Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

An overview of issues with F1 2019

I'd say this should've been in the General Discussion section, as it is not a thread that is reporting a single bug, and also gives some suggestions for the future 🙂 

@RedDevilKT and @Hoo, maybe it'd be useful to put this to the General side?

For reporting bugs, see the README thread

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

I'd say this should've been in the General Discussion section, as it is not a thread that is reporting a single bug, and also gives some suggestions for the future 🙂 

@RedDevilKT and @Hoo, maybe it'd be useful to put this to the General side?

For reporting bugs, see the README thread

Yeah I wasn't really sure where to put it. Either here or general discussion. Since it's mainly a report on bugs I figured it'd be best in technical assistance. And since there are so many, It's not really a viable option to make a thread for every single bug, because that would just take another 5 hours of extra work. 

It's fine if the mods move it, as long as it gets attention from the developers. There's a bunch of problems with the game, and it's causing players to quit the game and most of all, it pushes them away from the company and F1 franchise. 

• Agree 1

First of all, a massive thank you for making this post with this list of issues with the game.

I want to highlight another issue with the game, it's not a bug/glitch but it is most certainly quite a big issue in the game. In the F1 game drivers are only able to have a maximum of 1 set of the medium compound in a short qualifying session (which is used in the far majority of the F1 racing leagues). This is completely unrealistic, because in real F1 the drivers usually have 2 sets of medium tyres to use in Q2, where the starting tyres for the top 10 in the race are determined.

In the F1 game this leads to drivers ultimately doing a 'one-shot qualy' on that 1 set of medium tyres, completely counteracting the purpose of the 18 minutes long 'short qualifying' session. It should be very easy for Codemasters to implement the option to allow drivers to select any custom amount of tyres from any of the 3 compounds, with the limit of a maximum of 4 sets of tyres for the qualifying session, just like with the 3 presets of tyre selections that a short qualifying session now has. 

• Agree 2

Nice post.

Except for the issue in britain i have to say that the tracklimits are GREAT in this game! The best we had so far. In 2018 you never know how much you can cut a corner before you get a penalty and now it is extrem intuitive. 

Leagues

They are useless because of the missing slots for more than 20 drivers.

Ranked

I still hope that you can play ranked with your friends again in 2020... like in every other multiplayer game. It would be great to be able to invite friends that are on your safety rank to lobbies.

This extensive list needs to get stickied I think 🙂
This has to be a goldmine for the developers. 
With this they could show that they care and maybe stop this game from dying as it is now. 

• Agree 1

Or maybe one of the mods can copy paste this in the "PC Known Issues" topic here: 

Maybe @BarryBL ?

Cause that list is rather incomplete as you can see. All issues in this post above should be known issues by now. (Although i get not all of them are bugs, most of them are) 
(Those issues mentioned in faya's topic that have been known about since about launch are still very much there btw) 

10 hours ago, Bicarda said:

Or maybe one of the mods can copy paste this in the "PC Known Issues" topic here: 

Maybe @BarryBL ?

Cause that list is rather incomplete as you can see. All issues in this post above should be known issues by now. (Although i get not all of them are bugs, most of them are) 
(Those issues mentioned in faya's topic that have been known about since about launch are still very much there btw)  

@Bicarda, thanks for the feedback and thanks everyone for the ideas.

This is something I'm looking to incorporate and update when possible. However, I want to make sure the list is correct and we have answers for the points wherever possible (if we have a load of points, I want to have as many answers for everyone as possible), which is taking a little time. Don't worry, its on the list 🙂

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@Bicarda, thanks for the feedback and thanks everyone for the ideas.

This is something I'm looking to incorporate and update when possible. However, I want to make sure the list is correct and we have answers for the points wherever possible (if we have a load of points, I want to have as many answers for everyone as possible), which is taking a little time. Don't worry, its on the list 🙂

It's "on the list" for YEARS! So.... what else is new!? It's not like we haven't heard the "itsonthelist" blabla before. 

when we see action and see something is actually beeing DONE with these points, then it's starting to become credible.

for now it's just another another empty promise. 

We stopped worrying a long time ago, and it switched to stopped believing everything coming from CM.

When you simply get to the point that you don't believe anything anymore, you automatically stop worrying.

Edited by AlexTT
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Can someone explain to me why this game was a masterpiece on dayone early 3 day access with Senna vs prost edition on the ps4 ,

using a t300 ,

every worked brilliantly,. Only thing that needed tweaking was ffb in the rain as wheel ffb was too light,

the tracks looked beautiful, the sounds glorious and ffb was bliss,

even pad vs wheel was equal,

and now after 15 bad patches we end up with a game that's worse then f12018 ,

all the above I repeatly reported along with others on patches 1.06 onwards,

the actual f12019 cars in unranked multiplayer are so bad with ffb using a wheel that very few now use for league racing,

most leagues I know use the multiplayer cars or classic cars,

why then is this game called f12019 ,

stop bringing out very childish paid stuff, most of that's is for kids and not for the serious f1 racer ,

you had this game all worked out ,

so far every f1 game from f12015 to f12019 you've done exactly the same,.

