Exclusive Game Mode for Stadia ?? Are you serious ??

I just noticed that:

"GRID comes to Google Stadia on November 19, with the exclusive Endurance mode."
"Endurance mode expands the grid size to up to 40 cars, split across four different classes, playable in both Free Play and Multiplayer"

An exclusive game mode... Thats just unbelievable...😤

Edited by Ak1504
  • Like 2

Its just google's version of PlayStation now, just without the games catalog.  PlayStation now was launched in 2014 and at the time they claimed that the ps4 would be the last proper console, ps5 has now been announced and PlayStation now still struggles with input lag.

Google may have more money to throw at it and put game servers in citys close to you but I fear codemasters is jumping on a train that is already crashing.

As for stadia getting endurance mode... *** you codemasters! why not give them exclusive drift, elimination, lobbies, tuning, tracks while your at it, its a massive middle finger to all of us!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Guys, Chill out here. Just let me ask @ChrisGrovesMCM about this here. Will this endurance mode be added to consoles?

Anyways, Stadia is a much different software than the Xbox One or Playstation 4, one that can take a bigger punch than these two.

As for Codemasters becoming a new Electronic Arts (From another topic) , that is simply a fairy tale. Electronic Arts (Or EA for short) added micro transactions to their games starting with battlefield 4, and they included stat changing weapons and attachments. Activision was way worse for Call of duty, starting with Advanced Warfare, they added game changing weapon variants. I would go into a long list, but that would take up too much of the page.

• Disagree 1

Note, there is no endurance mode in Grid 2019, there is in Autosport, this is not about getting exactly what Stadia gets but you see how it looks.  There is a distinct lack of game modes for us who paid a lot for this, we expected the game to be a natural progression from Grid > Grid 2 > Grid: Autosport... we didn't expect this to be an effective prequel to the features of Grid.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Will this endurance mode be added to consoles?

? When theres 1 system that really can´t handle 40 AI then its the consoles...

But it should easy be possible for PC users since i can race against 99 AI in a couple race simulations on long tracks like Spa, Nordschleife...

Edited by Ak1504

34 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Guys, Chill out here. Just let me ask @ChrisGrovesMCM about this here. Will this endurance mode be added to consoles?

Thanks for the @ 🙂 

As announced this week and in previous media interviews, Endurance is a mode that only features on Stadia because the requirements of that mode, within this game, with the current console and PC requirements, isn't possible. I'm not part of the development team or a programmer so don't know the inner workings of this, but that's the information I have. 

A few weeks ago, before we announced the news on Endurance, I had a walkthrough of GRID on Stadia and actually asked the team this exact question 😄 The answer was the same - it's something we'd love to have on all platforms, but it's only possible on Stadia and was never initially intended/built for other platforms. 

• Disagree 3

As said before on PC i can race with 99 AI in some race sims so this mode with only 40 AI should be possible on PC.

Codemasters disappoints more and more 👎

If that goes on i will get my next Codies game from Codex or Skidrow 😜

Edited by Ak1504

5 years ago we could have endurance races in a Grid game, its like when concord was retired 😜

I'm only interested in multiplayer so makes no odds to me..... as it stands on xbox it's usually 2 humans and 14 AI.  Stadia will probably be 2 humans and 38 AI lol.

• Haha 1

What a hard slap in the face for all other players on PC and Consoles... 

https://www.gtplanet.net/grid-endurance-mode-google-stadia/

Endurance mode will expand the number of cars on track from 16 to 40 with racing split across four classes. The new mode will be playable in both online multiplayer and single-player Free Play.

Quick Match Endurance gives players four preset classes to choose from. The endurance format will be longer than standard multiplayer races, allowing for more intense racing.

Free Play will give players more freedom to customize their own endurance events. Players will be able to set the amount of cars on the grid, as well as which of the four available classes will take part. You can also set the time limits for endurance races from five minutes all the way to 60 minutes.

This announcement that Endurance mode will be exclusive to Stadia will prove controversial to many fans. We criticized the rather basic single-player experience in our official review, so the omission of an endurance mode on console and PC will be another sting in the tail.

• Like 2

This is so embarrassing for Codemasters. It truly is. If you were to come out and say "We got this deal with Google to bring something special", I wouldn't have liked it, but at least would have understood it. But this nonsense explanation from the "team" is just embarrassing. Meanwhile virtually your whole community is complaining how terrible this game is and how low on features it is, and CM is unable to commit to simple fixes, where they have to "speak with the team" to "see what can be done" to add more laps to races. Truly embarassing.

