PAD is too faster than Wheel ! WHY ?

Despite Codemasters has an important partnership with Fanatec, 

in F1 2019 my pad (35euro) is faster than my Fanatec Formula V2 (1000 euro).....up to 1 sec. for lap on xbox one (more traction, more performance, more everything).

I'm very very disappointed, every year they try to meet the needs of casual gamers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

On dayone release,f12019 pad vs wheel was equal,

somewhere over the poor patches which made a great game bad ,they changed it to help the pad users,

some pad users are known to use Cronus max , which then makes it pointless,

the only true real sim racer will use a wheel,  and the future will be wheels, 

i would recommend if your running a league or in a league use the multiplayer car or classic cars , as the F1 2019 cars are useless, the  performance patch killed of the f12019 cars , 

we were told we would have monthly car performance and livery updates ,,

its a real shame because codemasters are more than capable of producing a high end sim racing game ,

just look at dirt rally 1.0 and dirt rally 2.0 , probably 2 of the best racing sims ,

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

beacause if they don't sell to those who play with pads, codemasters fail, so it's better to sell to occasional players by making the OP pad than to imitate a little more in the simulation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3

48 minutes ago, senna94f1 said:

somewhere over the poor patches which made a great game bad ,they changed it to help the pad users,

i would recommend if your running a league or in a league use the multiplayer car or classic cars , as the F1 2019 cars are useless, the  performance patch killed of the f12019 cars , 

its a real shame because codemasters are more than capable of producing a high end sim racing game ,

just look at dirt rally 1.0 and dirt rally 2.0 , probably 2 of the best racing sims ,

Yes you're right, before the first patch balancing was perfect. 

But they want an arcade approch always and however.....it's a shame 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

They've given the finger to sim drivers every step of the way.  

Those using a wheel and cockpit are at 2 massive disadvantages right off the bat. No option to force cockpit view, like every other sim (even on console) is absolutely incredible.  

Dirt 2.0 is very good.  This is the first F1 I've owned since 2013 or so and it will be my last unless they fix fundamental flaws.  

GUARANTEED none of them will be fixed in coming months. There will be a couple trivial changes and then $$$ Thanksgiving and Christmas car paint, suits, and gloves. 

• Agree 4

As a recent mover from pad to wheel I can vouch for this although I play on 2018 not this years game.

I am around 10 AI points down on my pad difficulty you can abuse the corners much easier with a pad where as on the wheel it can easily lead to a crash. There has to be hidden traction control or something as I played not assists on pad but find it much more easier to spin tbe car with a wheel.

• Agree 4

41 minutes ago, LILLHELM said:

@codemasters

when will pad and wheel be equally fast again?

pad advantage is way too big

The fastest pad driver should NEVER be able to compete against the fastest wheel driver. Period.

Cars are driven with a wheel, not some sticks and buttons irl, hence why the game should at least respect this truth and try to emulate real life more accurately.

Imo, the pad should be around 5 tenths slower per lap compared to the wheel, else there is no reason to use the wheel in the first place.

• Agree 4

The situation is all the more serious if one considers that Codemasters is working with an important Company wheel like Fanatec

• Agree 2

Alot if reviews for wheels when I was searching were saying wheels would be faster but they will always be aliens out there that are slower.

Another thing with the pad is when I get a new F1 game with a pad you pretty much pick it back up again within an hour and difficulty wise no change. Wheel much bigger learning curve and I always though the wheelers were whiners.

Now Id hate as a non assist cockpit only wheel guy that a pad player was kicking my ass due to tcam pad and assists 😂

I have occasionally used auto gears even though I am slower just because I can concentrate a little more but I would this fair since Im losing 4 tenths a lap.

Edited by AdamFreeman
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Icefalcon said:

The situation is all the more serious if one considers that Codemasters is working with an important Company wheel like Fanatec

I'm perfectly agree with you.

it’s an inadmissible situation.

It doesn’t seem that Leclerc or Ham drives with a pad.

So, what are you doing Codemasters?!

• Agree 1

From 2017 to 2018 my felling with the game it was the same,so i upgrade with wheel;my time decrease very fast and was happy.

Now ,with 2019 ,my time is the same of the last year and people with pad,people that drive 0.600 slow than me in 2018,is faster then me 0.400 since...

Just no words

pad riders sometimes do not train a round in our league and
and drive ahead with ease
You have to make an effort as a wheel driver

assists then give you the rest, as a non assist driver

Did you just switch to a wheel from the D-Pad? if you did, then it takes time to transfer speed from d-pad to wheel. Again, this is all mind-muscle stuff that you need to give patience to for speed to build. I've always heard that the wheel is faster. Anyways, I'm a controller player. 

• Disagree 1

13 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

Did you just switch to a wheel from the D-Pad? if you did, then it takes time to transfer speed from d-pad to wheel. 

No, i switched to a wheel 3 years ago (always top 200 in time trial on every circuits), but this is the first year if i switch to pad, improve my performance up to 1 sec.

Very sad...

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, AdamFreeman said:

Alot if reviews for wheels when I was searching were saying wheels would be faster but they will always be aliens out there that are slower.

Another thing with the pad is when I get a new F1 game with a pad you pretty much pick it back up again within an hour and difficulty wise no change. Wheel much bigger learning curve and I always though the wheelers were whiners.

Now Id hate as a non assist cockpit only wheel guy that a pad player was kicking my ass due to tcam pad and assists 😂

I have occasionally used auto gears even though I am slower just because I can concentrate a little more but I would this fair since Im losing 4 tenths a lap.

Bingo.  Add the pad and TCam and no other assist, that's an insane advantage. Over a 5 laps race, it is big. Over longer races, it grows exponentially.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

22 hours ago, Xivor70 said:

I'm perfectly agree with you.

it’s an inadmissible situation.

It doesn’t seem that Leclerc or Ham drives with a pad.

So, what are you doing Codemasters?!

lol And last time I checked, they don't drive from the top of the car so they can "see better."

620x349.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

Did you just switch to a wheel from the D-Pad? if you did, then it takes time to transfer speed from d-pad to wheel. Again, this is all mind-muscle stuff that you need to give patience to for speed to build. I've always heard that the wheel is faster. Anyways, I'm a controller player. 

Pads have built-in traction assist.  People in many leagues switched back to pad just to keep up.  

I use a wheel and cockpit because I enjoy sim racing. If I cared more about winning at any cost, absolutely I would be on a pad and using TCam.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

One should inform the wheel manufacturers like Fanatec, Thrustmaster and Logitech about it.

They will not be happy .....

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 11/15/2019 at 1:35 PM, senna94f1 said:

How would a cronus max help you in F1 lmao?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, c3ix said:

How would a cronus max help you in F1 lmao?

I started thinking about this and realized it's possible to get more "realisim" in some areas this way. For example, one could make track-specific macros that manage ERS while allowing manual override at will.

• Agree 1

Yeah , Winners use T-Cam , Med. Traction and Driving Line with ABS....

Then bombs us Wheel Cockpit drivers by 2 seconds a lap , and feel great about themselves.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Hahahahaha!!! This ☝️☝️☝️

I love setting up a lobby with all assists banned, and having 20 guys to race with drop to two. Not so fast then are they!! 😂😂😂

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2