GRID on Stadia - Feedback Thread for Stadia Players

Hey all,

This is a thread that offers GRID players on Google Stadia a dedicated area to send over feedback - whether it's general thoughts on the game, issues you're experiencing, or suggestions. 

We'll be tracking this thread very closely from launch (November 19) and look to work closely with Google and, if required, address any concerns players have. Comments/messages from non-Stadia players, or comments not relating to GRID on Stadia, will be removed to help us track feedback. 

Thank you 🙂

Career mode is broken. The game glitches and crashes after completing the first race (on display of position and rewards). I have recreated this error several times and it does not seem to affect other modes. I have requested a refund as the game was very expensive and I would rather buy another one to try out on Stadia if GRID is broken. 

I have a support ticket with Stadia and they have raised with Codemasters. I have anecdotal evidence that at least ten others have reported this issue. 

• Agree 1

I have had the same issues I think it might just be an issue with career mode when on Touring UK Open Track.

Tried 3 or 4 times and when it gets to the Penalty Points screen you can not get off it. BUT, if i select Stock its working ok on the tracks completed so far.  Turner is also working ok so far for me, if i now select Touring UK Open Track again on the Penalty points screen it now works and can unlock Asia,Barcelona, Sydney, Fatlace

Hope this helps track down the issue.

• Agree 1

I just purchased Grid on Stadia and attempted the first race on the first tournament on career mode and each time it gets to the results page (regardless of penalties or not) the game crashes.  I have not attempted to try a different tournament in career mode but something is definitely wrong with that first race or tournament.  I also tried shutting down Stadia and restarting on a PC as well as Chromecast.  I also turned off the HDR setting to see if that had any effect on the situation but it does not seem to be related to Stadia and potentially a defect within Grid itself.

• Agree 1

I also experienced this bug and requested a refund. I'm glad i came across it early while i was still in the refund window.

• Agree 1

I have seen people mentioning this issue elsewhere as well. Twitter, general Stadia forums. Seems to be general. 

Google confirmed that it's a game issue and have escalated it with Codemasters. The blurb at the top of this topic says that they will be following it very carefully, but there's not been a response yet. Any comment, Codemasters?

• Agree 1

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:55 PM, Steveiam said:

Google confirmed that it's a game issue and have escalated it with Codemasters. The blurb at the top of this topic says that they will be following it very carefully, but there's not been a response yet. Any comment, Codemasters?

Hi there - we've been tracking this since first report on Friday night and tracking it out of hours over the weekend to see what can be done. 

We're assessing a couple of different possible reproduction steps and once we have more news, I'll pass it on. In the meantime, if anyone experiencing this issue could pass on any relevant details (reproduction steps, frequency of issue, hardware you're using), that would be massively useful to our investigation. All the notes above have been helpful already, but no harm having more. Thanks 

19 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hi there - we've been tracking this since first report on Friday night and tracking it out of hours over the weekend to see what can be done. 

We're assessing a couple of different possible reproduction steps and once we have more news, I'll pass it on. In the meantime, if anyone experiencing this issue could pass on any relevant details (reproduction steps, frequency of issue, hardware you're using), that would be massively useful to our investigation. All the notes above have been helpful already, but no harm having more. Thanks 

@ChrisGrovesMCM Hi. For me (and for many others, from what I have seen), the issue occurs repeatedly after finishing the first race in Career Mode (Touring Cars). The race finishes and then the game freezes as soon as the position and rewards pop up appears. I could briefly interact with the popup on one occasion but then the game froze. About twenty seconds later I got a message saying that the game was glitching and I needed to restart it. This happened to me five times before I started checking forums, Twitter etc. and found other users had the same issue. 

I am on Stadia Pro using Chromecast Ultra (WiFi) at highest graphical setting (per display / data settings).  @Borvish

Thanks

Steve

Thanks @Steveiam - all useful info. I hope to have more details tomorrow on what information we have internally for a fix on this. Apologies to all who are experiencing this; work is well underway on finding a solution for you. Thanks 

@ChrisGrovesMCM

I have similar issues, except it happens for all all career mode races (not just Touring) , finish first race and it freezes at the results page, hangs for maybe 30 secs and crashes out and you need to restart the game. I was getting a pop up with a message saying an error was encountered, but now it just crashes out to Stadia games home screen. 

Using Stadia Founders kit (controller with chromecast ultra) connected with ethernet cable. 

RaceNet can't connect either, not sure if that is related. 

Thanks

Using Chromecast ultra with balanced setting I get the same error as the others.

I have also tried using the chrome browser with the controller wired and get the same issue. 

Hey all, just received some more news from our development partner for GRID on Stadia regarding this: 

- The issue is most probably related to leaderboard entry numbers, meaning it wouldn't specific to, or triggered by, any particular hardware/options you're using, and it's not specific to one Career event. Work is underway on a fix for this, which will then require testing, submission and certification. Our (ambitious) target is to have a fix ready to put out by the end of the week, but that's not set in stone. I'll update this thread whenever there's more news. Apologies again to anyone experiencing issues with GRID on Stadia. Thank you

• Agree 1

Is local multiplayer currently available for Grid on Stadia?  If it's coming soon can you advise when to expect it?

Hey all, update on this topic for Stadia players: 

We have a build that aims to address the crashing issue and have been testing today ahead of submitting the build to Google for approval. If all goes to plan we should be able to deploy this by the end of the week. Whenever there's news on this, we'll keep you posted. Thank you 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 7:26 PM, AndreaTrentin said:

the game stops after the first race in career mode tried several times

6FBF9601-7335-48DB-AB33-85081FF26D6B.jpeg

I have the same issue. Very frustrating 😞 because the game is good.

What's the latest news with this? I want to race, but not going to bother till this issue is resolved. 

Hey all,

A fix for crashes caused by leaderboards for GRID on Stadia is now LIVE. Crashes should now no longer occur due to this issue. No update should be required but keep an eye out for any prompts to update, just in case. Feel free to drop us feedback on what you're seeing/experience after this update. Thank you 🙂  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2