Sign in to follow this  

Not even a downsized version of Endurance for Console & PC?

Look, I'll take them at their word that 40 player Endurance isn't possible on Console & PC. Okay, what's stopping them from making at most a two class maximum, 16 player version for these platforms? They have the IMSA partnership and the fans that play on these platforms are being let down by not being able to at least have the DPi Prototypes and the GTE's on track at the same time. Even in the Michelin Pilot Challenge Series they have GT4's with TCR's. @ChrisGrovesMCM can you ask the dev team if this is possible? I think this is a fair compromise and a great addition to make.

The file is the Long Beach spotters guide from 2019. We have most of the cars to be able to replicate the real series, we just need the game mode.

SG_19_LB_ONLINE.pdf

Edited by DecepticonGH48
Details on the spotters guide pdf attached.

Just now, Ak1504 said:

No thx... But i´m all in for the missing Drift Mode...

I'll fight for drift mode if you fight for Endurance mode. We need to be united so that the game suits all of us.

• Like 2

Sry but i will not accept the excuse that 40 AI are only possible on Stadia... Never... 😛

And 40 would already be less than 50% of the 99 that are possible in race simulations with way more complex and so more hardware demanding physics as in Grid...

Edited by Ak1504

46 minutes ago, GearHead said:

Look, I'll take them at their word that 40 player Endurance isn't possible on Console & PC.

Why would you do that? 😂😂

6 minutes ago, Ak1504 said:

How many AI have the Nascar games even on consoles ? 40 ? Or more than 40 ?

Nascar Heat 4 has a full grid of 40:

Edited by Leo Natan
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Leo Natan said:

Why would you do that? 😂😂

I have zero clue of the capability of the game's engine. Only the devs know and we can sit here being arm chair experts all day and it won't change anything. I don't own GRID 2019 and I've been holding out to see how the game will be expanded before I make my purchase. The Endurance mode would make me get the game but since my $1k+ PC can't handle it (🤨) compromising is the next best option.  

• Disagree 1

Just now, GearHead said:

I have zero clue of the capability of the game's engine. Only the devs know and we can sit here being arm chair experts all day and it won't change anything. I don't own GRID 2019 and I've been holding out to see how the game will be expanded before I make my purchase. The Endurance mode would make me get the game but since my $1k+ PC can't handle it (🤨) compromising is the next best option.  

Terrible engine is not an excuse. That's why giving them a pass on this silly (and, in my opinion, disingenuous) excuse.

• Agree 1

I think Pcars had also big grids on consoles...

Edited by Ak1504
  • Agree 1

Just now, Leo Natan said:

Terrible engine is not an excuse. That's why giving them a pass on this silly (and, in my opinion, disingenuous) excuse.

Trust me friend, I doubt it as well. However I think the biggest disservice they can make to the community is to not add the game mode, even if it's not at the same level as Stadia's. That's my gripe with the devs. 

2 minutes ago, GearHead said:

Trust me friend, I doubt it as well. However I think the biggest disservice they can make to the community is to not add the game mode, even if it's not at the same level as Stadia's. That's my gripe with the devs. 

I would accept engine/hardware limitations if we would speak about 99 AI... But 40 ? Com on that should really be possible...

1 hour ago, GearHead said:

Look, I'll take them at their word that 40 player Endurance isn't possible on Console & PC. Okay, what's stopping them from making at most a two class maximum, 16 player version for these platforms? They have the IMSA partnership and the fans that play on these platforms are being let down by not being able to at least have the DPi Prototypes and the GTE's on track at the same time. Even in the Michelin Pilot Challenge Series they have GT4's with TCR's. @ChrisGrovesMCM can you ask the dev team if this is possible? I think this is a fair compromise and a great addition to make.

Hey 🙂 

Cool, thank you for this - I'll put this one forward to the studio and see what their thoughts are on the potential of an Endurance-type mode on consoles, that fits within the game's capabilities.

My assumption is that this has been considered but isn't possible, or would take too much resources away from keeping the core of the game and our post-launch content on schedule. But it's wrong to assume! So I'll run this by them 🙂

It's a licensing issue, they just can't sell it any more. It was free for a while before going off sale.