New Developer Liaison

Hi everyone!

My name is Barry and I'm the new Developer Liaison for the F1 Games series. I will be looking after the F1 sections of the forums moving forward.

I’ll be taking your feedback, thoughts and comments to the team, as well as keeping you updated on different bits about the game like new patches and any information passed onto me from the developers. 

The biggest part of my job will be helping the team with any problems you may find, so if you’ve found any new issues with the game, I’ll be jumping into the discussion to find out more about what’s going on.

One of my main plans is to make these forums more active and user friendly to find discussions on the issues they are having, regardless of which F1 game it is. So do expect some things to be moving around a little, but it will be better and more responsive in the long run.

I'll be adding the latest patch notes onto the site next week, which should resolve some issues raised by everyone on these forums. Thanks for your patience and feedback on this, and we are continuing to work on F1 2019 into the new year and beyond to make it the best game experience we can for our players.

I’m really looking forward to helping wherever I can to make our games better for everyone! If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask, I’ll do my best to answer them!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone!

/Barry preparing himself for the inevitable pasting

My condolences.

Edited by Ho3n3r
  • Haha 6

Heard it all before with the past 4 people saying the same. But will judge with a clean slate as always.

I havent bought the 2019 game due to the feedback from our users here so its important to have people responding to peoples concerns.

I am however still playing F1 18 which I feel has many issues that carried over to 19! Safety car has been broke for 6 years or so. I am sure in F1 13 you could unlap yourself where as now you can end up losing a lap to your closes rivals delending on track position.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hi again,

I've just moved a few posts to relevant threads discussing issues already raised by other members of the forum.

If you do find a problem/technical issues, please search the forums first to see if there is an appropriate thread. It makes it easier to manage the forums, and gives us clearer scope on how many people could be reporting the same feedback. 

• Haha 2

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

sorry but we've heard this all before...

like 4 times....

in 4 years.....

and guess what? Still no improvement, we as a community feel only more and more **** on by the year.

Ask yourself the question why you're number "idontknowhowmuch" in such a short amount of time...

tell us: WHY would it all be better now? WHY are YOU the person that's gonna make the difference? 

no sweet talk and false promises, we want to see actual results! We're fed up with all the lies and false promises.

the only way we will believe anything you claim or promise is by showing us that you are here for US! But be prepared to be treated as a puppet for CM devs and not be taken seriously in any kind of way. 

i don't believe anything anymore from CM.

respect and trust has te be earned, and knowing how CM treats this community, you have a long way ahead of you.

so, good luck with that. 

seeing is believing.

let me make it easy for you:

2 topics which should make clear the ******** they turned this into.

Just read all the complaints, and i wonder if you even feel like taking on the job.

PS. I don't give a damn if I get banned or kicked from the forums. That would only show I'm right about CM wanting to silence the negative people. Yes I'm negative, Yes I'm direct, Yes I can be really harsh and direct in what I say, but NO, the things I say are never made up but stated on facts! And the reason the tone gets more and more harsh is because of the total lack of respect of CM towards this community. And that ****** me off beyond imagination.

Edited by AlexTT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 4

@BarryBL welcome, I tell you right away that a good percentage of users is very ****** off, if you really say you do as you wrote in your presentation, maybe it starts by saying something about the codes and the differences between pads and any steering wheel on the market obviously without active help. secondly, it seems fair to me to mention what should be updated with the next and last patch on F1 2019 so at least I prepare myself psychologically and not vomit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@BarryBL welcome 

like other members il judge you on what you do from now on , but i will say as a community we been left feeling a bit ripped off and ignored by Codemasters 

Your bosses seem to prioritise keeping a few youtubers happy and allow them to test a game and trust there feedback more than you do from people who play this game daily and race in leagues and online .

I beta tested f1 since 2017 and I’ve reported bugs glitches errors Highlighting every possible issue to try and make this game a better platform but I just seems that the online portion of the community is passed over in favour of a few youtubers who create offline videos and TT hot laps your target audience is ONLINE PLAYERS who race in multiple leagues so please dear god work on the online issue, like ffb of all wheels the massive advantage a pad user can have the sound glitches or broken lobbies the unrealistic setups you have to run to be quick .

