Latest on community-requested multiplayer changes

2 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Please keep an open mind if possible - this isn't a post to say 'everything you've asked for is coming', it's a status update on a couple of key requests

...its just a ''not yet'' splitted in tiny little cute pieces.  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xxCxxUxxRxxExx said:

So player base will be dead by the time private lobbies are integrated into MP and AI in quick match is here to stay (in some form).

Look it’s great that Codies are taking on board our feedback but if the game design team were in touch with their consumer we wouldn’t be having this discussion. I’m still at a loss on how they got it so wrong, especially when they had learnings from the previous 3 games.

details 🤣

3 hours ago, GavinMac said:

I think the issue is moving to a new engine, similar to f1, they implemented what they needed to and focused on game-play rather than the people who play the game, but too much got left out in order to get the game out on time.

I'm thinking this as the most probable factor. If this is the case then the game should have been delayed til Dec. If they are able to recover from this and continue the GRID series I really hope they learned their lesson about cutting back on vital features in order to meet a deadline. Multiplayer carries games way pass their usual hours of play, this more then anything else should be a primary focus for devs. 

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:43 AM, Hajora said:

Nice, my critical post is deleted , great job , there was no rude words in it 

You bypassed the swear filter which breaks the Forums Terms of Service. Feel free to DM me if you need more info 🙂 

sorry for that , the word was c.r.a.p. . I m german , so my first language is not english , thought it means " bad" . But thats no reason to delete a complete post , normaly the part which is against the rules or filters gets deleted and and  is marked with " Deleted by Mod  , because ..."  so the User can see what he did wrong.

54 minutes ago, Hajora said:

sorry for that , the word was c.r.a.p. . I m german , so my first language is not english , thought it means " bad" . But thats no reason to delete a complete post , normaly the part which is against the rules or filters gets deleted and and  is marked with " Deleted by Mod  , because ..."  so the User can see what he did wrong.

you should say ''cute piece of stinky brown material'' next time 🤣

Edited by FlashStealth
just ******* grammar
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

you should say ''cute piece of stinky brown material'' next time 🤣

Still would be the same outcome.

On 11/24/2019 at 6:30 PM, FlashStealth said:

tell me the length of your asterisk string :classic_biggrin:

Sorry, Fight Club will never work on me. Gonna have to face me in Batman Arkham Origins on XBOX ONE.

Edited by CordedQuill42
Oh, wait. You play on PC. The servers are down
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

On 11/22/2019 at 4:30 PM, CordedQuill42 said:

Well, AI should not be removed. Nobody wants a long waiting time because one person hasn't joined. Thats what happens when AI is purged from Multiplayer.

AI should be kept, but in a maximum of 4 AI, even if it is a bad team up of Fernando Alonso and Rick Scott.

I disagree.  In my opinion and that of many people who only play the multiplayer element of racing games, AI need to be removed completely. 

There are ways of minimising waiting times..... for ecample, hosts of public lobbies could start the race - project cars utilised this system and it worked perfectly.

Last time we 'spoke' you stated you hadn't played this game online so unless that has changed maybe save your comments for discussions relating to career.

• Agree 5

On 11/22/2019 at 2:39 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

As mentioned in many threads on here, Discord and the social channels, I've been relaying your feedback to the GRID team on a daily basis regarding what you'd like to see added or changed. The most common subjects raised by players, which I'll give an update on here, are: 

- Addition of open/public lobbies into multiplayer 

- Removal or adjustment of AI in multiplayer 

A lot of tests, discussions and strategies are being outlined to see what the team can do about both of these. There is no intention whatsoever at this stage to not address these two topics. 

Here's the latest news I have: 

- Addition of open/public lobbies into multiplayer - There's a big internal push to find a way to bring this into GRID - probably moreso than any other addition outside of the slated post-launch content. To make this happen, it would require a lot of time, resources and workload, putting other tasks on the back-burner. Because of all that, the relevant staff here are 'costing up' what it would take to make this happen, the pros and cons it would create, and the projected timeline. If it were to happen, an early estimate of when it would arrive in GRID is around the second DLC drop, so early next year. As always, as soon as I have more news, I'll be letting you know.

