Jump to content Jump to content

PAD is too faster than Wheel ! WHY ?


Recommended Posts

On 11/18/2019 at 5:46 PM, massa88 said:

maybe pad with no assist
definitely not with assist
otherwise i would win almost every race
but i don't

I race with a wheel & not assist.

I race with people that's use a pad & assist and there are quicker. Not saying I am fast but as soon as the person removes assist or lowers the assist settings I get much closer to them in a race.

So I would say pad user get lots off help in-game.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
1 hour ago, Hygradeb said:

I race with a wheel & not assist.

I race with people that's use a pad & assist and there are quicker. Not saying I am fast but as soon as the person removes assist or lowers the assist settings I get much closer to them in a race.

So I would say pad user get lots off help in-game.

And how about wheel users using assists. I never see any complaints about that? So, is a pad user faster than a wheel user, both using the same assists? Still very hard to compare because there are so many other aspects to take into consideration when comparing this.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i will not argue
because in game i see different picture than is described here on this forum
wheel players are faster than controller
or keyboard players

at least against who i played

for me ony question is,is there difrence betven contrrolers
i use logitech f310.
if it is a big difrence then is difrent story

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
31 minutes ago, massa88 said:

i will not argue
because in game i see different picture than is described here on this forum
wheel players are faster than controller
or keyboard players

at least against who i played

for me ony question is,is there difrence betven contrrolers
i use logitech f310.
if it is a big difrence then is difrent story

I guess users with expensive wheels with lots of possibilities to change things while driving have a certain benefit. Being able to change the brake setings, differential, fuel mapping, ERS etc. You need plenty of buttons or button boxes to do that, so those who have and know how to use it and when, can have an advantage. 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 11:26 AM, 1512marcel said:

And how about wheel users using assists. I never see any complaints about that? So, is a pad user faster than a wheel user, both using the same assists? Still very hard to compare because there are so many other aspects to take into consideration when comparing this.

I hear you in that..

I did remember reading that because wheel user like me use the pad for mic & headphones, it affects us. 

I know I have the option to buy a usb headset or Bluetooth headset. But that a waste off money.

. infact I just thought off an idea I hope would work.

Maybe I can deselect all the pad function & just keep it as mic and headphone pad?

Edited by Hygradeb
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 12:44 AM, 1512marcel said:

I use a headset only when I need to be quiet and still be able to do my thing. Keep the misses happy 😁

I must assume you don't use a G29 then :classic_biggrin: That thing goes off like a diamond drill when hitting a kerb, a bump, let alone gravel..

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Hi @advanceapple (and everyone),

I have some questions about your video.

1./ Are the cars performance equal? You've used 2 different cars here in what I'm presuming is time trail. If they are of F1 2019 performance from the game, having the same car guarantees an equal reflection.

2./ From what I can see on the timing screens from your video, correct me if I'm wrong, but the times a quite similar. If you have the times as proof with equal machinery, we can then see the delta. 

3./ Which one do you play on more? I use both my TMX wheel and a pad (depending on if I can be bothered to get the wheel out its box!) at home, and I personally am better on the pad because I use the wheel slightly less. I'll assemble the wheel and its stand when I want to settle into a longer session, and immerse myself more in the game and the experience of driving a F1 car. I know there are very able players who use the wheel 90% of the time who couldn't get within 5 seconds of their wheel time on a pad, and vica versa.

I'll do a test for you this afternoon and report back with my times.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @advanceapple (and everyone),

I have some questions about your video.

1./ Are the cars performance equal? You've used 2 different cars here in what I'm presuming is time trail. If they are of F1 2019 performance from the game, having the same car guarantees an equal reflection.

2./ From what I can see on the timing screens from your video, correct me if I'm wrong, but the times a quite similar. If you have the times as proof with equal machinery, we can then see the delta. 

3./ Which one do you play on more? I use both my TMX wheel and a pad (depending on if I can be bothered to get the wheel out its box!) at home, and I personally am better on the pad because I use the wheel slightly less. I'll assemble the wheel and its stand when I want to settle into a longer session, and immerse myself more in the game and the experience of driving a F1 car. I know there are very able players who use the wheel 90% of the time who couldn't get within 5 seconds of their wheel time on a pad, and vica versa.

I'll do a test for you this afternoon and report back with my times.

Cool..this is what lots of people here want to see... Codies staff playing the game themselves! Good luck! It's going to take a lot of practice to feel comfortable with both the wheel and the pad so you can give this issue a fair testing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Thanks @sloppysmusic,

Luckily, I've played the series a fair bit since 2009 so should get up to speed (pardon the terrible pun).

Pad times were (Ferrari, No Setup, Baku):

Assists on (except Braking Assist): 1:41:248. Clean lap, first attempt. I honestly think I could be at this pace or better every lap without overly trying.

TCS Medium, Manual Gears, ABS On: 1:40:496. 7th attempt, rest were far too inconsistent . I got in and around this time (within 0.2) about 25-30% of the time. Fully tried for this too, so be nice 😛 

I'll keep trying to see if I can do a representative time without TCS and ABS totally. It might be difficult as I think those times are at a decent pace, so even if I do, it might not be totally representative. I'll be on a wheel this week for another update.