I could go on and on, but all this community asked is you take our feedback test it and fix it and don’t break things that work already in the game .

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

I've been spending the past 2 weeks getting up to speed with the forums and understanding the varying sentiments from our player base. My first aim is to get a true feeling of this, and I will be soon posting a link to a survey I've created. This is to give everyone, from active users and voices of the forum to people who are not so much, an open opportunity to voice and express their opinions on the state of the game and Codemasters support. Once this goes live, I encourage everyone to be as honest and constructive as possible, it's what it'll be there for!

@advanceapple if you could elaborate a little on 'the codes' for my information, that would be great. I've managed to grab hold of a wheel myself and, while I'm no esports player, I can begin to investigate issues myself as well as with the development team that have been raised (Force Feedback and performance difference to name two).

With the patches for the rest of the game cycle, we do have one coming shortly that will address some of the issues that have been raised directly from the forums. I would love to have a concrete development path for you but, as you can imagine, time and content cycles for each patch can and do change. I hope that I can communicate these changes and updates better to you moving forward. I can say we have the latest patch soon, and more development and support for F1 2019 moving into the new year and beyond, which will be the longest we've continued to actively support an F1 title.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Catt1683 said:

@BarryBL welcome 

like other members il judge you on what you do from now on , but i will say as a community we been left feeling a bit ripped off and ignored by Codemasters 

Your bosses seem to prioritise keeping a few youtubers happy and allow them to test a game and trust there feedback more than you do from people who play this game daily and race in leagues and online .

I beta tested f1 since 2017 and I’ve reported bugs glitches errors Highlighting every possible issue to try and make this game a better platform but I just seems that the online portion of the community is passed over in favour of a few youtubers who create offline videos and TT hot laps your target audience is ONLINE PLAYERS who race in multiple leagues so please dear god work on the online issue, like ffb of all wheels the massive advantage a pad user can have the sound glitches or broken lobbies the unrealistic setups you have to run to be quick .

I could go on and on, but all this community asked is you take our feedback test it and fix it and don’t break things that work already in the game .

Welcome Barry. I trust your well,

i am am fed up writing post after post,over 3 months ago I posted the bugs and faults from adding the patches made f12019 10xworse,

i did not get thanked ,I got ignored for all my hard work,

the above post looks like a newcomer but they've got it spot on aswell,

the graphics have changed on f12019 , they now look pale and dull ,ffb is terrible for wheel users , and pad vs wheel is waste of time. 

Classic cars along with multiplayer cars ffb feels good but the official f12019 car drive like garbage, a London bus drives better,

we were told f12019 came  out early so codemasters could do monthly updates to reflect real performance and liverys,  

1 performance update and it made the game worse,

I repeatly said on dayone release don't change a thing as the f12019 on ps4 was a masterpiece,

guess what you guys and gals went chasing your tails made the game worse with each update, all you had to do was revert back to patch 1.04 or 1.03 ,

only thing that needed tweaking was ffb in the rain as the ffb on the wheel was abit light,

so why won't you revert back to the dayone release date where everything worked,

you pulled dirt rally 2.0 around,  and look at grid now the graphics were changed, so we all now know that you alter graphics in games without telling us the paying customers,

i want the dayone release version of Senna vs Prost edition without the rubbish patches , 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I've been spending the past 2 weeks getting up to speed with the forums and understanding the varying sentiments from our player base. My first aim is to get a true feeling of this, and I will be soon posting a link to a survey I've created. This is to give everyone, from active users and voices of the forum to people who are not so much, an open opportunity to voice and express their opinions on the state of the game and Codemasters support. Once this goes live, I encourage everyone to be as honest and constructive as possible, it's what it'll be there for!

@advanceapple if you could elaborate a little on 'the codes' for my information, that would be great. I've managed to grab hold of a wheel myself and, while I'm no esports player, I can begin to investigate issues myself as well as with the development team that have been raised (Force Feedback and performance difference to name two).

