Toyota Celica GT-Four

Any plan to add the Toyota Celica GT-Four to this great game ? Useless to say it is a car that made the history of the Rally motor sport with the legendary Carlos Sainz. @PJTierney

Image result for toyota celica rally

Edited by koog2003
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Would love to see it happen, but there is a seemingly a (long standing) issue with the licensing of Toyota cars in CM games. 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Would love to see it happen, but there is a seemingly a (long standing) issue with the licensing of Toyota cars in CM games. 

yeah is true but milestone add this toyota on gravel 

15 minutes ago, gk9147 said:

yeah is true but milestone add this toyota on gravel 

Yeah but lucky for them Milestone isn't Codemasters. The problem is with Toyota and Codemasters alone. I think it had something to do with someone at Codemasters who said the wrong thing to a Toyota rep. But that is just rumors as far as I heard

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

um, Toyota is in the WRC games because they run a WRC team. Milestone is the publisher for the WRC games, and also developed Gravel itself, which also has the Celica. CM makes the competitor to the WRC series and Gravel, so there's your answer. Toyota is also not in Forza or NFS, but that could be more of a "street racing is illegal" thing.

so that's why we think Toyota isn't in Dirt. same for Hyundai.

• Like 1

At the 1992 WRC in New Zealand, I followed Carlos Sainz as be was making his way from a Maramarua SS to the SSS in Manukau - I got up to 160km/h and I still couldn't keep up with him. He (and I guess me?) was overtaking pretty aggressively. Me as a 20 something in my AE86 (another Toyota it would be nice to see in Dirt) thought that was pretty cool. I don't think they can get away with that anymore with all the GPS tracking they have these days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ianism said:

Milestone is the publisher for the WRC games,

Bigben is the publisher of WRC games. Milestone is a developer, not a publisher. The last WRC game Milestone had anything to do with was 4, and that was the first WRC game on the Bigben contract. Bigben dumped Milestone and hired Kylotton from 5 onwards.

The Toyotas in SLRE and Gravel were licensing deals for those games and had nothing to do with the WRC license.

Milestone, despite being a small studio, seems to be very good at licensing. 

As for Toyota, given their close relationship with Polyphony Digital and their publicly stated aversion to video games, has become an elusive license now. I wouldn't expect to see a whole lot of Toyotas in any game in the near future unless it's Gran Turismo or an officially licensed game of a series they actually compete in. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Pfei said:

Bigben is the publisher of WRC games. Milestone is a developer, not a publisher. The last WRC game Milestone had anything to do with was 4, and that was the first WRC game on the Bigben contract. Bigben dumped Milestone and hired Kylotton from 5 onwards.

The Toyotas in SLRE and Gravel were licensing deals for those games and had nothing to do with the WRC license.

Milestone, despite being a small studio, seems to be very good at licensing. 

As for Toyota, given their close relationship with Polyphony Digital and their publicly stated aversion to video games, has become an elusive license now. I wouldn't expect to see a whole lot of Toyotas in any game in the near future unless it's Gran Turismo or an officially licensed game of a series they actually compete in. 

ya thanks got confused between bigben & milestone

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PJTierney said:

‎ Der er ingen planer om at tilføje Toyotas til ‎‎Dirt Rally 2,0‎‎, undskyld. ‎

How much money should Toyota have to give permission to their cars in the game??

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PJTierney said:

There are no plans to add Toyotas to DiRT Rally 2.0, sorry.