What I knew, and had confirmed to me here, is that you are quicker with certain assists reduced or off, but with the risk of being much more inconsistent (at least in my example).

 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks @sloppysmusic,

Luckily, I've played the series a fair bit since 2009 so should get up to speed (pardon the terrible pun).

Pad times were (Ferrari, No Setup, Baku):

Assists on (except Braking Assist): 1:41:248. Clean lap, first attempt. I honestly think I could be at this pace or better every lap without overly trying. 

TCS Medium, Manual Gears, ABS On: 1:40:496. 7th attempt, rest were far too inconsistent . I got in and around this time (within 0.2) about 25-30% of the time. Fully tried for this too, so be nice 😛 

I'll keep trying to see if I can do a representative time without TCS and ABS totally. It might be difficult as I think those times are at a decent pace, so even if I do, it might not be totally representative. I'll be on a wheel this week for another update. 

What I knew, and had confirmed to me here, is that you are quicker with certain assists reduced or off, but with the risk of being much more inconsistent (at least in my example).

 

But this is where the problem starts.

If ABS recovers more ERS over a lap (Grand Britain) - had tried it... Difference after one lap is 8% and with mediums after 6 Laps my ERS (No ABS or TC) was almost empty and Buddy (ABS on, no TC) still at almost 45%. This is a problem.

But totally agree with you that almost all assists on is slower than only some or all assists off.

Oh...i see missing the threadpoint here... sorry.

Edited by Far1an
Link to post
Share on other sites

the problem is that big advantage of traction out of cornes with pad. You can easily stump on full throttle without losing the back of the car.

also it feels like you have less understeer with pad. But still, biggest issue is the traction advantage. (without tc)

Edited by KiLLu12258
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @advanceapple (and everyone),

I have some questions about your video.

1./ Are the cars performance equal? You've used 2 different cars here in what I'm presuming is time trail. If they are of F1 2019 performance from the game, having the same car guarantees an equal reflection.

2./ From what I can see on the timing screens from your video, correct me if I'm wrong, but the times a quite similar. If you have the times as proof with equal machinery, we can then see the delta. 

3./ Which one do you play on more? I use both my TMX wheel and a pad (depending on if I can be bothered to get the wheel out its box!) at home, and I personally am better on the pad because I use the wheel slightly less. I'll assemble the wheel and its stand when I want to settle into a longer session, and immerse myself more in the game and the experience of driving a F1 car. I know there are very able players who use the wheel 90% of the time who couldn't get within 5 seconds of their wheel time on a pad, and vica versa.

I'll do a test for you this afternoon and report back with my times.

dear man,
I respect what you do for the community. but you can't tell me you play with the aids and with the pad and when you have the chance use the steering wheel .. it's something that sends me to the asylum.
as he says @KiLLu12258 " the problem is that big advantage of traction out of cornes with pad. You can easily stump on full throttle without losing the back of the car. also it feels like you have less understeer with pad. But still, biggest issue is the traction advantage. (without tc) " 
7 mounth I say to check the codes they used for the pad and to compare it with those of the steering wheel but nobody did and said nothing. and:

1) equal performance in a online race training with 2 different player in the same lap and not far away.
2) in the online performance should be the same or similar with or without understeer and the loss of rear. consequently the machines are the same but are different liveries so the delta is what you see.
3) i've a g29. you already feel the difference when you have more steering with the steering wheel, while with the pad the degrees are stable, allowing you to make the most direct curves without triggering the loss of the front. 
to conclude remove this useless understeer because yes that the real F1 has it but it is not so or go back to the programming of 18 by wire and by sign. 
@BarryBL

Edited by advanceapple
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Hi @advanceapple,

When I'm playing the game for fun, I just change the settings to accommodate for my mood (I think a fair few players will do this as well). If I just fancy a play on career/multiplayer for an hour or so at home in between other things, I'll use the pad. If I fancy two or three weekends and to give it my full attention, I'll use the wheel. Personal preference.

If you can send over the exact times you recorded on the video, that would be great. This would give me an exact delta for your situation. Like I mentioned earlier, me recording a time with TCS on off rather than medium might not be truly indicative without A LOT of practice to get to a similar comfort zone and pace.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @advanceapple,

When I'm playing the game for fun, I just change the settings to accommodate for my mood (I think a fair few players will do this as well). If I just fancy a play on career/multiplayer for an hour or so at home in between other things, I'll use the pad. If I fancy two or three weekends and to give it my full attention, I'll use the wheel. Personal preference.

If you can send over the exact times you recorded on the video, that would be great. This would give me an exact delta for your situation. Like I mentioned earlier, me recording a time with TCS on off rather than medium might not be truly indicative without A LOT of practice to get to a similar comfort zone and pace.

you're just diverting the problem, 
I'm not surprised it's a **** game. regardless the game should be developed without aid to the driving pad or steering wheel it is. 
you who are of the staff and you tell me that you use aid when a good percentage does not use them well it is all a program for F1 2020 too. 
if you want a piece of advice now that the holidays are coming, turn as much as you can with the steering wheel and then with the pad, just so you can understand the difference between the two devices. 
after I tell you the race pace between pad and steering wheel is very irrelevant. but if you really care, in private, I'll send you a series of links from my league.
for 2020, change the mentality and development of the game because you won't even get to 2021.


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...