With the patches for the rest of the game cycle, we do have one coming shortly that will address some of the issues that have been raised directly from the forums. I would love to have a concrete development path for you but, as you can imagine, time and content cycles for each patch can and do change. I hope that I can communicate these changes and updates better to you moving forward. I can say we have the latest patch soon, and more development and support for F1 2019 moving into the new year and beyond, which will be the longest we've continued to actively support an F1 title.

@BarryBL
If you're on a wheel, and go online in ranked or unranked lobbies, then you would actually understand why people are SCREAMING for Non Assist lobbies. 

assists are OP already, and in the hands of a good exploiter they're god... 

and then they get skill levels of master in ranked online whilst the real people who learn and develop actual skill without assists and with cockpit cam are beeing ignored for the 4th year in a row. 

the people who don't have skill, exploit and in my opinion cheat online by using all the assists, should never be able to get higher than bronze skill. 

and then there's the difference between pad and wheel indeed, where pad without assists has still a huge advantage over wheel. 

just go online, race against some punk with all assists, turn off your assists, and get sideslammed where you spin out 99% of the time and the other sets fastest laptimes with half a frontwing, where they outbrake you over grass, don't spin full throttle on kerbstones, and i can go on and on...

let's not even go to esports where all the "pro's" drive T-Cam. I mean, that's the biggest joke I've ever seen! If you want to make esports so great, then make it REALISTIC AS POSSIBLE! 

I've never seen a REAL driver sit on their halo to get a tcam view. Do you?

in things like that they just have to do it the way the big boys do too... YOU make the rules, not the players. They have to adjust. Guess then they will be 1,5 to 2 seconds off the pace because they don't have the peripheral sight anymore.

now esport is just a joke, totally unrealistic, and fake as hell with those tcam cheaters.

just a friendly warning: don't make any false promises, think of what you say before you send it, because each and every thing that's not beeing done as said or promised is a big no no anymore.

you ask for a chance? EARN IT. That's how far we as community are, even when you're new, you are associated with CM which equals to disrespectfull, lying, false promises and whatsoever to the community. But i guess you already felt that looking at the reactions here.

Edited by AlexTT
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Very nice indeed and exactly what this forum needs, after all, we are discussing the game the FIA have sanctioned to represent the pinacle of motorsports.  I think this is one or the best things since they invented sliced bread.  Welcome to supper! 

Edited by FOneFanatic

Welcome @BarryBL and good luck in your new role within codemasters there as been a lot of frustration within these forums for the lack of interaction and to a certain point broken promises since the launch of f1 2019 hence the above posts by users who have gone beyond there means to help you guys make this game a better experience and all it seems to them a waste of time because of the lack of communication or acknowlegment of there efforts. Your introduction sounds encouraging though and look forward to the future and hopefully a more transparent outlook between you guys and us the paying customer.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

I don't give a damn about the esport, in fact I find it trivial.
if you want advice and someone tells you who played all the titles.
try the pad and then the steering wheel without help and you will notice differences in distance, traction and brake. start fixing this situation and leveling the pad at the wheel or vice versa because it's all so ridiculous. 
while for the safety car we refer to 2020 with a good base for reprogramming because in 2019 it is non-existent.
I will await new news from you.
  • Agree 2

Welcome to the hotseat @BarryBL! I think I'd speak for many people here who have been frustrated that previous forum 'coordinators' have had zero perceived impact regards game/franchise improvements. I'm sure you are already aware of the deep cynicism ingrained in the regular contributors here who have seen your position to be primarily damage limitation than actual information gatherer.

We don't need someone to be friendly and apologetic to us. We're not 10 year olds (those people are too busy earning online ranking points!) but instead mostly long term customers who love F1 and want our favorite motorsport to have a truly immersive, accurate and rewarding corresponding game experience. 

So excuse the outpouring of frustration already on this thread, if you get the time to read through the previous lengthy and accurate game reports from these members you will see it wasn't always like this. The latest 2019 game seems to be have been the final straw for most of us. Despite the opening fan fare of game improvements in both play and gfx with ridiculously gushing love from the early YouTube reviewers (bribees?) the end result has been a game where even the most basic of requirements, the actual car handling, is sub standard and inaccurate to real life. 

I'd consider these general discussion forums to be a gold mine of valuable game testing and reporting information for anyone on the Codies team to use if serious about improving and fixing the franchise. We hope that person is you! 

