DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Unreasonable Brazil Qualie target?

I have much enjoyed the race weekend events and generally been able to qualify for the race (Except for Monaco 🤮 ) despite being a new boy on a mobile. 

However, when trying for Interlagos I was set a Q3 target of 1:09 for a grid slot if 20th when my PB time was 1:09:40. 

Sadly I could not make it and consequently cannot race.  Sad and disapointing this because if I had been in the actual race I would have started from 10th. 

Is this the new CM way of getting players to use up Credits? or have the thousands of other racers all cracked 1:09 with ease?

PS. How can "Fucodemasters" legitimately lap Interlagos a full 20 seconds faster than Max Verstappen on pole? 

Screenshot_20191117-100245_F1 Mobile.jpg

Edited by ASFiguana
additional info

Ignore the #1 time, likely result of a zero sector bug.

Over 5000 players cracked 1:09.  

What's your setup and settings?  Max aero, aids off except low steering and Max stability.

36 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

Ignore the #1 time, likely result of a zero sector bug.

Over 5000 players cracked 1:09.  

What's your setup and settings?  Max aero, aids off except low steering and Max stability.

I will have a go at what you say. With aids off though I will go much faster ....... into the barrier. 

Congrat's!

Braking assist seems to have the most impact On slowing lap times.

I admire people who race on a phone, I can't keep out of the walls without a lot more assist on smaller devices.

54 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

Congrat's!

Braking assist seems to have the most impact On slowing lap times.

I admire people who race on a phone, I can't keep out of the walls without a lot more assist on smaller devices.

It really is much harder on a mobile.  I used to race Grand Prix Legends with pedals and steering a 100 years ago.  That was good fun drifting the 1965 season cars but the phone is not at all easy.  In races and often qualies the picture starts to get very jerky.  I have to interpolate between frames! 

After getting down to 1:07.9 I had another go at Qualies 3.  I was ahead of the ghost until I ran a meter wide at Junção and the ghost passed me going up the hill like I was tied to the fence.  That's it now.  I will watch the actual race and dream of better things.   Thanks for your help. 

LOL, I started with Pole Position the Atari, which I think was developed by some of the People still pr previously at Codemasters.

have fun!

Is it really “easier” using a tablet like ipad?

can’t imagine racing multiple races with the weight of the device. 
did a 1:04 to be 1st on grid but actual race gets screwed by the sudden no brakes in some corners. The “no brake” feature has been around for a few events and nothing done. Costing me credits

I find it much easier to play on my iPad and I don’t notice the weight. The bigger screen real estate helps me be more precise with my driving.

3 hours ago, Fierce said:

I find it much easier to play on my iPad and I don’t notice the weight. The bigger screen real estate helps me be more precise with my driving.

Do you find the screen gets jerky on your iPad when there are a lot of cars around?

3 hours ago, elimmel said:

Is it really “easier” using a tablet like ipad?

can’t imagine racing multiple races with the weight of the device. 
did a 1:04 to be 1st on grid but actual race gets screwed by the sudden no brakes in some corners. The “no brake” feature has been around for a few events and nothing done. Costing me credits

I wonder if your "no brake" feature is like the wandering brake pedal I get at chicanes where I go to turn and the car just stops straight?   In your case the pedal moves away from where you expect it to be. 

Perhaps code masters will consider letting players being able to lock the brake pedal in one position on the screen?

In answer to my original question.  The Interlagos qualie times are not unreasonable,  its just I am a **** driver. 😔

1 hour ago, ASFiguana said:

I wonder if your "no brake" feature is like the wandering brake pedal I get at chicanes where I go to turn and the car just stops straight?   In your case the pedal moves away from where you expect it to be. 

Perhaps code masters will consider letting players being able to lock the brake pedal in one position on the screen?

Not that bug. The brake should engage as soon as I tab anywhere on the phone screen. I can see myself tabbing on a brake pedal but the car doesn’t slow down. 

18 hours ago, ASFiguana said:

Do you find the screen gets jerky on your iPad when there are a lot of cars around?

No, but sometimes the screen freezes for 1-5 seconds.