they had changed core of f12019  probably to get more sales. 

Look how that went.  Half price in 5 weeks. 

Last 2 final patches have made game better. 

What we all know is codemasters are more than capable of producing a  high quality F12019 sim  wether on ps4.  PC or xbox 

My personal opinion is they should have kept f12019 as it was on day one release .and it would have commanded top dollars all year round. 

Just look at project cars2 . Its 3 years old and still going strong. 

1 thing I want to  add is thanks to me promoting project cars2. Codemasters bought the company. 

It remains to be seen if it will be a good or bad thing. 

And moderators  please moderate those sill sex videos someone multiple posted or the multiple posting of something similar few weeks ago  

Be safe everyone 😷

• Like 1

15 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

1 thing I want to  add is thanks to me promoting project cars2. Codemasters bought the company. 

And moderators  please moderate those sill sex videos someone multiple posted or the multiple posting of something similar few weeks ago  

Be safe everyone 😷

@senna94f1, can you please send me the links for these videos, as I have not seen them on the F1 forums and will get them removed straight away. News to me as I was away from the forums for a while on personal leave. I'm surprised no one has seen these before

The game uses a code to control excessive steering only active with control pads, this kind of built-in "steering aid" that no one using pad can't turn off is essential for ppl that use pads to enjoy the game and have less crashes, I just think at least on F12020 they should allow it to be tuned. And separate in the on line servers pad drives from wheel drivers. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, HugoPenafort said:

The game uses a code to control excessive steering only active with control pads, this kind of built-in "steering aid" that no one using pad can't turn off is essential for ppl that use pads to enjoy the game and have less crashes, I just think at least on F12020 they should allow it to be tuned. And separate in the on line servers pad drives from wheel drivers. 

Hello everybody

So this new mech style,that we found in the 2020,it was already try(like test)in the f1 2019?if yes....another year for pad OP....GGWP

Regarding "Steering assist" - it's not even an assist, it's just values of steering in the game files.

From my understanding, there are "SteerIn" and "SteerOut" (for both sides) values (or called something like that) for every team separately, and they control the turning speed for gamepads. Some guy some time ago (I think for patch 1.10? unsure, can't remember) made a mod, which was posted in RaceDepartment, which changed the turning speeds to be literally "linear" - it made quick turning adjustments available, however the turning speed was so fast it was hard keeping the car in the straight line sometimes (tried it back then, was nice to have an actually responsive car, but it was unstable on track).

1 hour ago, TMRFOXHUNTER said:

Hello everybody

So this new mech style,that we found in the 2020,it was already try(like test)in the f1 2019?if yes....another year for pad OP....GGWP

Another year for casual players, another year of ****....thank you Codemasters

Posted (edited)

And don't complain when Verstappen and Norris say "this is arcade, this is not Formula 1"

Edited by Icefalcon

1 hour ago, mantazzo said:

Regarding "Steering assist" - it's not even an assist, it's just values of steering in the game files.

From my understanding, there are "SteerIn" and "SteerOut" (for both sides) values (or called something like that) for every team separately, and they control the turning speed for gamepads. Some guy some time ago (I think for patch 1.10? unsure, can't remember) made a mod, which was posted in RaceDepartment, which changed the turning speeds to be literally "linear" - it made quick turning adjustments available, however the turning speed was so fast it was hard keeping the car in the straight line sometimes (tried it back then, was nice to have an actually responsive car, but it was unstable on track).

When the game it was release,the steering it was egual,pad and wheel,

After,they patch(the famous pacht of 21 july)and the game change.....

• Confused 1

On 11/15/2019 at 1:35 PM, senna94f1 said:

On dayone release,f12019 pad vs wheel was equal,

somewhere over the poor patches which made a great game bad ,they changed it to help the pad users,

some pad users are known to use Cronus max , which then makes it pointless,

the only true real sim racer will use a wheel,  and the future will be wheels, 

i would recommend if your running a league or in a league use the multiplayer car or classic cars , as the F1 2019 cars are useless, the  performance patch killed of the f12019 cars , 

we were told we would have monthly car performance and livery updates ,,

its a real shame because codemasters are more than capable of producing a high end sim racing game ,

just look at dirt rally 1.0 and dirt rally 2.0 , probably 2 of the best racing sims ,

@UP100 the famous pacht XD

33 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

F1 2020 is coming. Over and out.

the copy of the F1 2019, F1 2020 pad overpower edition it will be released to july 10th, Did i write it correctly? 😄 ahahah

16 minutes ago, advanceapple said:

the copy of the F1 2019, F1 2020 pad overpower edition it will be released to july 10th, Did i write it correctly? 😄 ahahah

Probably a lot closer to the truth than you really think 🙂

Just now, steviejay69 said:

Probably a lot closer to the truth than you really think 🙂

I'm serious, I didn't want to slam the truth in the face too violently. ahahahah 😄

• Haha 1

Most of the time I drive this game with a wheel but sometimes I use a pad in the Playstation in my living room just for fun and since the stupid patch driving with a pad is not so enjoyable, for example most of the time impossible to make the monaco hotel airpin because of the stupid overturn steering help for pads. They try to help pad users and made it worse. At least I think some old F1 cars were not influenced by this patch.

Is it even possible to beat this superhuman AI in the wet using a pad? I have to lower difficulty by 12 to even be remotely able to compete with the AI. Absolutely gobsmacked by this imbalance.