Good luck with your assignment here, I wish you and the franchise every success especially because I'd love to be playing the game somewhere down the road and be endlessly grinning instead of frowning. 

May the force (feedback) be with you man! 

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 4

Hey Barry,

Welcome :classic_smile:

I hope you could be the right chain between us, your F1 player base, and Codemasters team. 

I find allot of times that Codemasters don't understand that we are just trying to help here. But due to the lack of OPEN communication from Codemasters side, allot of F1 gamers are getting frustrated because of the silent treatment

So the key word would be: Open Communication with us on the Forum.

Greetings

Hello @BarryBL and welcome. Please bring HUD customization to consoles. It‘s already there for PC. An optional extension for the positions HUD would be really helpful. Thank you 🙂

9 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi again,

I've just moved a few posts to relevant threads discussing issues already raised by other members of the forum.

If you do find a problem/technical issues, please search the forums first to see if there is an appropriate thread. It makes it easier to manage the forums, and gives us clearer scope on how many people could be reporting the same feedback. 

Good to see you Barry.  In answer to your query it's sad to say beyond the developer liaison nobody ever replies from codemasters. But when they do this SOB usually lies through his teeth

https://twitter.com/TheLeeMather/status/1162757089846005761

Edited by Chromatic

Hy and welcome, hopefully a start of something great. Im on ps4 player and i belive the following needs to be solved.

-DRS zone for Germany on start finish/straight needs to be removed, and some are added in Singapore and Mexico.

- When rain is starting to fall, no matter light or heavy, there must be a much bigger spray behind the car like in real life. Currently its too poor, you can see the whole car when driving behind someone.

It should be like in F1 2010, i think there it was good.... but cant remember now.

- And please update the car visuals, liveries, sponsors, the Mercedes,Torro Rosso, Williams, Haas is still on Melbourne spec. Hope all cars are at least updated to Hungary or Singapore Spec in terms of visual (aero) updates/ liveries, sponsors on cars.

- Performace update of drivers Verstappen is too slow, he should be in top 3 always. Perez too strong, he is always in top 5.

Hamilton should be reference, then + 100 - 250 Verstappen, Leclerc, Vettel, Bottas. + 300.. Albon, Sainz, Norris, Ricciardo, Perez....

- And of course the Safety car must come out much often, for crashes, cars stopping next to track, debris.

Let us choose when selecting safety car between off, low, moderate, or high chance that the SC will come out if some incident happens on track. Or something like that. Ofcourse it must work too.

That way everyone will be happy so they can choose how often the SC comes.

- For F2 the AI needs to be on different strategies, cuz they all come into pits to change tyres, yes all 19 cars and then its not good, they loose positions and time when they are stuck there a bit. Not fun to race then.

- During night racing the mirrors are black. I mean u can see the car behind you, but the tarmac is black. And it looks wierd. During daytime racing all fine. Only on night racing it happens that the mirrors are black, specially tarmac, so you should fix the mirrors too

And thats it so far thankyou.

With the rest im happy

Edited by alex2612
  • Agree 2

Welcome BarryBL

I am not a prolific poster on these forums but am one of the many who have lost faith in codemasters F1 series. I have just noticed that my post count has been halved,probably due to them been negative comments..

So i suppose your first job in here is to REMOVE negative comments regarding the endless glitches carried over from game to game.

Nothing will ever improve

Welcome to the fire @BarryBL I take it the others have run away because CM leave them high & dry without solutions to the many bug we reported.

Before you ask us to tell you more you should start by fixing all the problems we have already reported and still waiting for.

All the people above have done this over & over and as you can tell CM has done a great job with feedback & Halloween add-on, I correct myself ignore the great feedback but you did great job giving us Halloween **** so my 3 yr grandson can smile 4 about 10 sec.😲

To is November 20th let's see how long before you run away.

Or is it the same person each time but just another name 🧐🤔.

I have seen this before 1 support person but with 10 different names 🤣😂🤣🤣

Yes you guest it I only put trust in them that can prove them can be trusted!

Edited by Hygradeb
  • Agree 2