Jump to content
Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

No connection to network services F1 2019

Recommended Posts

I am in the same position as SleekRL, downloaded via Xbox Game Pass for PC and the game doesn't get past the first "Communicating with Online Services..." screen after clicking any button on the title screen, sits there indefinitely, so I Alt+F4 the game. First open of the game I was able to go through the character setup process, but once that saved it went to connect to the online services and became stuck. Have tried many other times to get online but it's not working. Last attempt was 2020-07-31 9:54 AM UTC.

I tried to find the ports to open NAT for the servers but can't find any info on which ports to use.

Windows: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041)
Game version: 1.22 (but Microsoft Store shows 1.66.9979.0)
Estimate of time reported for the problem: 2020-07-31 9:54 AM UTC
Is the problem always there or is it intermittent: Always
Any troubleshooting methods attempted: Restart game, restart PC, modem/router

Title screen with version;
image.png.3e7cdfbacee05294fd50747ed26da30a.png

Game version as shown in Microsoft Store;
image.png.21871e4e7fe639f0b20718a9b08ef1e0.png

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, saggyboobsock said:

I am in the same position as SleekRL, downloaded via Xbox Game Pass for PC and the game doesn't get past the first "Communicating with Online Services..." screen after clicking any button on the title screen, sits there indefinitely, so I Alt+F4 the game. First open of the game I was able to go through the character setup process, but once that saved it went to connect to the online services and became stuck. Have tried many other times to get online but it's not working. Last attempt was 2020-07-31 9:54 AM UTC.

I tried to find the ports to open NAT for the servers but can't find any info on which ports to use.

Windows: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041)
Game version: 1.22 (but Microsoft Store shows 1.66.9979.0)
Estimate of time reported for the problem: 2020-07-31 9:54 AM UTC
Is the problem always there or is it intermittent: Always
Any troubleshooting methods attempted: Restart game, restart PC, modem/router

Title screen with version;
image.png.3e7cdfbacee05294fd50747ed26da30a.png

Game version as shown in Microsoft Store;
image.png.21871e4e7fe639f0b20718a9b08ef1e0.png

 

 

exactly the same problem as me. I’ve chatted with xbox and that didn’t work either...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd recommend the Ethernet route if possible. I had to pick up a extra BT Mini Connector and hard wire in to improve my gameplay on my work PC and my home Xbox. Opening NAT types as @1512marcel suggested is useful too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

I'd recommend the Ethernet route if possible. I had to pick up a extra BT Mini Connector and hard wire in to improve my gameplay on my work PC and my home Xbox. Opening NAT types as @1512marcel suggested is useful too.

sadly I have no chance of getting an ethernet cable. My internet to my pc however is very strong even without one. Is there anything else you could suggest because i’m desperate to start playing! Also how do I open NAT types? Thank you.

Edited by SleekRL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By 'Very Strong' do you have statistics to show. We ran a test with a user in March and the difference from Ethernet and performing Internet was huge. Almost became a different game for them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BarryBL said:

By 'Very Strong' do you have statistics to show. We ran a test with a user in March and the difference from Ethernet and performing Internet was huge. Almost became a different game for them.

 

I get about 120mb/s download speed. But there is no way for me to wire a ethernet cable. How do I change NAT types?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, SleekRL said:

I get about 120mb/s download speed. But there is no way for me to wire a ethernet cable. How do I change NAT types?

Every other game works on my pc and yet F1 2019 is still not working. Lost all hope now. No idea what it is and so disappointed I can’t play.

Edited by SleekRL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

By 'Very Strong' do you have statistics to show. We ran a test with a user in March and the difference from Ethernet and performing Internet was huge. Almost became a different game for them.

 

I am connected via ethernet, stable download speed of 100Mb/s. I do not have any issue with network connectivity or speed, that is not the problem. I have F1 2019 on my PS4 and it works fine (game bought via PS Store). It's just the PC through Xbox Game Pass/Microsoft Store that has the issue with F1 2019.

I already know how to open ports for NAT - I've configured Modern Warfare on my PS4 and PC (BattleNet) and they're Open NAT type. The video you mentioned doesn't give the port numbers so I can't forward them to apply Open NAT, do you know these numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, saggyboobsock said:

I am connected via ethernet, stable download speed of 100Mb/s. I do not have any issue with network connectivity or speed, that is not the problem. I have F1 2019 on my PS4 and it works fine (game bought via PS Store). It's just the PC through Xbox Game Pass/Microsoft Store that has the issue with F1 2019.

