GRID on Stadia - Feedback Thread for Stadia Players

Hey all, couple of quick updates for GRID on Stadia: 

- The next patch is being finalised which addresses a couple of topics, including the audio stutter issue mentioned in this thread. We're aiming to have the patch live on Stadia by the end of next week

- Also included in that patch is all the Season 1 content, so four new cars, one new circuit (Paris) and 33 new Career events 🙂 

• Thanks 2

Any update here? "The end of next week" has arrived :classic_biggrin:.

Also, should we expect multiple months delay for the other season releases going forward, or is there a chance you'll be able to get close to releasing at the same time on Stadia?

• Confused 1

Hey all,

The latest update for GRID on Google Stadia is now live, which includes all Season 1 content 🙂 

Apologies for the slight delay - a couple of submission snags pushed us back but all sorted now. 

As always, if you're experiencing any issues, let us know here and we'll do what we can to investigate 🙂 

Hello again! 😁

First of all, thanks for the Update!

Unfortunately there is quite something to report. I bought the Ultimate Edition of GRID and after today's update my VIP status in-game is gone. No badge in my character profile, no extra credits after events anymore.

The 2nd problem is, whenever I go into career mode I receive the on-screen congratulation message that I won all events (the one you get after finishing everything in the main game). This is blocking the entire screen and by pressing ok or accept it selects a random event.

The 3rd problem which is not quite as severe is the introduction of visual micro-freezes. It probably replaced the audio skips. I've noticed these during the very first event in Paris (Season 1) in certain corners and when I changed camera perspectives. These are not bad or long but perceivable. Similar to streaming or saving related micro freezes in other games.

I hope you can adress the first two issues soon!

One more thing and I really hope it's just a bug...

The amount of credits that you are able to earn has decreased significantly. After winning one of the showdown events I usually received around 150000 credits, now it's only 16000-20000.

This just turns the endgame fun of collecting all cars into a painful grind.

A confirmation about this would be really appreciated!

My final post today... promised!

The game audio still skips and stutters in endurance mode. Tested with 39 AI cars on Shanghai track with night/rain conditions.

Sorry for all the bad news.

On 2/7/2020 at 12:48 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

@MarkusXM I'm bringing your notes above to the Stadia team today to see what we can find out, thanks 🙂

Some additional issues from my side:

• In multiplayer mode, when the host doesn't finish a race (DNF) the game gets stucked in the leaderboard after the countdown. The only way to solve this is the host leaving the event (losing his points and car)

• Also in multiplayer mode, when you select a car with individualized colors, it may appear in the race with compleatly other colors (same design)

• This issue...  ...is still a problem. What information is missing?

• It's nearly impossible to tune your car using the keyboard. Pressing the "tune" key you jump to an totaly different car than the one you want to change the settings.

• A suggestion: There should be an option to create an Multiplayer session, but while waiting for other players you should be able to race in single player mode and get an message if someone enters the race or at least be able to search yourself for other events.

Hi,

I joined a live stream gamer for a 40 racer event.  We all ran into some problems with difficulties with the multiplayer races freezing post race or glitching or kicking people out as races started.  Here's a video (in 2 parts... thanks Stadia 30 second limits) of one of the times I couldn't get into the race.  I ended up completely glitching out with a bizarre backwards 35 graphical glitch.  Other players reported being in at least two separate races with a mix of players and AI.  At least one other racer had a screen shot of the exact glitch I got.

The entire live stream from Cloud Gaming X perspective

Fast forward to 42:30  (Although a few races before this had issues too)

https://youtu.be/qdJhphI1reQ  (He doesn't allow embedding).

My perspective of the glitch (Playlist of 2 videos):

@ChrisGrovesMCM After season 2 was launched and some bugs where solved and some new one came in, I try to make a new report with a list of issues and suggestions.

