Latest on community-requested multiplayer changes

That's great new ChrisGrovesMCM,  now plz add text chat,  spectator mode when you join lobby and add drift / demo derby,  remove skirmish,  add more tracks (1 track in each season is not enough),  set glossy and metalic colors in liveries (now all colors are chrome) 

Keep matchmaking like it is with AI  cars so all players to avoid matchmaking and join in custom lobbies lol :classic_laugh::classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

The complete removal of AI from multiplayer matches would require a much larger player base for GRID. I’m sure it won’t be an issue in late 2020.

32 minutes ago, rileyhockett said:

The complete removal of AI from multiplayer matches would require a much larger player base for GRID. I’m sure it won’t be an issue in late 2020.

mmm the game launch is burned… and introducing custom lobbies will not turn it into a marvel… just to say, still missing player stats… and still will need continuos bugs and crash fixes (read the forum, there are hundreds of issues on multiplayers side). I avoid to mention text chat and spectator mode from lobby… cause i know they will never develop for this game. (as they never done anymore after grid1). 

So introduce custom lobbies is important, i doubt only that will build a large populated online… and btw the op is clear… AI is necessary… not to fill up lobby, there is some contract behind with ALONSO to put him ai named car inside multiplayer for advertising purpose. They never confirmed that… i think the word ''necessary'' is clear enough..

So let's see how will end up this de-facto beta game.

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

In my last update this potential addition was being 'costed up' in terms of time and resources. This is now complete and we'll be commencing work very soon on adding open lobby options into multiplayer.

Very nice, once this is implemented it will give you guys some breathing room to work on other issues. One step at a time guys.

13 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

now plz add text chat

One of my favourite things about Grid Autosport multiplayer was that there was no text chat, and you could mute all voice chat. It's a simple way to completely nullify any form of toxic behaviour from other players, other than bad driving, and that can be dealt with in other ways. 

• Disagree 1

51 minutes ago, BadgersAreFun said:

One of my favourite things about Grid Autosport multiplayer was that there was no text chat, and you could mute all voice chat. It's a simple way to completely nullify any form of toxic behaviour from other players, other than bad driving, and that can be dealt with in other ways. 

toxic behaviours is what made a game funny, if someone push you off road open text chat and sent him to hell… that way is muted cinema… glad to know someone like this flat nothing...

1 hour ago, BadgersAreFun said:

Text chat can have mute option, nothing complicated. Voice chat can have mute option, nothing complicated. If thats what you preffer...

Text chat is great thing in multiplayer, because it prolong game life and stick community together.

I dont see any excuse why they wont add it !

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Surely public lobbies with the option to turn off AI will solve both the issues. 

Who is going to jump into quick match when you have the option of creating a public lobby and race the cars you want? 

Edited by Furbo81
  • Agree 2

58 minutes ago, Furbo81 said:

Surely public lobbies with the option to turn off AI will sove the both issues. 

Who is going to jump into quick match when you have the option of creating a public lobby and race the cars you want? 

Looks like only developers would 🙂

• Haha 1

Sorry Chris but the standard game needs so many more tracks,

and I know you guys and maybe girls are working very hard to make grid a success but please dear god ,no one wants Ai in multiplayer, not alone 400 of the things ,

you only need Ai in single player mode and career mode,

everyones go to game has been PCARS2 for almost 3 years , 

i do like grid but no sim racer will ever race with Ai in multiplayer,

, and Pcars 2 has many many tracks even more cars and a fabulous weather system,

i just read Barry is buying a wheel for testing f1 , we were told you have 2 expert wheel testers 3 months ago,

these games needs testing by more then someone who just number crush.

sorry for going off beaten path and keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Chris' words about how difficult is to add lobbies and that they have to rebalance the game mean one thing:

the game was designed without lobbies from the start

For such experienced company as CM and with three previous instalments of GRID - this is absolutely lame and incompetent. Firstly I was blaming shareholders for tight deadline, but now I see - game designers of GRID have never played any racing game in their lives!

Just like some tree modellers have never seen any tree in modern games.

Easily disappointment of the year award winner.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I like to see different shoe options for the driver, more colors, different heels, colorfull lace`s, maybe in combo with the helmeth,

I like to look at the shoes from the driver in cockpitt vieuw

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Disagree 2

38 minutes ago, 053 said:

I like to see different shoe options for the driver, more colors, different heels, colorfull lace`s, maybe in combo with the helmeth,

I like to look at the shoes from the driver in cockpitt vieuw

Good idea, i am sure they get to work on it Pronto 😉😉😉 it's more important then multiplayer

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, OugaBooga said:

Good idea, i am sure they get to work on it Pronto 😉😉😉 it's more important then multiplayer

i won't be surprised if they add things like that instead of fixing the game...

