Quick Note on Career Race Lengths

50 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Your comment was deleted because it broke the Forums' Terms of Service. This one doesn't 🙂

This wasn't the priority change above more-reported topics, such as Multiplayer requests. It was a player-reported topic that requires less workload or resources to test and potentially change for good, if the players enjoy it. Therefore, we're able to make a decision on it quicker and start communicating about it, whilst other key topics are still in discussion. Feel free to DM me if this needs a further explanation 🙂 

We're not taking away time or attention from the other things that've been asked for to make this happen. Chill. 

Why hasn't a topic like this been created where it says that the lobby browser is being prioritized ? Is it because it's not going to be worked on ? Too much workload ?

Online lobby browser has been requested since the launch, no response on it, apparently still in discussion.
Adding more laps to single player requested, you create a topic saying it's being worked on and will come in a month.

where is the logic

• Agree 4

28 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM didnt know you are developer? Why did you hide that info from us? 🙂

I said Codemasters are a good Developer Team and he is a very good Employee from Codemasters who listen to us and tell this to the Grid Team to make this game better 😉

Edited by Katzenkralle91

28 minutes ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

to make this game better

Crucial here is the period in which the "improvements" are brought about. When I sell bad food, my customers die.
It also does not matter to me whether or how much CM has to do.
That's their problem, not mine. It needs urgent improvement and not just next year.
  • Thanks 1

Good thing to know that you guys are working on it. It is my most requested feature by far. The timing might not be ideal tho. 

If this is planned for the second season, I would expect this to land no earlier than February... and I'd probably be long done with the career mode... but who knows?

Maybe I could use this if I get the DLC seasons or something. 

A very nice game.  Only the race length in the career is kept short with 2-3 laps per race.  Please insert in the difficulty settings "Race Length".  For example: 25% = 3 rounds, 50% = 6 rounds, 75% = 9 rounds, 100% = 12 rounds.  Or: short, medium, long, extra long.  Many greetings

Please tell me the team is going to add back in DRIFT at the very very least? We even have drift achievements in the game which is REALLY insulting when its never able to be used. 

On 11/19/2019 at 3:08 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Currently, we're aiming to begin this process from Season 2 of GRID's post-launch content, which is pencilled in for early next year. At this point, we'll begin with a trial of the new race length adjustment option in Career on PC only. This is to check the performance of the feature out in the wild, and to gauge the feedback from you, the players. If all is successful, we'll look to expand the option out to other platforms.

Why can you race 1-99 laps in freeplay and only 3-6 laps in career? Same cars, same circuits, same AI - so unless i'm overlooking something painfully obvious then all Codemasters have to do to test any level of "performance" is to simply switch on a console, pick a race + desired length and play the game. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Why can you race 1-99 laps in freeplay and only 3-6 laps in career? Same cars, same circuits, same AI - so unless i'm overlooking something painfully obvious then all Codemasters have to do to test any level of "performance" is to simply switch on a console, pick a race + desired length and play the game. 

Unlike in Free Play, in Career every single race has had its AI balanced and set to encourage the race to be competitive, specifically for the chosen race distance. It's a different setup altogether to Free Play which has a more basic setup. To implement this change we need to ensure the AI balancing remains correct across different race distances, regardless of race distance. It'll take time 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Unlike in Free Play, in Career every single race has had its AI balanced and set to encourage the race to be competitive, specifically for the chosen race distance. It's a different setup altogether to Free Play which has a more basic setup. To implement this change we need to ensure the AI balancing remains correct across different race distances, regardless of race distance. It'll take time 

But the problem is that career racing is about as far away from being competitive as you could possibly get - to the point where i'd even go as far as to say that it's not even racing. Every single career event offers the exact same two choices:

a) Start in 14th place and then proceed to ram, barge or slam your way thru the pack to the front of the grid because due to the fact there are so few laps, on higher difficulty settings this is the *only* way you can approach each race if you want a decent chance of winning. A strategy that most definately isn't racing, competitive or entertaining but more importantly a strategy that doesn't exactly encourage clean and fair racing when taking your new found 'skills' online.

b)  Use the quick qualify to ensure pole position and a very uneventful race.

It's one or the other....every single race of every single class.

Freeplay may well indeed have some basic AI setup but has anybody at Codemasters actually taken the time to play this mode because 5-7 laps around any of those long city circuits is incredibly challenging when damage is on and AI difficulty maxed out. To be totally honest with you my time spent in freeplay in the slightly longer races has been the only time that I've genuinely felt the game demanding that I race competitively and strategically (just like the good old days of Grid), with the consequences of not doing so being far more impacting than simply falling out with a few 'unique minded' AI characters during a routine two lap barge-fest.

