Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me find the perfect difficulty.

According to a lot of people on Reddit, China is one of the hardest tracks. And also according to the game I should be hitting the minimum qualifying time for 19th place. But this makes no sense! I'm at 65 difficulty. 

9df4434.png

Ha ha, I'm at 43% difficulty and improving (yeah, I'm slow).  The best way is to increment the difficulity slider three clicks at a time to find your perfect grove.  

Yeah!, ...a lot of trial and error for me. In the past with Assists (TC & ABS), and TV-Pod View (over the driver's head), I was at 90%.

Now without any Assists, and in Cockpit View I'm at 75%, which is challenging and enjoyable for me (I'm fighting mid-pack, and not quite sipping champagne, ...yet).

I've always wondered at what point (%) does the AI become unrealistic (i.e Arcade like, unrealistic Lap Times), ….100%+ (????). Or is 110% Level "actually" (real) F1 Lap Time pace? I've never ventured there (100% - 110%), or researched it, so I don't know.

But for now 75% seems to be right for me.  When I start to get regular Podiums at 75%, I'll increase the % yet again. (I do 5% increase increments).

There's really no perfect way to do it because the AI performance varies so much track by track.

But at the level you're at, your personal skill improvement over time will probably be significant enough that you'll have to adjust it after every race (or few races) anyway.

12 hours ago, RaceMyZaru said:

There's really no perfect way to do it because the AI performance varies so much track by track.

But at the level you're at, your personal skill improvement over time will probably be significant enough that you'll have to adjust it after every race (or few races) anyway.

I think people's skills vary even more track to track than the ai's especially for people using lower difficulty settings. (than say 90.. usually it's the consistency that's the problem then)

The problem is you can only approach a perfect difficulty level if you're consistent. and if you're consistent you're usually on your way to getting fast. 

If your lap times are all over the place, and you adjust difficulty to that, of course, a perfect lap (for you) is gonna put you on pole. cause you're compensating for all the times that you mess up during the race. And also if you do that the ai will feel slow.. as long as you're driving well. This inconsistency will carry over from track to track too. 

So yeah... unless you're as consistent as an ai and just never improve your driving. there is no perfect difficulty.  And i don't see why people think there should be.. 

Like.. say you're a bit slower at one track than usual (and don't know it yourself) and the ai should magically know this and know that 65 difficulty on this track means exactly that for you? 

But overall my experience is that as soon as you can drive within two tenths consistent lap times it gets way easier to (track specific) find the exact ai level for the perfect race. 

21 hours ago, Marty_K_ said:

I've always wondered at what point (%) does the AI become unrealistic (i.e Arcade like, unrealistic Lap Times), ….100%+ (????). Or is 110% Level "actually" (real) F1 Lap Time pace? I've never ventured there (100% - 110%), or researched it, so I don't know.

I found out that if you want the real life laptimes of the AI, adjusting the AI levels to...

...110 AI in Qualifying...

...90 during the race...

...is necessary.

@Gardendata61371

If you want be good as Hamilton, Go to grand prix, choose bottas, qualifying short.

Make your best lap and save the time. Simulate the qualifying 3 times and compare with Hamilton.

Adjust the difficulty until his time near to your time.

Usually i decrease 2 levels to Race.

Do this for ALL tracks. 

Hope i could help