Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Developer Liaison

On 11/19/2019 at 4:25 PM, BarryBL said:

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

I've been spending the past 2 weeks getting up to speed with the forums and understanding the varying sentiments from our player base. My first aim is to get a true feeling of this, and I will be soon posting a link to a survey I've created. This is to give everyone, from active users and voices of the forum to people who are not so much, an open opportunity to voice and express their opinions on the state of the game and Codemasters support. Once this goes live, I encourage everyone to be as honest and constructive as possible, it's what it'll be there for!

@advanceapple if you could elaborate a little on 'the codes' for my information, that would be great. I've managed to grab hold of a wheel myself and, while I'm no esports player, I can begin to investigate issues myself as well as with the development team that have been raised (Force Feedback and performance difference to name two).

With the patches for the rest of the game cycle, we do have one coming shortly that will address some of the issues that have been raised directly from the forums. I would love to have a concrete development path for you but, as you can imagine, time and content cycles for each patch can and do change. I hope that I can communicate these changes and updates better to you moving forward. I can say we have the latest patch soon, and more development and support for F1 2019 moving into the new year and beyond, which will be the longest we've continued to actively support an F1 title. 

Welcome @BarryBl and thank you for this update! 🙂

Good luck @BarryBL on your new post! Hopefully you’ll be able to have more leverage on those around and above you than your predecessors. Although a lot of the posts on the forum are of an angry nature the points most make are very relevant. It is so frustrating to see the same issues constantly raised and seemingly nothing is done.

It’ be great to see some transparency in terms of things that can or can’t be done. If Codemasters can’t update or add something then fine but please say and give reason so players can understand why such decisions have been made.

Look forward to seeing your posts and impact!

Hi BarryBL !!

Hope you can actually be of some use to us, we are all mostly hardcore No-Assist Racers , that have been with the franchise for a long time.

But the current direction of Codemasters to favour Liveries and cosmetic mass appeal issues vs Core Game issues is driving everyone crazy and despondant.

As mentioned before  rather be frank and up front and state that X,Y,Z cannot be fixed in the current game, and most likely also not in the next , and will only be solved once a new Console with a New Game Engine is introduced.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:39 PM, AllenB2609 said:

Hello @BarryBL and welcome. Please bring HUD customization to consoles. It‘s already there for PC. An optional extension for the positions HUD would be really helpful. Thank you 🙂

We have asked for official HUD for many years, now Its unfair to exclude console players from having the official HUD, which is currently only there for PC players. 

PS4 Pad driver advantage is to big!

Pad and Wheel performance must be the same!

There is no advantage to drive with no assists!

Assits on must be much slower than off!

braking distance without abs must be shorter than with abs

speeding out off curves must be faster without TC than TC on

22 hours ago, Roberto31 said:

We have asked for official HUD for many years, now Its unfair to exclude console players from having the official HUD, which is currently only there for PC players. 

@AllenB2609 @Roberto31 thanks for your replies.

Please see thread in the below discussing this:

Hi @BarryBL 

I'm just reporting a bug which is here I think since you can upgrade your car in career mode (2015,2016)

Everytime when session is simulated or fast forwarded (Out in Q1, DNF in race) results of (Q2,Q3, rest of the race without me) Is simulated like season 1, race 1 perfomances.

Example: Mercedes in season 3 is 7th in perfomance charts, far behind top 5 in every aspect, I'm driving for Alfa Romeo (10th perfomance). When I'm out in Q1 for example possition: 17. Mercedes is on 14,15. After simulated Q3 they are in first two rows.

Are you guys aware od that problem? I can send you some pictures or videos with this issue

Maybe hot fix will be to let us spectate the rest of quali or rest of race I dont know

So skipping and fast forwarding (also auto outlap) is an issue

I know simulation cannot be 100% perfect but maybe something like :engine upgrade means -0.1 in simulated times +- 0.03

48 minutes ago, JanKondler said:

I'm just reporting a bug

Please report bugs in their own thread in the Technical Assistance sub-forum, or add information to an existing thread if there is one.

4 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @JanKondler,

As @scottishwildcat pointed out, please direct any technical issues you run into to the Technical Assistance forum, ideally on the correct thread.

Many thanks.

Yea sorry I already did many times before, but no one ever replied. I'm so happy that somebody like you are finally herec.

@BarryBL

Hello and welcome. 

For 3 years, many players ask for random failures for players on career mode. The system of durability os pior and totally unfair with IA. Please forward this to the person who decide what improve!

Thanks!!