You Make a very good game BAD with bad  patches,

so why can't the ffb for classic and multiplayer cars for wheel users feel the same for the f12019 cars.

we know you people at codemasters can turn the game , fingers crossed.

Edited by senna94f1
I can't smell, I mean spell.
  • Agree 1

@BarryBL Any info on this? 

I hope this is not one of those.. let's postpone till the f1 2020 hype starts situations. 

Are there people working on fixing any, if not all of these issues? 

Are the devs unwilling to put in any effort and working against you on this? 

We need an update. An honest update. 
Show us that you're here to help us turn this sh*tshow around.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Hi everyone,

Myself and @JustChillin97 have spoken about his survey (the idea I've copied) and I've used my survey to gain further feedback on the forums, and what I can do to help. My survey closes tonight, and I've started to go through the responses to this. 

There is a vast amount of things I'm looking to cover in a forum update shortly, covering a wide range of topics. As certain features are so discussed (and there is a few heavily discussed ones on these forums), getting the best answers I can that benefits everyone is taking a little time.

In terms of directly answering your questions, we are still supporting F1 2019 and we will be moving forward. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/2/2019 at 2:06 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Myself and @JustChillin97 have spoken about his survey (the idea I've copied) and I've used my survey to gain further feedback on the forums, and what I can do to help. My survey closes tonight, and I've started to go through the responses to this. 

There is a vast amount of things I'm looking to cover in a forum update shortly, covering a wide range of topics. As certain features are so discussed (and there is a few heavily discussed ones on these forums), getting the best answers I can that benefits everyone is taking a little time.

In terms of directly answering your questions, we are still supporting F1 2019 and we will be moving forward. 

I hope you survey is not as **** as the last 1 a few weeks ago.

That survey was full off useless questions, I was hoping for real questions.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Any news on this? it's been a week again. 
Apart from a matchmaking survey, literally no new on which of these issues is being worked on. 
I'm quite sure a lack of communication from codemasters has come forward a lot in your survey 

So now's your time to shine: What's happening at this time to pull f1 2019 out of the gutter?  (in terms of fixing the game.. not on the forums) 
Or can we expect it to stay there? 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

The way I see it guys and quite a few others also,

And  that's on here and people I meet in leagues from around the world,

the problem is the core of the f12019!game has been changed to appeal to pad users under the age of 18 ,

why do u ask,

its done to generate more cash,

they had an almost perfect game when 1st released and each update made the game worse for wheel users,

the game is so erratic,you don't know wether it will blue screen or sound disappearance,

car set ups did work properly on dayone release, they don't now as you see people with no downforce at front wing and max on rear wing,

i knew once I'd seen that ,the game was finished,

i bought the Senna vs Prost digital edition 3 days early access,and I posted this game was a masterpiece at the time on this forum,

only thing that needed tweaking was ffb in the rain as it was a tad light, pad vs wheel was equal,

4 to 5 months later the game is that bad with bugs it's crazy,. 

It highly favours pads over wheel,

not one patch has put right anything, in actual fact you changed the core game on purpose to sell more games,

and that's the key to all of this, codemasters are not going to change f12019 because they are not interested in us once we paid for game,

.theres absolutely no goodwill spirit anymore,

so I would say if your a hardcore sim racer then don't buy ,unless it's £10 ,but if your under 18 and on a pad then this game has been perfectly designed for you over the last few months.

you can agree or disagree but proof is in the pudding and nothing has changed ,just got worse,

happy Christmas everyone,  Scrooge comes to mind 😅🙏🏁🏎🚥😇

Edited by senna94f1
Posts are not negative or positive and are of my opinions 🙏😇

And now it's christmas and we're still waiting. 

I appreciate all the effort that @BarryBL is going through.. it has to be a massive encyclopedia by now. Even if he just wrote 20 words a day it's already a bigger post than ANY we've ever seen from codemasers (and this is not a joke i checked this). And i'm quite sure he is a capable guy and is doing what he can which is surely way more than 20 words a day. 

I do ask however: if this is such a huge task why is he doing this on his own? No amount of written text about a game should take more than a month to write.
I know this means we will get a 20k + words essay. and i am really looking forward to it. and this community needs it. This game needs it. 
It just feels like they've put too much weight on one persons shoulders if it takes 6 weeks to write an update on bug reports. 

It also has one very bad side effect: Even though we finally have someone writing things, it is taking so long that for the public, it looks like STILL nothing is being done!
This is very sad and surely not doing justice to the multiple hours each day BarryBL is spending on writing this essay. So Codemasters please don't put too much workload on your staff! spread it out please! if someone is taking 6 weeks to write a reply to bug reports (starting 5 months after launch) Then it should have been written by more people.

Is there any chance we will be seeing it this year still? 
Or does it really take till next year to make a reply to a november 17 list of CONFIRMED BUGS?