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

i won't be surprised if they add things like that instead of fixing the game...

yeah, you're right.

these days developers like these "gimmicky" things cause it's "filler" for games just like 

• 10 player cards
• 10 player banners
• 10 extra unique liveries

Just let me paint my cars like forza does, i do much better work then those liveries in grid

just like horizon 4 & clothing & dance moves, all a waste of resources that could be put into the game being better.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

AI must leave the multiplayer, otherwise this is the last game that fans and beginners will buy.  Not who does not want to play with AI

It should have worked like that.  If there are only 3 people on the server, then AI turns on automatically.  As soon as 4 people come in, the AI turns off completely and only people play. 💪💪🥃

1 minute ago, IRLANTII said:

It should have worked like that.  If there are only 3 people on the server, then AI turns on automatically.  As soon as 4 people come in, the AI turns off completely and only people play. 💪💪🥃

NO !!
They imagine singleplayer is for AI and multiplayer is for AI...
I have no idea what you all complain about...
Want to play against other people, go play Assetto Corsa or Project Cars 2, and guess what, they have CHAT !!!

• Agree 1

27 минут назад CrazySerbianGuy сказал:

Нет !!
Они думают, что одиночная игра для ИИ, а многопользовательская - для ИИ ...
Я понятия не имею, на что вы все жалуетесь ...
Хотите играть против других людей, поиграйте в Assetto Corsa или Project Cars 2, и угадайте, что у их есть ЧАТ! !!

У вас нет понятия, потому что у вас нет понятия, что такое расы в принципе. Мне 35 лет, и я играю во многие спортивные игры. В GRID 2008 у меня есть около 4000 часов в GRID 2, около 200 часов в супер-отличной игре GRID AUTOSPORT около 1600 часов, в FORZA 5-6-7, 600 часов в каждой FORZA H, 300 часов. В GT-SPORT я также играю и говорю вам больше, чем один игрок, который любит гонки и живет ими. Не когда не будет играть **** под названием AI 2019

Edited by IRLANTII
  • Agree 1

This game was made by people who previously worked in the race genre only once, namely the drive club.  And we all remember what happened with this game.  It was a failed exclusive in which no one wanted and does not want to play.  Now they have been given the opportunity to completely destroy the GRID series.  I love GRID AUTOSPORT and its physics and in general the game turned out to be just super.  But in GRID 2019 the complete concept is something physics.  The complete absence of the concept of how to make the interface of the game itself.  At the expense of sounds, the wheels whistle even when the car is stationary.  This is who worked on the sounds.  And this AI that will kill the GRID series.  After all, all the hatred of the game begins from the first minutes online.  When you are surrounded by stupid AI.

• Agree 1

On 12/3/2019 at 7:11 PM, IRLANTII said:

This game was made by people who previously worked in the race genre only once, namely the drive club.  And we all remember what happened with this game.  It was a failed exclusive in which no one wanted and does not want to play.  Now they have been given the opportunity to completely destroy the GRID series.  I love GRID AUTOSPORT and its physics and in general the game turned out to be just super.  But in GRID 2019 the complete concept is something physics.  The complete absence of the concept of how to make the interface of the game itself.  At the expense of sounds, the wheels whistle even when the car is stationary.  This is who worked on the sounds.  And this AI that will kill the GRID series.  After all, all the hatred of the game begins from the first minutes online.  When you are surrounded by stupid AI.

I forgot about drive club but the game play looked good, forza horizon "like" but on streets. I actually want that game but i am not buying a ps4 just for it. I will get a ps5 since now there's about 5 ps4 games i want.

As for what the studio did on grid i think the "core" of the game is really good, the AI could be fixed some but not that bad for single player.

everything Wrong with the game is "lack of content" & multiplayer lacking options like a lot of people have mentioned.

i honestly feel like MP was thrown in at the last 2-3 months if even that.

game should have been released next spring or summer !

Lastly i like the way the cars handle in this a lot more then grid 2 & just a little more then grid autosport.

Adding the 14 or so missing tracks & fixing MP would make this game better then GAS & worth the $.

since late 90's i have bought ALL previous toca, race, grid games shortly after release & NEVER expected the game to be in this condition. 😮😥😣

On 12/3/2019 at 7:20 PM, CrazySerbianGuy said:

AI 2019  🙂 I like the name xexe

you should have said  AI 2019 "like no other !

• Agree 1