Issues on GRID_Stadia

• Car colors in multiplayer
    In multiplayer games - especially with more drivers, if you’re using a personal design, the car in the race will appear with the correct design, but with the colors from the car driven before

car chosen is blue…

_lfNPokPvn4Lq86yg27zgcjVszzXXjIvPIXAi6gspT5DgbC-2Wiu0BE3ToGue26ZSbUPkVNAH3wjCYCkIHEqDweXjZkSzZf2at0RHbnbdfoE0R2-iJpnyBvagENXckuyulRr2RA6

car in the grid is grey (the colors of the Audi A3 from my next example)…

Bf5foFJ_JKFmikMFwTXcMGuX6xT8Im0Bhp8YBn9OHYk3Vvz5gqZWXfmUMDphcojl2llSNK8UNITEr8aufsenDbpb0dtg7rg2jq6-7i-wlFNAGmv3yd5NzdzyxJFbk0kU_1fIXhbL

car chosen is grey…

PN0J1_BkD47sSbY0OiY52w2OoBbC6tADTE5UFat13Pq6nf6oQfIySX1ed4SMGL1hOczlyM6v8uUU6wHhV7UQgrqZaPT71eaYC0nzC6oWMWVZJp6t7JXFZmTqaAyXLoX_HjwhnRCv

car in the grid is blue (the colors of the Audi A1 from my first example)…

QpzTCH6y9QzwifnKm376MSLZy5IwMw0up8QjsQVPoRaGfUsH0QpCtyKrWDdwLNeYEffGWXea-aoSpSzeyG_OJkv9pFhSL-ulcoC-3U0n_Fc3P63On9fNrUqYrAU4hizfwAdyRJYc

By the way? Why isn’t it possible to use the personal designs in the 40 player mode?

• Menu Keys with keyboard (keyboard as input device)
    It’s nice to have the ‘wash and paint’ option in the garage and skirmish, but with keyboard you can’t use it, as the assigned keys are ‘F3’ and ‘F4’ which are already used in the main menu to skip the car categories. In the settings it’s not possible to change this asignations. The same applies to the ‘F3’ for ‘tuning’

tkuKmvgJVl_oyMwSxLSJkZPgkNj3p5pmc5lM_h7bJH8UaSiHOeJxajInKy0bvRt5_e4FyhOZnFOVY_xH3vjeH88pMGo1mY6BUaXOlJhzaa93JxsEanaRv3a70SRy0daHNnz1U54G

• Key losing function (keyboard as input device)
    I have been reporting this from the beginning, but until now nobody paid attention 😞 so I will try again.
    I experienced this on any PC I played until now - something about 8 to 10 machines, 4 different Internet provider with different technologies and three different Stadia accounts (now that GRID is a pro game it’s more easy to test with any account). I also observed other gamers in the race with the same issue. So that they do not report here, does not mean the issue is inexistant.

At least I can tell you some more observation on when this happens. For me it seems to happen after a package lost - a normal issue on stadia, but sometimes it is like the game doesn’t forward the inputs of one of the keys any more. As I showed you in some videos, the input arrives at the game (there are some graphic evidences) but the action is not forwarded to the gameplay.
Finally I found out, how to recover control. First you have to turn completely in the direction that still works (without touching any other key) and then you press the key that doesn’t respond for some time (only that key) and you will recover control. You can imagine, that this only works at quite low speed, other wise you spin. When the acceleration doesn’t respond you will have to stop completely, press the brake, press the accelerator key and you can go on. This method seems to work most of the time, but you can forget the race your in. Quite annoying.

Here you can find my old post with the videos. If you need some more information, please ask

So please stop ignoring me with this issue 🙂      

• Host stays host if someone leaves without a clean exit
    I know, it’s an Stadia issue, that if someone loses its connection or closes the browser, the session will stay for some minutes, so he can switch the device or come back when the internet connection recovers.

But the is one issue with this and the one being the host of a multiplayer session. He stays host even if he isn’t there any more, because stadia is keeping his session. This happens, when the host leaves the session, without a clean exit (shutting down Stadia or the browser window. Most of the players are not aware of that. Often it occurs, that host #1 leaves the session correctly and the host switches to another one, but he is not even aware that he got host, as he already left the session in the quick and dirty way an his session stays there. The consequence is, that all others can’t start the race and won’t wait until the session of the host expires.

Maybe it would be a good idea to release the host, if there wasn’t a input for some time.

• You fall out of the configuration menu into the skirmish when your car need to ‘recover’.
    If you’re configuring a new session, your car is in the skirmish and can be hitten by other players. When the players hit you enough, so the car has to be ‘reset’ you be thrown out of the configuration menu into the skirmish and the really annoying part is, that you lose all settings done till that moment.

• Headset at PC doesn’t work in party chat
    Not sure if it is a general issue, but at least it happens to me. My Headset works fine in the game chat, but when switching to the party chat I get the info that there is no one to chat with - but there are others chatting. Connected to the controler it works fine in both chats.

