Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Discussion Thread for Patch Notes for 1.18

Driver performance could be solved in 30 minutes. But codemasters refuses to do it.  Safetycar is still a problem and they can't fix it. 

The save camera position is very welcome indeed.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, aartstyle said:

Driver performance could be solved in 30 minutes. But codemasters refuses to do it.  Safetycar is still a problem and they can't fix it. 

The save camera position is very welcome indeed.

is any more wrong with safety car ?
or this when not come out when needed
i had safety car on online races few times and didn't see anything else wrong with it

13 hours ago, Erudain said:

Lol I just noticed a minor error with the new e-mail you get with the grid penalty. The email comes from Carl but is signed by Jeff.....unless Carl got a schizophrenia attak after I crashed into Sainz

image.thumb.png.46b22355e687aa6f2457375ad34a781b.png

Hi @Erudain,

Good spot, will raise to Developers to look into getting updated.

ForceFeedback Problem

Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam): PS4 pro

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner): 1.18

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc): GP vs Online League

What happened in the lead up to the problem? :

The ForceFeedback in the GP Mode is great but in same conditions in the League Race the FF is very low and the wheel players have no grip

Only difference:
GP Mode Car is Mercedes
League Mode F1 2019 cars with same srength

Any accessories you are using: Fanatec DD, (all wheel players has the problem)

If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

No, you didnt see it, but you can feel it.

I'm getting the Abu Dhabi custom pack for sure! I love the colors of the car and racing suit.  Also, I think it's great getting so many patched for an F1 game.  I'm sure there will be more to come if only to update customizable items for the new year and for the first Australian GP! As of the last, so should be the first! Will there be a "Black Friday" sale for customised items?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

I'm getting the Abu Dhabi custom pack for sure! I love the colors of the car and racing suit.  Also, I think it's great getting so many patched for an F1 game.  I'm sure there will be more to come if only to update customizable items for the new year and for the first Australian GP! As of the last, so should be the first! Will there be a "Black Friday" sale for customised items?

Patches are good if they fix things. The fix lists for these patches is shorter than the DLC announcements. Go figure.

I'm glad you like them. I reckon £5 might pay a developer's wages for around 10 minutes. Long enough to change Jeff to Carl.

• Haha 1

I've had audio issues since the 1.18 patch. I'll post the video when I have a chance to edit it and publish to YouTube etc.

Basically I jumped into career mode, just after installing the patch, completed my practice sessions and went to qualifying (one shot) to prepare for the race and my car's engine sound was silent. I could hear what resembles a Formula E car, very high pitched but kind of quiet. If I braked, I could hear the tyres skidding. It was weird, just the engine sound was missing completely.

I restarted the session and my engine sound came back.

I'm on PS4, in my first career season (still...) which still has Gasley in the Red Bull (if that makes any difference).

EDIT - @BarryBL here's a link to my video displaying the issue:

Edited by DarkMarkXD

On 11/25/2019 at 2:02 PM, Geboy91 said:

Yeah this is Ridiculous. We have been promised to fix it since August. Until this is fixed all other patches are useless

Have we? I don't recall them making any promises to fix it. Since it's been like this at least the past couple of years, seems fairly likely that it's not fixable without another rewrite, and that's not going to happen in a patch.

6 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

Avons-nous? Je ne me souviens pas qu'ils aient promis de le réparer. Comme cela a été le cas au moins ces deux dernières années, il semble assez probable que ce ne soit pas réparable sans une autre réécriture, et cela ne se produira pas dans un correctif.

Lee says it in a tweet

10 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

Have we? I don't recall them making any promises to fix it. Since it's been like this at least the past couple of years, seems fairly likely that it's not fixable without another rewrite, and that's not going to happen in a patch.

It took some searching but:

0714EA23-EA2A-487C-A25E-4335B2C59B4E.thumb.png.2b1d8e8fe76c771b1293cefe6f971d40.png

soooo..... it's easier to talk to a brick wall i think. 

We’re working on it doesn’t mean they will change it.

They’ve probably looked at it, decided it’s working as intended (or to a point they’re happy with at least) and moved on.

Personally i don’t get what the fuss is about. I’ve had 3 or 4 safety cars so far in my career (100% races, up to Singapore so far), so it seems to be working perfectly well as far as i can see, which is probably the same conclusion CM have come to when they have looked at it!

Edited by kalamazoo123
Typo

if you turn off the flashback, if you activate them in the settings it does not work as well.  I did some testing and it worked better when the flashback was off.  confirmed

• Like 1

Why since this up date when driving  you can't look backwards if you have MDF screen open ? This is annoying as ***