Patch Notes for 1.18 – Off-topic Discussion Thread

Hi all,

All of the posts not related to patch 1.18 will be moved to this thread to help keep the discussion thread on topic and easier for the team to track any issues related to this patch. Feel free to use this thread as an area to talk about items not related to the patch. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

PLEASE @BarryBL GIVE ME A HOPE OR KILL IT
saving between sessions is much easier and you don't, leave that part equal to 2018, who wants to do a 
realistic race can't play 5 hours straight, 2 hours free practice, 1 hour qualifi and 2 hours race, my 
group of friends played in 2018 doing free and qualifying training on saturday and race on sunday, tell 
me how to make a 100% realistic league under these conditions. 

That's why F1 2019 is creating mold and we continue to play 2018.
Edited by lvs6
  • Agree 3

Hi @TheEmpireWasRight,

This has been passed onto the Development team by @RedDevilKT but we have no update as of yet for you. We will continue to raise it on your behalf and look into the possibility of trying to incorporate more features moving forward

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@BarryBL

1. Will the car performance / team performance / driver performance be updated again?

Car performance: downforce needs to be increased by another 30% (currently there is a severe lack of downforce, if compared to real life data), drag needs to be reduced by 3% - 5% (this is a small tweak to get close to the insanely fast acceleration of the 2019 F1 cars).

Team performance: Haas and Renault need to be slower in the overall chart, McLaren needs to be faster in the overall chart, Mercedes engines need to be less powerful than the Ferrari engine by a small margin.

Driver performance: Perez/Gasly need to be nerfed, Räikkönen/Hamilton/Vettel/Ricciardo/Verstappen/Leclerc/Sainz/Norris need a buff.

2. Will we get a "Live Season Update Service" as in FIFA where all cars/teams/drivers will be updated during the season to always reflect real life performance as close as possible?

In FIFA it is tradition that the dev team updates all the respective football teams and football players during the season as a "Live Service" so that the game is always as close as possible to real life, next to that feature FIFA also allows us to manually adjust the teams and players capabilities from within the game (eg. speed/ acceleration/ dribbling/ shooting or tactics etc.).

It would be cool if such features were introduced to the F1 franchise, meaning we need:

-"Live Season Updates", to always have a "official game" that reflects the F1 season as close as possible to real life (this feature would give the "official F1 licence" some validity).

-The ability to manually adjust car perfomance/ team performance/ driver performance from within the game so that we do not have to mod the game (seriously, console players can't mod at all, so giving us the ability to edit these values from within the game as a new feature would be beneficial and make the hame more attractive).

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight

Fix this in next patch please:

PS4

-DRS zone for Germany on start finish/straight needs to be removed, and add new 3rd DRS zones in Singapore and Mexico.

- During night racing (Bahrain, Monaco, Sinapore, Abu Dhabi) the mirrors are black. I mean u can see the car behind you, but the tarmac is black. And it looks wierd. During daytime racing all fine. Only on night racing it happens that the mirrors are black, specially tarmac, so you should fix the mirrors.Check it out yourself you will see what i mean.

-Make the Safety car come more than once during race (50/100% race distance), cuz it usually only comes once per race. Example car stops next to track SC comes, but when big crash happens when there is debry all over the track and cars. No SC at all cuz it came out already. Fix this.

- For F2 the AI needs to be on different strategies, cuz they all come into pits to change tyres, yes all 19 cars start on same tyre compound and then its not good, they loose positions and time in pits when they are stuck there a bit. Not fun to race then.

And this is a question  - will there be another update of car visuals, liveries, sponsors?

Simple question answer yes or now. But i hope there will be another one cuz most of cars are on Australia spec visuals. Like Mercedes, Torro Rosso, Haas, Williams...

Edited by alex2612
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @TheEmpireWasRight,

This has been passed onto the Development team by @RedDevilKT but we have no update as of yet for you. We will continue to raise it on your behalf and look into the possibility of trying to incorporate more features moving forward

SERIOUSLY @BarryBL WILL ANSWER ANOTHER, I DON'T WANT A FUNCTIONALITY TO CHANGE THE GAME, 
I JUST SAVE THAT YOU ALREADY EXIST AND LOAD IN THE POSITION OF SAVE SIMPLE, WILL YOU DON'T WANT 
AND SO SPEAK THAT I DON'T But you, let's not play 2019 without it. 

