Jump to content Jump to content

Feeling a bit Underpowered

PsychoAsteroid

Now before anyone crucifes me, this is just a personal opinon and I would like to know if anyone else feels the same way. I find that the Group A and WRC classes feel a tad underpowered, most noticable when you are trying to go up a hill. I had the gearing on the WRC Fiesta Shortened almost all the way and the car struggled to do 110KPH while going up a hill in Greece in 5th gear. The same can be said for the Group A cars, they also seem pretty sluggish while exiting a hairpin once its not raining, these cars especially the WRC class should have alot of torque and easily pull out of a tight hair pin in 1st or 2nd gear depending on how you have the gearing set, and they should also easily pull them selves up the hills in greece. Thoughts?

Hi You are right, but not 100% right :) Engines actually have more or less accurate power output. The problem is tyre grip- it is too high, so the engine cannot cope with that resulting in what Your impression is. It is like You'd try to accelerate in a 50cm high semi liquid layer of a concrete. Try a simple mod suggested in "too much grip" topic and suddenly cars seem to be much more powerfull. Cheers!

SamRWD said:
Hi You are right, but not 100% right :) Engines actually have more or less accurate power output. The problem is tyre grip- it is too high, so the engine cannot cope with that resulting in what Your impression is. It is like You'd try to accelerate in a 50cm high semi liquid layer of a concrete. Try a simple mod suggested in "too much grip" topic and suddenly cars seem to be much more powerfull. Cheers!
Too high of grip causing it to seem slow up hills? Im not sure I understand your example or what you mean. I feel like some cars are underpowered, but grip is a separate issue for me

Actually thats what I was thinking aswell, It dosent feel like a traction issue, more along the lines of just too little power. A real WRC car can max its gearing out going up a hill without spinning wheels very easily, similarliy the Group A cas do aswell, its because they have high torque outputs, and these cars just seem to feel like they are lacking the torque, I will try the suggestions in the "too much grip" topic and see if its any better, but i dont really think the cars need less grip.

I think the uphill/downhill effects are too high.

You gain to much momententum going downhill and you lose too much going uphill.

Edit: So, I don't think it's grip/friction or power/weight problem. I guess it's a small physics problem.

So possibly its a weight issue? Half of me thinks the cars feel a bit heavy (when going up/down hills) and part of me thinks they're too light (like when clipping something small with the rear tire and the rear lifts completely up)

Are you driving the cars in custom game mode? You have to upgrade the cars in career mode to get more power. The specification list of the cars in custom mode are the specs for full upgrades (so basically they are wrong). If you have not upgraded the cars in career mode the custom mode cars will not have their full potential.

Hmh, i havent tested any 4wd cars yet, but i have ride every rwd cars at least, because these are my thing. best was 70s cars that feeled most right in hand but there is something weird, feeling underpowered because almost no tire spinning with 2gear. yes you can slide, but with these powers and car weight it should be more slippery. now when you ride in some really tight corner and after that is little uphill, gently throw car in slide with good line and expect that car should slide with power and you could handle slide with gas, no, it slows you down much and your tires dont spin long even you are at 2gear even the gear ratios are shortened. In real it should do that with those powers at third gear, also slide much longer without instant speed lost and with much lower rpm because cars have really much torque around 4000-5000. with 80s you see this lot 
 of easier, more horsepower but feels just more grippier/underpowered than 70s. And second thing is that when you slide, make early good fix, it just spins no matter what you do. Just feels there is no torque much.  i dont use any assist, g27. 

Archived