If you absolutely must spend months and months tweaking and balancing AI characters then in the meantime how about removing it completely (until it's perfected) and replacing it this supposed inferior generic AI and longer races so if nothing else we can at the very least enjoy some 'proper' career racing instead of being forced to endure the utterly, utterly horrible setup you're currently insisting upon...   

• Agree 2

Why is AI balanced differently for each race? It's like this game tries to find solutions for problems that have never existed. If the AI is competent, it should be competent for any race given to it, just like in any other racing sim, including your own F1. I can understand different AI strategies for different vehicle classes, as is real world racing, but that should also be used in Free Play.

Or is the "AI balancing" just to let Alonso win at least some of the times? 😈😂

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

Why is AI balanced differently for each race? It's like this game tries to find solutions for problems that have never existed. If the AI is competent, it should be competent for any race given to it, just like in any other racing sim, including your own F1. I can understand different AI strategies for different vehicle classes, as is real world racing, but that should also be used in Free Play.

Or is the "AI balancing" just to let Alonso win at least some of the times? 😈😂

I don't think they are. After giving freeplay a lot more time (F1000 / very hard / full damage) i'm not seeing any differences whatsoever with AI in any event than I'm seeing in career mode in any event. They are just as aggressive, just as wreckless and the nemesis system seems to work in exactly the same way, so whatever these tweaks are supposed to be doing aren't immediately obvious - or rather not groundbreaking enough to radically affect overall gameplay.

My overall feeling though is that reduced race lengths have got nothing to do with AI issues at all, it's more likely to do with (in an attempt to generate a wider audience) Codemasters choosing to focus Grid's gameplay towards the big spending/low expectation levels ultra casuals who don't want things to be too hard or don't have long enough attention spans to race longer than a couple of minutes at a time. The proposed 2-3 months before any changes may take effect is probably just enough time to ensure that these casuals have all moved onto their next £89.99 ultimate edition game.

• Agree 1

Was racing GT Group 1 online yesterday, bots set to easy. First race fastest AI did about the same time as me. Next race fastest AI was 6 seconds slower.

Edited by Sir.Smoke

On 11/20/2019 at 3:19 AM, ReepRebew said:

You can not destroy something that is already broken. And what good is it if the core is good but the housing is ailing? The ship already has a big leak and is beyond saving. Not with empty promises. I've never mourned my money like that. Sad but true.

yeah, i feel the same way about my $$ being wasted & having to wait.

No other industry gets away with bugs & half finished products like the game industry, it is sickening to see.

On 11/20/2019 at 4:50 AM, FlashStealth said:

so you basically don't know the real fun and level of addiction was grid1 online… well 🙂

yes, he missed out on it otherwise he would have a very different opinion about grid 2019

On 11/26/2019 at 8:43 PM, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

But the problem is that career racing is about as far away from being competitive as you could possibly get - to the point where i'd even go as far as to say that it's not even racing. Every single career event offers the exact same two choices:

a) Start in 14th place and then proceed to ram, barge or slam your way thru the pack to the front of the grid because due to the fact there are so few laps, on higher difficulty settings this is the *only* way you can approach each race if you want a decent chance of winning. A strategy that most definately isn't racing, competitive or entertaining but more importantly a strategy that doesn't exactly encourage clean and fair racing when taking your new found 'skills' online.

b)  Use the quick qualify to ensure pole position and a very uneventful race.

It's one or the other....every single race of every single class.

Freeplay may well indeed have some basic AI setup but has anybody at Codemasters actually taken the time to play this mode because 5-7 laps around any of those long city circuits is incredibly challenging when damage is on and AI difficulty maxed out. To be totally honest with you my time spent in freeplay in the slightly longer races has been the only time that I've genuinely felt the game demanding that I race competitively and strategically (just like the good old days of Grid), with the consequences of not doing so being far more impacting than simply falling out with a few 'unique minded' AI characters during a routine two lap barge-fest.

If you absolutely must spend months and months tweaking and balancing AI characters then in the meantime how about removing it completely (until it's perfected) and replacing it this supposed inferior generic AI and longer races so if nothing else we can at the very least enjoy some 'proper' career racing instead of being forced to endure the utterly, utterly horrible setup you're currently insisting upon...   

i feel very claustrophobic in this game with some tracks & i agree this game being more of a ram, barge or slam fest then racing.

the team part of the game is pointless & so is nemesis as far as i see it.

As far a career race lengths i don't care much for it, the MP mess should have NEVER existed & baffles me why it does !

Edited by OugaBooga
typo's
  • Agree 3

Come on guys calm down 😇

Why ony the PC master race get to try new things, 

the ps4 disc version of grid cost a lot  then it's PC counterpart,

,we need to get rid of this weird 1960 light effects,

few weeks ago game looked nice and bright and crisp ,now it looks like dayone release again,. And graphics on ps4 are buggy just before starting of race ,

like any good sim racer will tell you, no Ai in multiplayer,  

and yes we technically should be able to do any amount of laps we won't in multiplayer, 

you can almost do that in free play,

saying that , this game should win an award for sound of cars going through the tunnels,

please Chris,. I just want a lot more tracks and a lot more freedom of choice within this game, it's pretty limited tbh,

grid 2019 has huge potential, but when you compare grid to PCARS2 ,. Grid is like 10% only of Pcars2 and grid is more expensive,. 

I am sure the good people at codemasters can pull grid around like they've done with dirt rally 2.0 

but I hope it doesn't go the f12019 route , 

First I always defended Codemasters but now I saddly have to say, I am very very Angry....

Unbalanced AI in the Career Mode? In Grid Autosport (2014) was the AI very perfect and challenging and you also can choose the Track Lenght, You can do a 10 Minute Training per Track and a 3 Round Qualifying and on the new grid the AI is sooooo slow and sucks even on the highest difficulty..... I hate the Hotlap 1 Round Qualifying I want more Rounds, 3 or 5 Whould be perfect

This is the Worst game from you I saddly have to say, sorry but this is just my opinion, Since over 7 Weeks from the Release of this game you always said you fix the slow AI.... And why do you need soooo much times to Balance the Ai in the career mode?? Why is this balanced ?? in Formula 1 2019 the AI is very perfect, even with 100% Race Time, why not there?

I Hope you will fix the very slow AI till early January 2020 and make them faster, High is tooooooo easy and very hard on most of the tracks is also tooooo easy..... Make Hard and very hard harder, in autosport you did it perfect the Ai but why not there?? And I also hope you will add the option to choose the Laps in the career mode very soon, I think you have to release this game an half year later, it feels more like a beta for me

and also on the freeplay the AI is also very slow, especially in Normal Track courses (No city Tracks) the Ai is breaking soooo much.....

And why are in the replays no Soundtracks????? The soundtracks in the replays in Race driver Grid were epic and amazing, there is nothing, if you don't have plans to add new music then add simply the whole Replays Soundtracks from the first grid to this for epic amazing replays

I hope you will read this and this is not to be meant evil from me it is just a Big feedback for big hopes to solve all these issue early 2020 😉 @ChrisGrovesMCM

Edited by Katzenkralle91

3 hours ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

and also on the free mode the AI is also very slow, especially in Normal Track courses (No city Tracks) the Ai is breaking soooo much.....

Wait, wooot, free mode with AI? 😂

3 hours ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

First I always defended Codemasters but now I saddly have to say, I am very very Angry....

This is the Worst game from you I saddly have to say, sorry but this is just my opinion, 

Welcome to the dark side.. ☻

1 hour ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

Wait, wooot, free mode with AI? 😂

Welcome to the dark side.. ☻

Oh sorry I meant Freeplay Off course....

Edited by Katzenkralle91

2 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

What i want to say, isn't a free play mode something like you play freely on the track and without AI ?

on freeplay you can choose the Tracks (max. 5 Tracks) the Laps, the car class and the AI difficulty, I can't understand you can do 99 laps there and in the career mode you never can choose the laps you want to drive you have to drive 3-5 minutes per race.... And I also can't understand why the AI is so slow, especially in Havanna you can overtake 10 AI cars in the first corner on very hard because they are breaking too much and accerlate to late....

I also can't understand why there are no soundtracks on the replays and where are the cool drift modes like in Grid 1?

This game was released 7 weeks ago and there are still no fixes with the big issues.... I hope there is a very big patch on the Season 1 Update, first they have to fix this game and after that they should add the Soundtracks from grid 1 and add the drift mode and make it like grid 1

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:49 AM, Katzenkralle91 said:

Since over 7 Weeks from the Release of this game you always said you fix the slow AI....

Hi - so this isn't true. I didn't say this was something that was being addressed, and if we were going to address it, we'd need a lot more information to do so, which we're asking for players to give us (see below) 🙂

Also worth keeping in mind that difficulty is subjective - what you might find extremely easy can be very difficult to someone else. It's not as simple as tweaking the AI difficulty to your exact preferences, then everything is resolved. Nevertheless, we're tracking this exact topic in Technical Assistance, asking for detailed feedback from players: 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@ChrisGrovesMCM Hi, in Formula one 2019 it is perfect with the AI you can choose the difficulty from 0 to 110 to make the perfect difficulty for every Player it whould be so cool for this Feature to see it in the next grid game, It is the best way to adjust the difficulty for every Player, but in grid autosport the AI was perfect, hard was really hard and very hard was very hard, this game is for good Players to easy, please add the Same difficulty Level 0-110 to the next grid game so every Player from beginner to Pro will have fun 😉 Good to know it the grid Team know this issue and make the ai harder in this game next year this whould be a dream 😄

Edited by Katzenkralle91