Sign in to follow this  

This has been a great year for racers...

Proof of this, is that we have three racing games nominated as Best Sports Game in the VGA (yes, I know...), and two of em are made by Codemasters themselves. But guess what? Grid is not one of em.

This year we had Dirt Rally 2.0, F1 2019 (made by Codemasters and nominated for best sports games), Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled (also nominated), we had the console release of Wreckfest, probably the best game of the series in years which is Need for Speed Heat. Also we had Spec II for GTS, while not a new game, it is a new release that keeps competing with the rest. Oh, and we also had Grid...

So, the competition was absolutely fierce this year. I'd say is the most intense in quite some time. Having so much games, so different, and with great quality (Wreckfest is amazing!), the bar was set pretty high. And in that context, Grid was released.

It is always a bad thing having a game released that lack options and core stuff. A game that needs a fix to be playable. But it is even worse when you have A LOT of other new games in the genre, some good quality ones, and even some much cheaper ones (CTR, Wreckfest, and even Gran Turismo Sport S2). 

Makes a lot of sense that people are/was mad about this game. You could think "man, I could have spent my money elsewhere". It happened to me as well. 

So guys at CM... please, put this game in context. The company itself released two amazing games this very year (we said this to death here, right?). Why is that Grid didn't had the same quality? Well, this does not matter now. The game is out, but is what it is.

Still, you guys can change that. You can make this game competitive coming next year. It can even be like Dirt 2.0 with the seasons and the constant additions of content. If you do that while fixing the game, you could make a great one in the long run. And that's what I really hope you do!

Launch has been rough. Competition is fierce, but there's no reason why you shouldn't keep working on your game to make it awesome. The potential is there. People choose your game already, so please... give us all the Grid we all deserve. You still are in time!

Sorry for the long post. Thank you.

Edited by Leocp

Thanks for reminding me about Wreckfest. Just ordered it. Hopefully I won't have to, but if AI isn't removed from multiplayer in the next GRID update, my refund from Codemasters will cover it.

4 hours ago, Crumplezone99 said:

Thanks for reminding me about Wreckfest. Just ordered it. Hopefully I won't have to, but if AI isn't removed from multiplayer in the next GRID update, my refund from Codemasters will cover it.

The problem with Wreckfest is that they broke it when they updated it with the console content. What was a good physics game, turned into a microtransaction filled, bad physics crapola. It's really sad to see.

Yeeah, recent CM games are incredible but 'GRID' is a bit like something unfinished and has got huuuge potential. Anyway, I have just got to know that 'DiRT Rally 2.0' has been nominated for best sports/racing game. I voted for it of course.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Then there is NFS Heat @Crumplezone99. It has a open world and very difficult AI.

And it's a terrible game that has nothing to do with racing.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

The problem with Wreckfest is that they broke it when they updated it with the console content. What was a good physics game, turned into a microtransaction filled, bad physics crapola. It's really sad to see.

Yeah, but it's got SAAB 96s in it. The second best car ever.

On 11/23/2019 at 3:52 AM, Leo Natan said:

Are you kidding? Wreckfest has one season pass that is cheaper overall than the Ultimate edition of this. Outside of that there are no micro transactions at all.

And they keep adding free content in the form of new tracks as well.

• Agree 1