Latest on community-requested multiplayer changes

PCars has more players because of CHOICE/OPTIONS/CONTENT
ohh yeah and it's not a broken MESS
and it's also what 2 years old
Assetto Corsa has more players because of CHOICE/OPTIONS/CONTENT/IT WORKS and it's also 5 years old
Assetto Corsa Competizione has LESS players than AC1 because of LACK OF CHOICE/OPTIONS/CONTENT/ it STILL works and it's over a year old
Grid 2 has more players than GRID 2019 because of CHOICE/OPTIONS/CONTENT because it works despite it's regression to pure arcade it's 5 years old
GAS has few players but still has CHOICE/OPTIONS/CONTENT but it's broken (Upgrades do nothing) Support was abandoned to save money. people cheat/ram/abuse others, nothing is done about and it's 5 years old yet matches Grid 2019 player numbers
GRID 2019 has almost no content/It's BROKEN STILL and gets more broken each update/Has NO choices... Codies enforce "YOU WILL RACE HERE IN THIS CAR NOW" Players be like "But but I want to ra....." Codies be like "NO YOU RACE WHERE WE TELL YOU TO BECAUSE WE KNOW BEST!!!!!" players be like "Well ***"

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

PC2 and AC <------- RACING GAMES with a lot of cars and tracks, with freedom to play / choose whatever you like and want (a lot of people still playing online)

GRID 2019 <------- DEMO "game" with few tracks and few cars, forcing you to play by their rules (empty and dead multiplayer)

What are we talking about here ?

I agree totally with the above post and so do the many thousands of poor beleaguered souls who wasted there hard earned cash on demo grid ,

all codemasters are interested in is cash ,. Not you or me or our opinions on how the game should be made more enjoyable or playable,

and we are the paying customers who actually play the game ,

NO AI in multiplayer ,

the whole thing reminds me of Germany 

more tracks Should be in a £50 triple AAA title.

Why should we have to spend more money to buy what should have been in the game to make codemasters stock go up,

Edited by senna94f1
I give up ,you've broken me codemasters 😥
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

For the guys that argue custom lobbies grant more freedom. It is more like you guys will just run 2, 3, maybe 4 (If luck is a main factor) tracks for your so called "Custom Lobbies" (Massive Air quotes). Not saying that is going to happen, but this might be reason this guy is against that feature. The main reason stuff are forced is because of the game wanting you to try new things. I can get tired of racing Sport GT's on Dubai on Forza 7, but thankfully the game has GREAT tracks like COTA, Yas Marina, Bernese Alps, Rio, Prague, La Sarthe (WITHOUT the chicanes for more fun), and other classes such as Forza Touring Cars, Hypercars, Supercar Renaissance, Formula 90's (RIP Aryton Senna), NASCAR (Albeit with only 3 main cars), you get what I am saying. Anything in Emerald and Bolded are tracks exclusive to the Forza Motorsport Series.

@SlimCharles, I applaud you for bringing TRUE facts about the custom lobbies. Ignore what these guys are saying to you, your argument still stands as a FACT. Custom lobbies will just make the player base want to race the same old track again and again. Keep doing so with the fact in mind I will be behind you 100% of the time. I might not look like such, but TRUST me, it is happening.

@senna94f1, Codemasters is a business (Like Activision and Electronic Arts), They have shareholders to attend to and families to feed. What is generated in the sales becomes their PAYCHECK. Without it, they lose their ability to care for their families. It is not a scenario in which they buy luxury stuff and spoil their kids. It is more of a scenario in which they NEED the money to provide food, water and pay the bill for the roof over their head.

Edited by CordedQuill42
Needed to correct some errors. Added more context. Maybe one day they will allow Bold text in edited reasons. You never know.
  • Disagree 2

@FlashStealth I agree it's possible to create a public multiplayer with custom lobbies that's not a complete mess. Like you said, Autosport is a fine solution. But I just think a system controlled by devs it's always going to be better. Radical position, I know, but I have my reasons.

10 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

For the guys that argue custom lobbies grant more freedom. It is more like you guys will just run 2, 3, maybe 4 (If luck is a main factor) tracks for your so called "Custom Lobbies" (Massive Air quotes). Not saying that is going to happen, but this might be reason this guy is against that feature. The main reason stuff are forced is because of the game wanting you to try new things. I can get tired of racing Sport GT's on Dubai on Forza 7, but thankfully the game has GREAT tracks like COTA, Yas Marina, Bernese Alps, Rio, Prague, La Sarthe (WITHOUT the chicanes for more fun), and other classes such as Forza Touring Cars, Hypercars, Supercar Renaissance, Formula 90's (RIP Aryton Senna), NASCAR (Albeit with only 3 main cars), you get what I am saying. Anything in Emerald and Bolded are tracks exclusive to the Forza Motorsport Series.

Exactly. For one well behaved host, you will get a ton of selfish ones. And the only lobbies that will succeed will be those that follow the mainstream. 

13 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Assetto Corsa Competizione has LESS players than AC1 because of LACK OF CHOICE/OPTIONS/CONTENT/ it STILL works and it's over a year old

Im gonna stop just on that. Kunos promissed for ACC matchmaking, and players thought that meant something like Iracing: either pushing a button and getting matched with players of the same ability and behaviour (what we have in Grid minus the rating stuff) or a set of races prepared by the dev that would start in a specific time (Iracing, Sport mode of GT Sport).

When people found out the final structure of the multiplayer would be custom lobbies, they complained so much the thread of the discussion achieved 1600 posts in less than one month (one of the largest threads in the forum has 2200 posts in 22 months).

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/about-1-0-multiplayer-structure.56833/

ACC is dead precisely because of the custom lobbies system.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

WITNESS:

Deception.

Last I checked, there were 98 online on Grid 2019.

Edited by CordedQuill42
I checked Steam Charts. Meme from RDR2
  • Disagree 1