I already know how to open ports for NAT - I've configured Modern Warfare on my PS4 and PC (BattleNet) and they're Open NAT type. The video you mentioned doesn't give the port numbers so I can't forward them to apply Open NAT, do you know these numbers?

still got this issue. Anybody got any answers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, saggyboobsock said:

I am in the same position as SleekRL, downloaded via Xbox Game Pass for PC and the game doesn't get past the first "Communicating with Online Services..." screen after clicking any button on the title screen, sits there indefinitely, so I Alt+F4 the game. First open of the game I was able to go through the character setup process, but once that saved it went to connect to the online services and became stuck. Have tried many other times to get online but it's not working. Last attempt was 2020-07-31 9:54 AM UTC.

I tried to find the ports to open NAT for the servers but can't find any info on which ports to use.

Windows: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041)
Game version: 1.22 (but Microsoft Store shows 1.66.9979.0)
Estimate of time reported for the problem: 2020-07-31 9:54 AM UTC
Is the problem always there or is it intermittent: Always
Any troubleshooting methods attempted: Restart game, restart PC, modem/router

 

Exactly the same for me as well. Downloaded via Xbox Game Pass yesterday and wont get past this screen (I've left it trying for the entire time of writing this post and no change):

image.png.6707c26e03efe7806dbc7eae623be8d5.png

If I unplug my PC from the network it goes into the game but no online play obviously. If I plug back in and retry, it just tries to communicate forever again.

Here are my XBox networking settings - my router was initially blocking Teredo and NAT was Moderate, but I've fixed that and still get the issue:

image.png.c3613fe5671a6d197367a48bd50caf4b.png

Other multiplayer games, voice chat through XBox app work fine.

Windows: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041)
Game version: 1.22
Estimate of time reported for the problem: 2020-07-31 10PM BST
Is the problem always there or is it intermittent: Always
Any troubleshooting methods attempted: Restart game, reinstalled game entirely, multiple PC restarts, modem/router restarts. Waiting and trying again in morning.

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just went through a reset of microsoft store and an uninstall/reinstall of the game. No change, still stuck at the same screen. Any suggestions?

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Chilly said:

Just went through a reset of microsoft store and an uninstall/reinstall of the game. No change, still stuck at the same screen. Any suggestions?

 

I'm still struggling. I really hope it can be fixed as I think it's something to do with Microsoft after the release on the game pass. So infuriating though as really want to play! 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Issue is still ongoing for me. Will not progress past 'Communicating with online services' screen until I unplug the internet, which I shouldn't have to do but I want to play online as well. 

I've just tried putting my PC onto another network - exact same issue. So its probably not my network setup.

Would it be to do with being new to xbox game pass?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Chilly said:

Issue is still ongoing for me. Will not progress past 'Communicating with online services' screen until I unplug the internet, which I shouldn't have to do but I want to play online as well. 

I've just tried putting my PC onto another network - exact same issue. So its probably not my network setup.

Would it be to do with being new to xbox game pass?

can someone please have a look at the issue. Nothing I try is working at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

Having the exact same issue. Installed the game last week friday through Xbox Game Pass for PC. I was hoping it was going to be a temporarily thing, but 5 days later and still stuck at "Communicating with online services".

My specs:

  • Win10 - Build 1903
  • 1070 Geforce / 8600K intel
  • Connected directly with UTP cable to ISP modem
  • I've tried reinstall, reboot, etc etc
  • Disabled Windows Firewall, but no difference

Is there any other information that you need to help us find the issue here?

Edited by Odd1ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Odd1ty said:

Is there any other information that you need to help us find the issue here?

Please let us know. I've added extra exceptions to windows Firewall, disabled it, disabled router firewall. Still the same issue!

Anyone able to help? I've noticed people have had this issue and experienced it with F1 2020 previously.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 6:50 PM, Chilly said:

Please let us know. I've added extra exceptions to windows Firewall, disabled it, disabled router firewall. Still the same issue!

Anyone able to help? I've noticed people have had this issue and experienced it with F1 2020 previously.

yep still got this issue. Getting really frustrated now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×