• Bots run crazy
    Not 100% sure, but for me it seems like the bots are in ashole mode (very difficult) even it ‘medium’ or ‘easy’ is selected. I think this is happening from some weeks to now an it happens when experienced drivers create a session. Sessions created by drivers with lover level seem to have ‘normal’ bots.

• Grid positions of new cars in the race
    Players entering a running session many time get a starting position in the front of the grid, even with hotlap on. It’s a popular trick to leave the session during the hotlap and reentering immediately so they start on the front. In any case - specially in races with hotlap, drivers joining during the hotlap should start on the end of the grid.  

• DSQ/DNF
    Not sure if it is an issue or only a proposal. When you abandon a hotlap because you didn’t respect the track limits and will be disqualified (DSQ), y will get the DNF (Did not finish) in the time table. All DNF start in front of the DSQ. For me it does not make much sense, that people how stop there hotlap and have NO TIME get a better position in the Grid than those how finished the lap even being disqualified.

• Statistics
    At least the total distance driven seem to be wrong. In the Stadia achievements I see this:

fVZNsGB77xpQLnILxSyL-nh4ZVLsRPw1xijxbTmXihNs9g41bUepLXGBtWiUp6sILhmn1qE60OMFeM9Hs33i3yZjzuOCHR5GGzU9W2ZNtm0iIlKLNXMVyaBg0gbXVWjDD55ye6XS

so 26% from 40.000 km should get something around 10.400 km, but in the statistic section I find this…

hnD1zfWMmjAapVO4pN1-DV_sIkYvs3j5GCwNLS_e37VAqqHcEWImE9efXjo2rzan7cvUOcoQCHAh21teuioLgLFBroo7fLnx2ISRnZyJmwXxw0WB2rt0xPRulTkmfyoiuBomhhEb

Suggestions to GRID_Stadia

• Host does not know he is the host
    One big issue is, that many players don’t get aware when they became host. Maybe the host should see this info the hole time in the skirmish 

• Chat option: May be a chat option could also help. As few people where headsets, that normally isn’t an option to inform the one how is host, that he has to start the race
      Or a ‘talk to all’ option in the skirmish, so everybody can hear you, not only those connected to the game chat.

• Option to release or forward host
    Would be nice to be able to forward the host to a specific player in the skirmish.

• More races in one Session/Championship
    More than 5 races in one session

• Option to choose car between races or at least to change settings. Also to be able to modify settings during the time tables or when you got disqualified

• Option to choose car and settings when you enter a session which has already started. At least when you enter during a race there would be plenty of time.

On 3/15/2020 at 4:41 AM, GraniteRock said:

Hi,

I joined a live stream gamer for a 40 racer event.  We all ran into some problems with difficulties with the multiplayer races freezing post race or glitching or kicking people out as races started.  Here's a video (in 2 parts... thanks Stadia 30 second limits) of one of the times I couldn't get into the race.  I ended up completely glitching out with a bizarre backwards 35 graphical glitch.  Other players reported being in at least two separate races with a mix of players and AI.  At least one other racer had a screen shot of the exact glitch I got.

The entire live stream from Cloud Gaming X perspective

Fast forward to 42:30  (Although a few races before this had issues too)

https://youtu.be/qdJhphI1reQ  (He doesn't allow embedding).

My perspective of the glitch (Playlist of 2 videos):

Hey @GraniteRock - Welcome to the Codemasters Forums!

These are some very strange bugs indeed, I really appreciate you adding some video to go with your report. I've made a note, will get this over to the development team this week and get back to you once I have more to share 🙂

17 hours ago, gekkoX said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM After season 2 was launched and some bugs where solved and some new one came in, I try to make a new report with a list of issues and suggestions.