- Removal or adjustment of AI in multiplayer - This is a little further along the line. Producers and the wider development team have done a great job to take on not just your feedback which I deliver to them, but also in-game data and statistics, to draw up some ideas to address the use of AI in Quick Match Multiplayer. We're looking at the concept of benchmarking some of the lobby system, so that lobbies are much more likely to consist of more human players, rather than AI. We're tying this topic into a general goal of allowing lobbies to populate quicker and more consistently, so that AI are far less necessary. More news on these tests and a timeline as soon as I've got it.

Once again, thank you for all your constructive feedback, which helps us know where and how to steer GRID going forward. We're all pushing hard to bring these two priority requests into the game and when there's more info, you'll know about it 🙂

Many thanks for the update.

• Like 1

GRID, GRID2, GRID Autosport, DiRT, DiRt2, DiRT3, DiRT4, DiRT Rally, DiRT Rally 2.0.  

What do all these titles have in common?  No AI in online multiplayer lobbies and they all feature CUSTOM PUBLIC LOBBIES.

Why is this all of a sudden a huge problem to implement in the newest title GRID 2019?

The players who have played the older titles expected this latest GRID to at least have the basic multiplayer setup of all the previous 9 titles.  If cm wanted to release a title without these features they should have let their customers know.  This lack of basic features has killed off future sales of cm titles and destroyed the player base of the current game.  I am writing this as someone who has always been a huge fan of cm titles.  I've played them all.  

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, babaluk said:

GRID, GRID2, GRID Autosport, DiRT, DiRt2, DiRT3, DiRT4, DiRT Rally, DiRT Rally 2.0.  

What do all these titles have in common?  No AI in online multiplayer lobbies and they all feature CUSTOM PUBLIC LOBBIES.

Why is this all of a sudden a huge problem to implement in the newest title GRID 2019?

The players who have played the older titles expected this latest GRID to at least have the basic multiplayer setup of all the previous 9 titles.  If cm wanted to release a title without these features they should have let their customers know.  This lack of basic features has killed off future sales of cm titles and destroyed the player base of the current game.  I am writing this as someone who has always been a huge fan of cm titles.  I've played them all.  

let know what ? just not ******* preorder games ever ! the good rule is touch it before buy it...

this game is just a marketing move for stadia google, and to pay alonso advertising. Is not really made for gamers base.

I'll Always repeat, stop wasting money! did you read op post ? that update is just a laugh !! ''ai less necessary'' ????????????? CMON

• Agree 2

On 11/22/2019 at 2:39 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

As mentioned in many threads on here, Discord and the social channels, I've been relaying your feedback to the GRID team on a daily basis regarding what you'd like to see added or changed. The most common subjects raised by players, which I'll give an update on here, are: 

- Addition of open/public lobbies into multiplayer 

- Removal or adjustment of AI in multiplayer 

A lot of tests, discussions and strategies are being outlined to see what the team can do about both of these. There is no intention whatsoever at this stage to not address these two topics. 

Here's the latest news I have: 

- Addition of open/public lobbies into multiplayer - There's a big internal push to find a way to bring this into GRID - probably moreso than any other addition outside of the slated post-launch content. To make this happen, it would require a lot of time, resources and workload, putting other tasks on the back-burner. Because of all that, the relevant staff here are 'costing up' what it would take to make this happen, the pros and cons it would create, and the projected timeline. If it were to happen, an early estimate of when it would arrive in GRID is around the second DLC drop, so early next year. As always, as soon as I have more news, I'll be letting you know.

- Removal or adjustment of AI in multiplayer - This is a little further along the line. Producers and the wider development team have done a great job to take on not just your feedback which I deliver to them, but also in-game data and statistics, to draw up some ideas to address the use of AI in Quick Match Multiplayer. We're looking at the concept of benchmarking some of the lobby system, so that lobbies are much more likely to consist of more human players, rather than AI. We're tying this topic into a general goal of allowing lobbies to populate quicker and more consistently, so that AI are far less necessary. More news on these tests and a timeline as soon as I've got it.

