Sign in to follow this  

F1 2020 Split screen

Lots of people have big screen tvs these days so it makes even more sense to bring back classic split screen racing. Good idea! 

• Agree 5

How do you deal with the lack of individual sound? This always annoys me when I play racing games with splitscreen. I need to focus on my own revs and engine sound... 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/15/2019 at 4:33 PM, heideldrum said:

How do you deal with the lack of individual sound? This always annoys me when I play racing games with splitscreen. I need to focus on my own revs and engine sound... 

A solution would be left side gets mixed heavier toward left speaker and vice versa. Unless one of you is not racing at all it would sound pretty good. It's going to be a compromise anyway for fun, nobody would really want to race too seriously in this mode. The coolest part is that it's hard for one driver to race dirty as you can see what each other are up to! Plus of course it's not generally good to cheat against someone sitting next to you on the couch! 

🛋️😂

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

A solution would be left side gets mixed heavier toward left speaker and vice versa. Unless one of you is not racing at all it would sound pretty good. It's going to be a compromise anyway for fun, nobody would really want to race too seriously in this mode. The coolest part is that it's hard for one driver to race dirty as you can see what each other are up to! Plus of course it's not generally good to cheat against someone sitting next to you on the couch! 

🛋️😂

Why would they give you split screen when they can sell you two games to play head to head? 😉

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Why would they give you split screen when they can sell you two games to play head to head? 😉

Yeh they missed an opportunity there for sure. F1 2019 Couch Edition (PS4) :

For only $1499 you can play locally with family or friends! Don't be a splitscreen-osaur, rock your lounge in style! 

Included :

2x copies f12019 

2x PS4 Pro consoles (livery of your choice!) 

1x Dualshock 4 F1 Williams Livery (2 recommended for dual play) 

2x 43" Sony HDR 4k tvs with HDR 

(Please note all cables extra.. See Codemasters online for details) 

PLEASE NOTE MULTIPLAYER NOT SUPPORTED ON RELEASE-CHECK ONLINE FOR PATCH DETAILS. 

• Haha 3

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback.

On a personal note (not speaking with my CM head on here), it would be cool to have some split-screen arguments with my brother again at home.

(*Puts CM head back on*) I've added this as a suggestion to the developers for future projects. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:33 PM, heideldrum said:

easy...joypad /controller has an input for headphones /headset

On 1/13/2020 at 6:12 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback.

On a personal note (not speaking with my CM head on here), it would be cool to have some split-screen arguments with my brother again at home.

(*Puts CM head back on*) I've added this as a suggestion to the developers for future projects. 

please add it for GRID as it's even more important since GRID Autosport has it.

there are plenty of opinions about downgrading this gem option

Hi @minetti,

Thanks for your post.

If you are looking to comment on GRID, please go through the appropriate menus for that game. This is the F1 sub-section of the Codemasters forums 👍

@BarryBL

why do you think I'm writing about it here? in the GRID section we only have a social-marketing guy as a wall 🙄 section F1 can count on direct contact with Codemasters Staff

there are plenty of sensible comments and suggestion about GRID but there is no support or feedback directly from the Codemasters Staff like here

the split screen is good example of your reaction to the same argument and shows the difference in support for this product's community

it's sad and you CM need to think about changing it, we need more attention and feedback in GRID section or this game will soon die

please take a moment and read GRID section to see if this is the right direction...