Don't get me wrong i do appreciate taking the time to get it right. But it appears this just wasn't a one man job and that should have been noticed way earlier... 
If kids give this performance for school projects they get rightfully reprimanded. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

I do understand what you are saying here, and I will be the last to ignore this fact. But I do believe Barry is doing the best he can and acknowlegded the fact that this is a hard job to do alone. Just by appointing two moderators to keep his life easier is a step in the right direction (not saying that the two of us do everything or more than expected) but it has been a step. Also accept the fact that changing things takes time, and yes some issues have been reported long time ago and still remain unsolved. But lots of things have been solved. And it's not Barry's role to solve issues like this isn't our role. It's the communcation that needs to improve and I believe that is going in the right direction too. Time will tell. In the meanwhile I will do as much as I can to improve things and vent suggestions in the time I can spent here.

Hi bicarda,

tbh and let's get away from i am being negative or positive,  I didn't expect anything different,

latest from codemasters is there trying to change the way they can highlight post bugs ,

but that's for wait ( F12020 )

they should give whoever requests  a refund  ,

the amount of time people have come on here and posted about bugs has covered 80% of f1 forum total posts,

sorry barry nothing has been fixed for f12019 , you've actually made the game worse especially for wheel users,

weve since found out that each new patch was designed to allow for a very simple arcade game for kids as young as 3 years old to play on,

and that was definitely done to attract a different audience to try to sell the game,

like trying to flog a dead horse,

i think codemasters should look after there customers who will recommend the game to everyone else,

i personally got around 300 people to invest or buy f12019 for league racing based on how good the game was on day one release,

people 300 X £50 = £15,000

you had a superb f1 game which potentially could have been generating a decent amount of money for codemasters all year long,

i personally don't trust codemasters and anything that's posted on here by them or more importantly the advertising campaigns to the run of,of new F1 games,

And  you've done that,. 

How many 3 year old upwards do you think or believe run leagues or have wheels and race on f12019 ,

A very merry Christmas to everyone and a happy new year .

Edited by senna94f1

@BarryBL

Haha! No but i mean the big post you were writing with updates and answers regarding all the issues. More specifically the ones above. 

I recall you saying "There is a vast amount of things I'm looking to cover in a forum update shortly, covering a wide range of topics. " 
Remember? the one you referred to as being the size of a small novel (since it took more than 6 weeks to write)

I'm as glad as anyone that you actually wrote something again, don't get me wrong. But still waiting for the real update that you promised. addressing all the issues with the game right now and telling us why they haven't been fixed yet, And what is gonna get fixed and when.  Those 5 points you wrote are all on the list above but.. The game is much worse than that (as you know) 

The list above has 111 points. which is why at first we thought it fair that you took WEEKS to address them all. 
When it became months it started looking really fishy and disappointing again. But if after a month and a half, All you come up with is a list of 5 points and think That is it...... well i hope you can imagine my disappointment lol. 

We were literally asked by Codemasters staff to make a list of the issues. The game (while pretty) is so **** and there are so many, that a different forum post for everything just isn't efficient. So we did it, went all out of our way for you doing work that YOU and the devs should actually have done. (tested your game for you.. made the comprehensible list) After which you told us you were working on a forum post regarding all the issues. Then we don't hear from you for weeks and then you come up with that stupid post...? Where's the rest? 

I really hope you are joking.. We can't have waited 6 months just for another "Oh and the reall issues.. i don't have an answer yet that requires some time as someone from codemasters actually needs to do something" I THOUGHT YOU WHERE DOING THAT! i thought the last 7 weeks you were talking with the devs about these issues so you could make a good forum post about them..  i thought THAT's what took so long! If it's not that then what took you 6 weeks to write it lol?  

It's good that there's still some things being fixed. It's horrible that stability and crashes and desyncs are not among those. as well as 105 other issues. 

And i really feel fooled by you now. lied to. You kept saying 'have patience i'm working on a big update addressing all the issues just you wait it's the size of a novel" and Then after weeks come with this.. "For some topics, especially for some that create the most discussion with everyone, an update can take some time as more people from Codemasters will usually be involved."  

First of all 106 out of the 111 points is not 'some topics' its 'virtually all topics'

And 2nd of all How do you think this looks to us? 😂 Do you think this gives us any good hopes for the next game? If the company that makes it can't even address forum posts and bug reports? 

And lastly IF YOU CANT DO IT, write those things, for the love of god tell the devs to actually make developer diaries for us and tell us what they will fix for this one, and what direction they will be going for the next one. Tell us if they actually have faith in their own game.. Codemasters should let them talk to us cause apparently you don't have permission to say things on your own. 

Very disappointing start to the new year this!

Codemasters doesn't look good again. 

• Like 1

@Bicarda,

Thanks for your feedback.

On the 'Community Post Update' we have decided to provide updates on the hottest discussions that have been reported by the community, including heavily requested topics like Safety Car etc.  

For us to be able to find a 'bug' or an issue in the game, we need an accurate way that the issue has been produced (see recent posts from @Far1an and @ReimvomSchleim here and here for excellent examples) to be able to investigate it and, hopefully, re-create this. If this means more threads in the forum, I'm happy with that. For us to address an issue, like with all games, we need to be able to re-produce it. 

• Agree 1