Jump to content Jump to content

Holy smokes even rally lovers need to see Ford V Ferarri (aka Le Mans '66)

Jake Cushing

Ok it's in the wrong subforum I know, but it's more of a word-of-mouth thing here and I don't go on the other sub-forums anyhow.

Rally-heads will love this picture as well as any other car enthusiasts or just any red blooded male. 5/5 acting, cinematography, humour, drama. Smart and a total love letter to the best racing industry people. Honestly do not miss it, unbelievable racing footage too.

*It's called 'Le Mans 66' in some territories

• Social Media & Community Team

I'll leave this thread here for a short while before moving it to the right place 😉 

The GRID socials have been going on about the movie this past week, as cars are in the game 🙂

IN_ST_Shot_15.jpg

7 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

*It's called 'Le Mans 66' in some territories

Its called Le Mans '66 in all the territories that actually know what Le Mans is! 😄

3 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Sorry, not 'footage' but recreated racing scenes. It's a dramatisation of real events. But it's hair-on-balls-tingling good feature film racing nonetheless. 

Saw it last night and the race scenes are very well done. The film is very much like "Rush": some liberties taken with the truth, but for the most part fairly accurate. 

Incidentally, if you haven't already read it, pick up the book "Go like Hell": its what the screenplay was based on. 

19 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

QThe GRID socials have been going on about the movie this past week, as cars are in the game 

🙂

IN_ST_Shot_15.jpg

I didn't know that and, now that I do, GRiD just moved up my "games to buy" list! 

(I assume the Circuit de la Sarthe is in game?) 

• Social Media & Community Team
14 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

(I assume the Circuit de la Sarthe is in game?) 

It is not.

Licensed tracks include:

• Silverstone (+2009 layout)
  • Brands Hatch
  • Zhejiang, China
  • Sepang, Malaysia
  • Indianapolis
  • Sydney Motorsport Park
  • 3 months later...

Archived