Once again, thank you for all your constructive feedback, which helps us know where and how to steer GRID going forward. We're all pushing hard to bring these two priority requests into the game and when there's more info, you'll know about it 🙂

Thanks. Probably not what everyone wanted to hear but nonetheless this is more towards the level of communication that people were hoping for.

Just to pick up on one thing you mentioned regarding pros and cons / costing up. I think it's fair to say that for miscellaneous reasons Grid multiplayer isn't exactly bursting at the seams with [XB1] racers at the moment and with the high likelihood that natural depreciation of the game's userbase will further reduce the online community up until these proposed changes take effect it does kind of make it difficult to see any viable reason for this project to ever happen. I think we all get it that 'time is money' and because of which the cynical side of me can't help but feel that Codemasters are already aware of this fact and the time and money is going is going to be invested elsewhere, with the outcome being some statement or other in 2-3 months time (when the forums are less active and overall interest in the game has waned to a point where nobody is that bothered any more) explaining that due to financial constraints / hardware issues / performance issues (delete where applicable) things just couldn't happen in a way they'd hoped it would.

But hey, that's just me reading thru a very carefully worded statement and thinking outside the box a little :classic_tongue: 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

But hey, that's just me reading thru a very carefully worded statement and thinking outside the box a little :classic_tongue: 

ahah would be nice, i think some most asked feature will simply never arrive. without a word… (how say ai cannot be removed ? say it is less necessary lol)

I remember this is the same company who shut down a Whole forum after they killed grid1 online in 2011... the forum was literally exploded of complains… so don't wait for diplomacy, the only politician job doing here is for mr.groves… 🙂

edit.

custom lobbies welcome

Edited by FlashStealth

3 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Current target for bringing this to GRID is still Season 2 of DLC, so early. Obviously this isn't set in stone as unexpected delays can occur and the like, but that's our current target. Like I've said, there's been a big internal push to bring in open lobby options, once the community spoke up about it, so we're doing all we can to get it done. 🙂

season 2 dlc when is sheduled ?

12 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Update on the topic of open lobbies in Multiplayer: 

In my last update this potential addition was being 'costed up' in terms of time and resources. This is now complete and we'll be commencing work very soon on adding open lobby options into multiplayer. 

Current target for bringing this to GRID is still Season 2 of DLC, so early 2020. Obviously this isn't set in stone as unexpected delays can occur and the like, but that's our current target. Like I've said, there's been a big internal push to bring in open lobby options, once the community spoke up about it, so we're doing all we can to get it done. 🙂

Haha, well that's put me in my place, hasn't it. Thinking outside the box is hopelessly overrated.

11 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

February - March 2020

We haven't confirmed a month for Season 2. As my messages have said, early 2020 is the information I have - could be January, could be slightly later. When it's confirmed I'll let you know 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks! - Relieved to see positive action on lobbies, please don't forget to add MP car tuning before each race and fix the damage model and we will finally have a game to build on with more DLC  :classic_love:

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Update on the topic of open lobbies in Multiplayer: 

In my last update this potential addition was being 'costed up' in terms of time and resources. This is now complete and we'll be commencing work very soon on adding open lobby options into multiplayer. 

Current target for bringing this to GRID is still Season 2 of DLC, so early 2020. Obviously this isn't set in stone as unexpected delays can occur and the like, but that's our current target. Like I've said, there's been a big internal push to bring in open lobby options, once the community spoke up about it, so we're doing all we can to get it done. 🙂

Please give us the ability to set up our car in multiplayer lobbies!!!

The reason you need to allow car setups is to make all the cars ( Codemasters paid for ) able to fight one another in varying conditions. As it stands you you've made cars in categories obsolete without being able to set them up. And to make matters worse I like playing without assists and I will lose to someone who has assists on without being able to set up my car. Everyone in the community want's this, you don't have to take my word for it ASK THEM!

• Agree 1

Great news......... Tell the dev team they cannot take holiday leave over xmas!!! 😀 

🤞patch will be released january