Issues on GRID_Stadia

• Car colors in multiplayer
    In multiplayer games - especially with more drivers, if you’re using a personal design, the car in the race will appear with the correct design, but with the colors from the car driven before

car chosen is blue…

_lfNPokPvn4Lq86yg27zgcjVszzXXjIvPIXAi6gspT5DgbC-2Wiu0BE3ToGue26ZSbUPkVNAH3wjCYCkIHEqDweXjZkSzZf2at0RHbnbdfoE0R2-iJpnyBvagENXckuyulRr2RA6

car in the grid is grey (the colors of the Audi A3 from my next example)…

Bf5foFJ_JKFmikMFwTXcMGuX6xT8Im0Bhp8YBn9OHYk3Vvz5gqZWXfmUMDphcojl2llSNK8UNITEr8aufsenDbpb0dtg7rg2jq6-7i-wlFNAGmv3yd5NzdzyxJFbk0kU_1fIXhbL

car chosen is grey…

PN0J1_BkD47sSbY0OiY52w2OoBbC6tADTE5UFat13Pq6nf6oQfIySX1ed4SMGL1hOczlyM6v8uUU6wHhV7UQgrqZaPT71eaYC0nzC6oWMWVZJp6t7JXFZmTqaAyXLoX_HjwhnRCv

car in the grid is blue (the colors of the Audi A1 from my first example)…

QpzTCH6y9QzwifnKm376MSLZy5IwMw0up8QjsQVPoRaGfUsH0QpCtyKrWDdwLNeYEffGWXea-aoSpSzeyG_OJkv9pFhSL-ulcoC-3U0n_Fc3P63On9fNrUqYrAU4hizfwAdyRJYc

By the way? Why isn’t it possible to use the personal designs in the 40 player mode?

• Menu Keys with keyboard (keyboard as input device)
    It’s nice to have the ‘wash and paint’ option in the garage and skirmish, but with keyboard you can’t use it, as the assigned keys are ‘F3’ and ‘F4’ which are already used in the main menu to skip the car categories. In the settings it’s not possible to change this asignations. The same applies to the ‘F3’ for ‘tuning’

tkuKmvgJVl_oyMwSxLSJkZPgkNj3p5pmc5lM_h7bJH8UaSiHOeJxajInKy0bvRt5_e4FyhOZnFOVY_xH3vjeH88pMGo1mY6BUaXOlJhzaa93JxsEanaRv3a70SRy0daHNnz1U54G

• Key losing function (keyboard as input device)
    I have been reporting this from the beginning, but until now nobody paid attention 😞 so I will try again.
    I experienced this on any PC I played until now - something about 8 to 10 machines, 4 different Internet provider with different technologies and three different Stadia accounts (now that GRID is a pro game it’s more easy to test with any account). I also observed other gamers in the race with the same issue. So that they do not report here, does not mean the issue is inexistant.

At least I can tell you some more observation on when this happens. For me it seems to happen after a package lost - a normal issue on stadia, but sometimes it is like the game doesn’t forward the inputs of one of the keys any more. As I showed you in some videos, the input arrives at the game (there are some graphic evidences) but the action is not forwarded to the gameplay.
Finally I found out, how to recover control. First you have to turn completely in the direction that still works (without touching any other key) and then you press the key that doesn’t respond for some time (only that key) and you will recover control. You can imagine, that this only works at quite low speed, other wise you spin. When the acceleration doesn’t respond you will have to stop completely, press the brake, press the accelerator key and you can go on. This method seems to work most of the time, but you can forget the race your in. Quite annoying.

Here you can find my old post with the videos. If you need some more information, please ask

So please stop ignoring me with this issue 🙂      

• Host stays host if someone leaves without a clean exit
    I know, it’s an Stadia issue, that if someone loses its connection or closes the browser, the session will stay for some minutes, so he can switch the device or come back when the internet connection recovers.

But the is one issue with this and the one being the host of a multiplayer session. He stays host even if he isn’t there any more, because stadia is keeping his session. This happens, when the host leaves the session, without a clean exit (shutting down Stadia or the browser window. Most of the players are not aware of that. Often it occurs, that host #1 leaves the session correctly and the host switches to another one, but he is not even aware that he got host, as he already left the session in the quick and dirty way an his session stays there. The consequence is, that all others can’t start the race and won’t wait until the session of the host expires.

Maybe it would be a good idea to release the host, if there wasn’t a input for some time.

• You fall out of the configuration menu into the skirmish when your car need to ‘recover’.
    If you’re configuring a new session, your car is in the skirmish and can be hitten by other players. When the players hit you enough, so the car has to be ‘reset’ you be thrown out of the configuration menu into the skirmish and the really annoying part is, that you lose all settings done till that moment.

• Headset at PC doesn’t work in party chat
    Not sure if it is a general issue, but at least it happens to me. My Headset works fine in the game chat, but when switching to the party chat I get the info that there is no one to chat with - but there are others chatting. Connected to the controler it works fine in both chats.

