help with voice in multiplayer (F1 2019)

i always noticed the icon showing on the top right corner of the screen when people are talking but rarely do i hear them...

so once before a ranked race started, a pop up message showed up in the bottom of the screen saying something like "conection is poor so voice chat is only available to near connections" and never showed up again on later races... something on those lines, i don't remember exactly because i never bothered to make a post about this but now here i am some few weeks later and the issue is still there...

i just want to know how do i disable this "feature" of disabling voice chat if they live too far away from my country.

btw i have an awesome internet connection, the only problem is i live in brazil and i get 100+ ping on most online games hosted on the USA, but that shouldn't be an issue when we're talking about transmitting voice on a game.

Hey!

I've also had that message being sent to me for years at this point, and I'm still not sure if it means far away in-game, or in real life...

I don't believe there is a way to disable this sadly 😞 Are you sure your audio settings are fine in-game?

52 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Hey!

I've also had that message being sent to me for years at this point, and I'm still not sure if it means far away in-game, or in real life...

I don't believe there is a way to disable this sadly 😞 Are you sure your audio settings are fine in-game?

I think it means your available bandwidth is not optimal so you may only receive voice comms from a few players (i.e. it would depend on the activity - how many players were talking; each is a separate channel with it's own bandwidth, once as many as you can receive are active channels then you can't hear others until the activity drops).

I've argued that the connection to the game lobby wastes connection bandwidth that can't be repurposed with this voice chat. I don't know the numbers because I don't write the code or what is mandated from the connection to Steam. We use Discord so the Steam stuff is just muted. It won't affect the messages, because it's negotiated connection quality.

Pretty sure the netcode concentrates on updates to the nearest players (in front and behind) with the rest being relayed only by the game host. But....all of the above, I don't write the code, IANAP.