• Agree 7

But in the end i don´t think we can get 40 players in MP. There are basicly no players left because of the great decisions the new Codemasters made how this game should be and because of the unfinished buggy state it got released.

And i think no one with common sense will pay 70€ for a Stadia version if you get this:

This is just a joke how bad games look and how high the input lag is... But hey you can have 60fps that feel worse than 30fps. Unbelievable 😄

sIeUCxC.png.9fb8ac0bbca3ee6135474cc386077539.png

cU5h3RL.png.0cd7ef214a66a3f36d4f34cae142abe1.png

UyBqJzI.thumb.png.f499525fd819216adc2cec221656b97a.png

Edited by Ak1504
  • Like 3

Stadia is a high profile, high risk for Grid, worked a lot with remote applications and there is no getting past latency to server, it will not be codemasters fault when this fails badly, but it will be their fault putting their name and game up in such an environment.

and OMG the trees will be blurry!!!! 😛

On 11/19/2019 at 11:46 PM, GavinMac said:

the trees will be blurry!!!!

In this case blur will save the situation because noone will see how terrible trees models are )))

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Performance issues could easily be the reason like how the GRID guys themselves stated. Over doubling the amount of physics and drawing calculations for each step would be a huge change, especially if it wasn't originally planned for.

For example rFactor 2 uses a much more simplified physics models for the AI due to performance issues 🙂 But comparing games doesn't work anyways, as every game is written differently.

28 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Performance issues could easily be the reason like how the GRID guys themselves stated. Over doubling the amount of physics and drawing calculations for each step would be a huge change, especially if it wasn't originally planned for.

For example rFactor 2 uses a much more simplified physics models for the AI due to performance issues 🙂 But comparing games doesn't work anyways, as every game is written differently.

Have any proof this is happening in rFactor 2?

Either way, Assetto Corsa doesn't do this, and by default has a maximum of 32 cars. With mods, it is possible to remove this limit, and 50+ car races work fine on middle of the line PCs.

And again, "terrible engine" is not an excuse.

Edited by Leo Natan
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

Have any proof this is happening in rFactor 2?

Either way, Assetto Corsa doesn't do this, and by default has a maximum of 32 cars. With mods, it is possible to remove this limit, and 50+ car races work fine on middle of the line PCs.

And again, "terrible engine" is not an excuse.

Once again comparing games does no good, as all games are written differently.

As far as I understand it was said by ISI ages ago, with the new developers not correcting it despite it being said in front of their faces and such.

I don't see why it would be a bad excuse to say that the game is written in a way in which more physics, ai and draw updates would tank the performance on minimum PC specs, and the consoles.. You don't know a thing about the game. If the developers say so, then they know.

7 hours ago, UP100 said:

I don't see why it would be a bad excuse to say that the game is written in a way in which more physics, ai and draw updates would tank the performance on minimum PC specs, and the consoles.. You don't know a thing about the game. If the developers say so, then they know.

So you presume I "don't know a thing", but you presume to know enough to trust the "team"? 🙄 It goes both ways. I'd believe a Google payment conspiracy before I believe "bad engine" or "soe advans physx" nonsense claims.

• Agree 1

Just now, Leo Natan said:

So you presume I "don't know a thing", but you presume to know enough to trust the "team"? 🙄 It goes both ways. I'd believe a Google payment conspiracy before I believe "bad engine" or "soe advans physx" nonsense claims.

We all know games are written in various ways and we also know that games tend to have varying performances depending on how they're written. There is not an optimal way of making features, but there are still ways that take much more performance.

Almost every programmer knows my claim that more AIs would mean more drawing and more calculations that will affect the performance in a negative way, even though it would be tiny.

What we don't know is how the game is written and what causes these performance issues, but what we know is that the team literally told us about the performance issues. And here is the quote, so we know this.

On 11/19/2019 at 3:58 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Thanks for the @ 🙂 

As announced this week and in previous media interviews, Endurance is a mode that only features on Stadia because the requirements of that mode, within this game, with the current console and PC requirements, isn't possible. I'm not part of the development team or a programmer so don't know the inner workings of this, but that's the information I have. 

A few weeks ago, before we announced the news on Endurance, I had a walkthrough of GRID on Stadia and actually asked the team this exact question 😄 The answer was the same - it's something we'd love to have on all platforms, but it's only possible on Stadia and was never initially intended/built for other platforms.