Sign in to follow this  

New grid - bad multiplayer !

I like the racing and career guys, it is a bit arcadey compared to dirt but come on - you even added a lobby finder to DR2 and it couldn't find its way into this game?  All I get matched with are 1 or 2 people, it's never a fun online experience, and there isn't an option to wait for more people, it just autolaunches the game with AI.... 

Really bad design choices to be honest, I don't understand how you launch a racing game with no multiplayer options

• Agree 5

I had my first ever multiplayer race last night (the first time i've actually found someone to race with) and now I'm seeing why so many are complaining about AI racers. They aren't just drone racers designed to fill a lobby (as I first thought they were), they're wreckless drivers who will sideswipe you as you pass them, will drive across the front of you and squeeze you off the road and they most definately will ram into the back of you and spin you out. In any other racing game these AI 'racers' would be kickvoted because not only do they completely ruin the entertainment of those actually wanting to race, I can also see their actions just encouraging others (real racers) to drive in exactly the same way and turning the entire lobby into total carnage. Look, if I want to experience this type of racing i'll install FMS 7 and jump into one of the hoppers or just play Wreckfest.....

Well, after numerous incidents I managed 5th place overall and I've no idea what happened to the other guy because he went from 1st to 16th and quit at the end of the race. Back to skirmish I went and after an unsuccessful 6m 30s wait for someone else there ended my multiplayer experience.

So yeah, I now totally get it as to why so many are taking issue with AI in multiplayer - and why so few are playing it online.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

I had my first ever multiplayer race last night (the first time i've actually found someone to race with) and now I'm seeing why so many are complaining about AI racers. They aren't just drone racers designed to fill a lobby (as I first thought they were), they're wreckless drivers who will sideswipe you as you pass them, will drive across the front of you and squeeze you off the road and they most definately will ram into the back of you and spin you out. In any other racing game these AI 'racers' would be kickvoted because not only do they completely ruin the entertainment of those actually wanting to race, I can also see their actions just encouraging others (real racers) to drive in exactly the same way and turning the entire lobby into total carnage. Look, if I want to experience this type of racing i'll install FMS 7 and jump into one of the hoppers or just play Wreckfest.....

Well, after numerous incidents I managed 5th place overall and I've no idea what happened to the other guy because he went from 1st to 16th and quit at the end of the race. Back to skirmish I went and after an unsuccessful 6m 30s wait for someone else there ended my multiplayer experience.

So yeah, I now totally get it as to why so many are taking issue with AI in multiplayer - and why so few are playing it online.

ai ''is necessary''... :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, django|UKMD said:

AI is fine as long as its optional and you can tweak the difficulty / filth level / # of AI in the race

read latest update about that… ai will not be optional… they can make it ''less necessary'' so some algorithm to give priority to humans… or trying to fill one lobby as much as possible.

Basically all up the managment of AI into multiplayer and all the data collection to modify the algorithm… why all that when you can leave it as it is and introduce a simple ON-OFF switch ??

the answer is cause multiplayer is ALONSO property LOL so they must keep him AI named car Always inside (who know the contract may confirm).

It is optional in Private.  Private lobbies with friends are the only way to go really, but the community is tiny on each of the platforms and finding them can be problematic.

• Agree 1