• Bots run crazy
    Not 100% sure, but for me it seems like the bots are in ashole mode (very difficult) even it ‘medium’ or ‘easy’ is selected. I think this is happening from some weeks to now an it happens when experienced drivers create a session. Sessions created by drivers with lover level seem to have ‘normal’ bots.

• Grid positions of new cars in the race
    Players entering a running session many time get a starting position in the front of the grid, even with hotlap on. It’s a popular trick to leave the session during the hotlap and reentering immediately so they start on the front. In any case - specially in races with hotlap, drivers joining during the hotlap should start on the end of the grid.  

• DSQ/DNF
    Not sure if it is an issue or only a proposal. When you abandon a hotlap because you didn’t respect the track limits and will be disqualified (DSQ), y will get the DNF (Did not finish) in the time table. All DNF start in front of the DSQ. For me it does not make much sense, that people how stop there hotlap and have NO TIME get a better position in the Grid than those how finished the lap even being disqualified.

• Statistics
    At least the total distance driven seem to be wrong. In the Stadia achievements I see this:

fVZNsGB77xpQLnILxSyL-nh4ZVLsRPw1xijxbTmXihNs9g41bUepLXGBtWiUp6sILhmn1qE60OMFeM9Hs33i3yZjzuOCHR5GGzU9W2ZNtm0iIlKLNXMVyaBg0gbXVWjDD55ye6XS

so 26% from 40.000 km should get something around 10.400 km, but in the statistic section I find this…

hnD1zfWMmjAapVO4pN1-DV_sIkYvs3j5GCwNLS_e37VAqqHcEWImE9efXjo2rzan7cvUOcoQCHAh21teuioLgLFBroo7fLnx2ISRnZyJmwXxw0WB2rt0xPRulTkmfyoiuBomhhEb

Suggestions to GRID_Stadia

• Host does not know he is the host
    One big issue is, that many players don’t get aware when they became host. Maybe the host should see this info the hole time in the skirmish 

• Chat option: May be a chat option could also help. As few people where headsets, that normally isn’t an option to inform the one how is host, that he has to start the race
      Or a ‘talk to all’ option in the skirmish, so everybody can hear you, not only those connected to the game chat.

• Option to release or forward host
    Would be nice to be able to forward the host to a specific player in the skirmish.

• More races in one Session/Championship
    More than 5 races in one session

• Option to choose car between races or at least to change settings. Also to be able to modify settings during the time tables or when you got disqualified

• Option to choose car and settings when you enter a session which has already started. At least when you enter during a race there would be plenty of time.

Hey @gekkoX - there is a lot to digest here and to keep things broad in this thread I can't address all these topics in one go. It's best to keep things at one topic at a time. Please can you submit a separate thread for the bugs you mention in the Technical Assistance forums using the template below 

@CMTGK What do you mean with "thread"? An extra for each issue under this topic or a new topic for each issue? And if you mean a new topic, in which section? I'm not willed to do this 5 times. I'm trying to help you - it ist not my paid job. 

1 hour ago, gekkoX said:

@CMTGK What do you mean with "thread"? An extra for each issue under this topic or a new topic for each issue? And if you mean a new topic, in which section? I'm not willed to do this 5 times. I'm trying to help you - it ist not my paid job. 

You've just created 14 different threads. I certainly wasn't expecting that. Nevertheless, I will look to get an answer/fix for some of the issues you mention. Thanks.

16 minutes ago, CMTGK said:

You've just created 14 different threads. I certainly wasn't expecting that. Nevertheless, I will look to get an answer/fix for some of the issues you mention. Thanks.

OK, thanks. May be you should change the wording. You're talking about 'threads', but in the board itself they are called 'topics'. The other confusing thing is, that there is this 'technical assistance' section and the there is this sticky 'Stadia issues' topic. So it seems like the Stadia issues should go here. But now I understood and in the future I know what I have to do :classic_smile:

• Social Media & Community Team
  • cm_forumtag_codemasters.png.31fce2c461ae
  • 646 posts

This is a thread that offers GRID players on Google Stadia a dedicated area to send over feedback - whether it's general thoughts on the game, issues you're experiencing, or suggestions.

I have experienced the same keyboard input issue as @gekkoX and have replied with a detailed account in the thread/topic he created: