Quick Note on Career Race Lengths

Hey all,

Just received some news from the GRID team that I wanted to pass on regarding Career mode:ย 

Amongst all the community-reported feedback I've been passing on is the request to include the option to adjust the race length in Career mode races. I emphasised that this is a regular request from players and a suggested priority for us, and the studio are laying out plans to try and implement this ๐Ÿ™‚

Currently, we're aiming to begin this process from Season 2 of GRID's post-launch content, which is pencilled in for early next year. At this point, we'll begin with a trial of the new race length adjustment option in Career on PC only. This is to check the performance of the feature out in the wild, and to gauge the feedback from you, the players. If all is successful, we'll look to expand the option out to other platforms.

Obviously changes like this take time, resources and testing, hence why it's not an immediate addition, but I'm looking forward to this process kicking off to see what you think. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

This is why I only buy games from you ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ I am so happy, thank you so much, this game is so cool and it will be better and better, nice to see this ๐Ÿ™‚ This and also make the AI faster please ๐Ÿ™‚ If you make this this game is the best ever! Thank you to ChrisGrovesMCM for the very good support and thank you to the Grid Team to listen to us, I love this game ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

• Haha 4

Great but i hope we can free choose how many laps we want to drive... Not like in Forza 7 with: Normal=3 laps, long=10 laps so that for me 3 laps are too less and 10 way too much...

ok I'll post it again. THIS IS RUBBISH.ย  what the game needs is a online lobby browser to make multiplayer actually enjoyable, not this.
does prioritizing on something as trivial as increasing number of laps show how little hope online racing has for essential fixes ??

• Agree 9
  • Disagree 2

Agree. Making the multiplayer enjoyable to get more players back to the game should have the same priority as the singleplayer improvements.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

I like singelplayer much more than multiplayer ๐Ÿ™‚ I love this game the career mode makes so fun and I am so happy they will add it later to choose the laps you want to drive in the career mode and I think they will also improve the AI and make them faster, maybe they will add also new difficulties ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

ย 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 5

What we hope is that all the changes requested get implemented. You could for example just setup any race you like already, just not in the SP "Campaign".

Edited by django|UKMD
  • Agree 1

longer races is not more often requested for than public lobbies. Change your company name to EA if you so disrespect ur community. No more feedback from me.

Edited by MrMadArnie
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

Cmon Guys I don't know what is all your Problem about this game?? I played a lot hours and I always enjoyed this game, okay it has a few negative things like to short races in career mode, especially the AI needs much improvement, because the AI is really slow, but in the core this game is very good, very good gameplay with my xbox one controller, very good graphics, amazing Car Sounds, a fun (but too short) career mode. They will fix all the issues let them their time to fix this amazing gameย ๐Ÿ˜ž I love it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Edited by Katzenkralle91
  • Disagree 1

You can not destroy something that is already broken. And what good is it if the core is good but the housing is ailing? The ship already has a big leak and is beyond saving. Not with empty promises. I've never mourned my money like that. Sad but true.

ย 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, ReepRebew said:

You can not destroy something that is already broken. And what good is it if the core is good but the housing is ailing? The ship already has a big leak and is beyond saving. Not with empty promises. I've never mourned my money like that. Sad but true.

ย 

No this game is not broken.... It is very good they will make the ai better and add an option to choose the laps in career Mode. I am so happy with my ultimate edition and can't wait for the new content :)

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

Cmon Guys I don't know what is all your Problem about this game?? I played a lot hours and I always enjoyed this game, okay it has a few negative things like to short races in career mode, especially the AI needs much improvement, because the AI is really slow, but in the core this game is very good, very good gameplay with my xbox one controller, very good graphics, amazing Car Sounds, a fun (but too short) career mode. They will fix all the issues let them their time to fix this amazing gameย ๐Ÿ˜ž I love it! ๐Ÿ™‚

i bet you never played grid1...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

i bet you never played grid1...