What if in 2020 we don't even have to buy it this early.
Edited by lvs6

7 minutes ago, lvs6 said:

SERIOUSLY @BarryBL WILL ANSWER ANOTHER, I DON'T WANT A FUNCTIONALITY TO CHANGE THE GAME, 
I JUST SAVE THAT YOU ALREADY EXIST AND LOAD IN THE POSITION OF SAVE SIMPLE, WILL YOU DON'T WANT 
AND SO SPEAK THAT I DON'T But you, let's not play 2019 without it. 

What if in 2020 we don't even have to buy it this early.

Hi @lvs6

Don't worry, I have seen your post. I just want to find you an appropriate answer to your issue and, sometimes, this may take some time. Please be patient.

We are constantly looking into improving our game modes for our players. I have passed on your feedback to the development team.

• Disagree 1

So we still cannot change weather in leagues which we could do last year and still no keyboard binding support?

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1

HI @TomAAA,

Please see thread on keyboard support here

We have the functionality for this in test, but have run into technical issues that we need to fix before we can add this into a patch. These issues still persist at this moment in time and, therefore, didn't make the latest patch. Once we have an update, we will make the thread aware.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

HI @TomAAA,

Please see thread on keyboard support here

We have the functionality for this in test, but have run into technical issues that we need to fix before we can add this into a patch. These issues still persist at this moment in time and, therefore, didn't make the latest patch. Once we have an update, we will make the thread aware.

@BarryBLThanks for keeping us updated Barry 👍

Do you have any information regarding if the ability to set the weather will be coming to leagues as its a much needed feature for leagues to use to keep it interesting, same with saving between sessions in case someones console crashes or drops out 

Edited by TomAAA

Wow guys...... give the man a chance he's been in the job a week or so and within that time he's been more active than any Dev for f1 since I've joined this forum back in 2016 which says alot. He's been up front and clear when answering any queries aswell there's only so much he can do within his job title. I can accept all games have some sort of problems but not getting any feedback or response from game company's is not. It's quite obvious codemasters have heeded that advice from customers alike and for that I'm grateful.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

4 hours ago, smudger1982 said:

Wow guys...... give the man a chance he's been in the job a week or so and within that time he's been more active than any Dev for f1 since I've joined this forum back in 2016 which says alot. He's been up front and clear when answering any queries aswell there's only so much he can do within his job title. I can accept all games have some sort of problems but not getting any feedback or response from game company's is not. It's quite obvious codemasters have heeded that advice from customers alike and for that I'm grateful.

@BarryBL upkeep in the communications department so far has been great. However time will tell whether or not if this is just a short term thing with codemasters and others. Before we are back in the dung heap again with no communication.     

Edited by Chromatic

13 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi all,

All of the posts not related to patch 1.18 will be moved to this thread to help keep the discussion thread on topic and easier for the team to track any issues related to this patch. Feel free to use this thread as an area to talk about items not related to the patch. Thanks.

@BarryBL

FFB wheel update? Or OP Pad user dominance over wheel users? We are now calling it, “padhack.” It’s a big issue, and hopefully, you picked up on it. I am hoping it will get fixed. I had already thrown in the towel for this years league racing and eSports. 

Hi @BarryBL

Will the car model and livery be updated again?

we need to update Mercedes, RedBull, Williams, Haas and Toro Rosso.

On 11/25/2019 at 12:33 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi @lvs6

Don't worry, I have seen your post. I just want to find you an appropriate answer to your issue and, sometimes, this may take some time. Please be patient.

We are constantly looking into improving our game modes for our players. I have passed on your feedback to the development team.

hi and sorry @BarryBL, but do you want more patient? I was waiting right from the release and I bought at the premiere, but the year is ending, F1 2019 is already over on sunday, me and my friends could not enjoy anything in this purchase of this version, we are playing F1 2018, we are players who want reality, 100% of the race, we are not these guys who play 10 lap race.

Edited by lvs6

It's fine that you can now adjust the cockpit view for every car. But at the Alfa Romeo the mirrors didn't works, they are transparent. I play on PS4. I noticed it at Time Trial and Single Race modes.

DSC_1295.JPG

Edited by thegrizzled
  • Like 2