Sign in to follow this  

F2 2019 league race issue(s)

After my previous post (click here) about F2 practice sessions being made impossible, we have now encountered a new issue with F2 races. We do a 50% feature race followed by a 50% sprint race (including reversed top 8 grid order).

Our lobby host said that his game said everybody left the session, right after the feature race. So just to be sure no weird glitches/bugs would appear during the sprint race, I made the decision to restart the lobby. At that time I didn't know Codemasters had not implemented the option to ONLY/JUST run a sprint race (without feature race, as we drove that one right before). So in order to somehow continue, I came up with the idea to do a 3 lap feature race. Run all 3 laps as formation laps and then continue with the sprint race. After them 3 laps, it turned out - the game doesn't automatically use a reversed grid order of the top 8 after a 3 lap feature race. So I had to restart it once again, now with the top 8 already in the right order for the sprint race. Then it finally worked.

This is far from ideal. It would really help if we were given an option to run JUST the sprint race. 😕

In addition to this: when we drive GP mode in France and qualify on the soft tyres, we start the race on the white hard tyres.

edit: I understand now, that F2 might have free choice when it comes to the start of the feature race. The small issue that remains is the fact that normal suggested starting tyre is the softer compound, not the harder compound.

Edited by psYchovic77