Never Played grid 1? I played this game more than 100 hours I think! It was amazing with the drift and Touge Mode, it was a cool game! Amazing career Mode ๐Ÿ™‚ And the Le Mans races are also cool too, but this game is also good in his core in my optinion, it needs just more improvements like better ai, longer laps in career mode and a drift Mode will be also amazing ๐Ÿ™‚ Every single Grid is good I like all grid games ๐Ÿ˜‰

2 hours ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

the online part is half-baked, broken and not what it needs to be. the core is there yes, but not much more.
What AI needs is to get out of multiplayer, who gives a toss about computer opponents.

Edited by Sir.Smoke
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Sir.Smoke said:

the online part is half-baked, broken and not what it needs to be. the core is there yes, but not much more.
What AI needs is to get out of multiplayer, who gives a toss about computer opponents.

I only play in the singleplayer mode ๐Ÿ™‚ I am not a big fan from Multiplayer

33 minutes ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

Never Played grid 1? I played this game more than 100 hours I think! It was amazing with the drift and Touge Mode, it was a cool game! Amazing career Mode ๐Ÿ™‚ And the Le Mans races are also cool too, but this game is also good in his core in my optinion, it needs just more improvements like better ai, longer laps in career mode and a drift Mode will be also amazing ๐Ÿ™‚ Every single Grid is good I like all grid games ๐Ÿ˜‰

multiplayer online also ?

16 hours ago, Sir.Smoke said:

ok I'll post it again. THIS IS RUBBISH.ย  what the game needs is a online lobby browser to make multiplayer actually enjoyable, not this.
does prioritizing on something as trivial as increasing number of laps show how little hope online racing has for essential fixes ??

Your comment was deleted because it broke the Forums' Terms of Service. This one doesn't ๐Ÿ™‚

This wasn't the priority change above more-reported topics, such as Multiplayer requests. It was a player-reported topic that requires less workload or resources to test and potentially change for good, if the players enjoy it. Therefore, we're able to make a decision on it quicker and start communicating about it, whilst other key topics are still in discussion. Feel free to DM me if this needs a further explanation ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

We're not taking away time or attention from the other things that've been asked for to make this happen. Chill.ย 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Katzenkralle91 said:

I only play in the singleplayer mode ๐Ÿ™‚ I am not a big fan from Multiplayer

so you basically don't know the real fun and level of addiction was grid1 onlineโ€ฆ well ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 1

You see, there are few "hardcore" fans (easy to spot on every thread) who will defend this game no matter what... Even if they spend 100$ on a demo game, they will still defend it.. Because of those few, we get what we get !!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

18 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Your comment was deleted because it broke the Forums' Terms of Service.

I agree he used a bad word there...
ย 

ย 

18 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

This wasn't the priority change above more-reported topics, such as Multiplayer requests. It was a player-reported topic that requires less workload or resources to test and potentially change for good, if the players enjoy it. Therefore, we're able to make a decision on it quicker and start communicating about it, whilst other key topics are still in discussion. Feel free to DM me if this needs a further explanation ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

We're not taking away time or attention from the other things that've been asked for to make this happen. Chill.ย 

So you want to say that features that keep community alive for a longer period of time (working multiplayer for example) dont need your attention at the moment but instead things like fixed cursors and such.. ?
Or slap in the face for your fans on PC, Xbox and PS after launching Stadia version with some features that are not "supported" by other platforms... ?
Do you really make games this days for players or for money (EA like)? - answer honestly here...

And another question... Has anyone of you (Codemasters team) have ever played some of your previous GRID games ? What did u expected after cutting so many features from game?

Edited by CrazySerbianGuy
another thing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

So you want to say that features that keep community alive for a longer period of time (working multiplayer for example) dont need your attention at the moment but instead things like fixed cursors and such.. ?

I literally said the opposite of that. I said that the most-requested things from players are the highest priority (why wouldn't they be), but that doesn't mean we abandon other requests - some of which are simpler to put into action.

I'll say it for the final time: No time or attention is being taken away from the most-requested things from players.ย 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

I literally said the opposite of that. I said that the most-requested things from players are the highest priority (why wouldn't they be), but that doesn't mean we abandon other requests - some of which are simpler to put into action.

I'll say it for the final time: No time or attention is being taken away from the most-requested things from players.ย 

You are a good developerย  ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you to listen to us to make this game even better ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

• Haha 2