GRID Season 1 launching December 4 - Hot Hatch Showdown

GRID Season 1 adds even more variety and unpredictability to GRID’s action-packed racing experience on December 4, with the arrival of the Hot Hatch Showdown.

Four new cars, over 30 new career events, and a new circuit all drop into GRID in this update, with Ultimate Edition players receiving exclusive content. If you're yet to jump into GRID, you can pick up the Ultimate Edition now on PS4, Xbox One and PC, whilst existing Standard Edition players can upgrade to Ultimate Edition on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Let’s take a closer look at what’s rolling out of the garage for Season 1.

The Hot Hatch Showdown sees four brand new cars added to GRID’s roster – all legendary pint-sized hatchbacks. Ultimate Edition players can get behind the wheel of the MINI Hatch JCW, Lancia Delta HF Integrale Super Hatch, Renault s1600, and the AUDI S1 quattro Concept. Playable in Career, Free Play and Multiplayer, the new Hot Hatches can be used in any race scenario. For GRID players without Ultimate Edition, the Renault Clio is available in Free Play and Multiplayer events as a loan car.

GRID’s globe-trotting Career mode now has even more challenges to overcome, with Season 1 adding another 33 Career events to conquer. Available to Ultimate Edition players, head to the Career menu and switch to the new tab to find two brand new Career threads – one featuring the new Season 1 cars, the other using the existing car roster.

Complete the race objectives to advance through the threads and reach two new Showdown events; win those and you’ll be in the final three-race Series, where a new Ravenwest challenge awaits you.

Finally, we’re adding to GRID’s list of circuits with the return of a series favourite, available for free to all players. Race around the Arc de Triomphe and underneath the Eiffel Tower, and Get Your Heart Racing around the streets of Paris.

With three different routes, each with a reverse option, Paris is a tight and complex circuit, full of undulation and overtaking opportunities. Race in daytime, nighttime, in the rain, dusk or dawn – all options are open to create a dream race event, in one of the world’s most iconic cities.

New races, new cars, new ways to experience our unpredictable world of motorsport. Season 1 of GRID and the Hot Hatch Showdown is all about giving you new ways to race #LikeNoOther.

Follow GRID on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for all the news as Season 1 arrives on December 4.

Clio_Shot_4.jpg

LD_Shot_3.jpg

Mini_Shot_1.jpg

Paris_2.jpg

Paris_Group_Shot_2.jpg

Paris_Night_2.jpg

Paris_Night_3.jpg

Paris_Rain_5.jpg

S1_Shot_1.jpg

• Thanks 6
  • Disagree 1

I really hope you guys took the Lobby System feedback under serious advisement. Though the new content will be welcomed, it wont be enough to rally players around the game. Even if Season 2's content has to be delayed, difficult choices are needed if CM wants to right the ship at this point. 

• Agree 13

25 minutes ago, Omiley said:

I really hope you guys took the Lobby System feedback under serious advisement. Though the new content will be welcomed, it wont be enough to rally players around the game. Even if Season 2's content has to be delayed, difficult choices are needed if CM wants to right the ship at this point. 

Good to see you Omiley.

I think they did take it into good care. Was just to make another thread before I saw this.

@ChrisGrovesMCM, Don't screw up please.

Edited by CordedQuill42
200th Post. YAY! Also a change of words.

Hey @CordedQuill42, you as well. Indeed it seems this issue has been noticed by them, but we have to convince them to put this above all else.

• Agree 1

This is actually pretty cool! 

@ChrisGrovesMCM did you guys actually added some more career events to the main one? I think I spotted more events there...

Please tell me that's true :)

1 hour ago, Leocp said:

This is actually pretty cool! 

@ChrisGrovesMCM did you guys actually added some more career events to the main one? I think I spotted more events there...

Please tell me that's true 🙂

When you head to Career, there'll be a new tab with the 33 new events, laid out like so:

image.png

The current Career hasn't been adjusted 🙂

• Agree 5

20 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

When you head to Career, there'll be a new tab with the 33 new events, laid out like so:

image.png

The current Career hasn't been adjusted 🙂

Oh... I see.

Then my sight is wrong, lol. So much for using glasses xD

I was hopping to see the Paris track featured on the regular career as well. Seems like all the new tracks won't get career events for regular users...

That's kinda disappointing tbh. Oh well :)

Still, thanks for the clarification, Chris!

• Agree 1

Hi guys,

just read this so I am super excited,

just switched grid on and nothing shows,

i did buy the standard grid game and 3 weeks after I bought grid the ultimate was same blinking price ,

so is there an update because I can't see any difference 😍

Sorry for 2 post , time I get my eyes tested,

keep up the good work.

Edited by senna94f1

Just now, senna94f1 said:

Hi guys,

i did buy the standard grid game and 3 weeks after I bought grid the ultimate was same blinking price ,

so is there an update because I can't see any difference 😎

Not yet, on December 2nd there will be tho.

8 minutes ago, senna94f1 said:

Hi guys,

so is there an update because I can't see any difference 😎f

for anyone who bought standard edition you've been forgotten about ,

land guess what sale price of grid season pass has just gone back to full price,

you this is an absolute joke,

Hi there - as the title says, this launches on December 4. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Not yet, on December 2nd there will be tho.

psn had the season pass half price for 2 weeks,

Ok , so it will be December 2nd,,

waiting is not my thing,

still keep up the good work as grid is getting better and better, 

i just wished the season pass was done in conjunction with this 😂

❤️

Edited by senna94f1

I like Paris track and the cars especially Lancia Delta and  Renault Clio are bloody .. Remove AI from online ASAP and add custom lobbies for season 2 :classic_laugh:

@ChrisGrovesMCM  Hey Chris 🙂 I have every Grid game from Codemasters, Grid Autosport is my favourite Grid game because the Career was so aweseome, a lot of events and you can choose the Track Lenght to make the races longer, also the AI was amazing in Grid Autosport, very fast and challenging, Hard was really hard and very hard was really very hard, I love Head to Head Close Races with the AI, I hope there are a lot of plans to make the AI faster and better, Hard is too easy and on a lot of tracks very hard is too easy too.... Please Improve the AI in Hard and very hard, it whould be also amazing if you add higher difficulties and if we really can choose the Track Lenght in the career mode. And I have a cool Idea, Add Soundtracks in the Replays, If you watch a replay this game feels so empty without cool soundtracks in the replays like in Grid 1 (2008) It whould be an amazing present and surprise if you add all this things in the future to the new Grid game if you have don't plans to make new music for the replays, please add the Replay soundtracks from Grid 2008 to this game in the replays 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Edited by Katzenkralle91

The cars:

Mini Cooper: From Grid Autosport

Audi A1: New car in the Grid Series

Lancia Delta: From Grid Autosport

Renault Clio: New car in the Grid Series.

2 New and 2 from the past. Not bad, Not bad.

Edited by CordedQuill42
The Mini is not from Grid 2. Whoops.
  • Agree 1

Will this update also include bugfixes, or will that be a seperate patch? I would like to use the real liveries but those are all scratched now. :classic_sad:

Also is there a reward for completing the events? It would be nice if there is another carbon ultimate edition skin?

Hi, I came back after some time when I got to know that Season 1 comes to 'GRID' as 'Hot Hatch Showdown' with Paris and some cars. Not bad, not bad but it would be better if you could put some track from 'Racedriver GRID', which we know and like, for example Shibuya, Milan, Nurburgring. Adding Paris means driving on the same for the third time in a row (do you remember that this location has already been to two previous games, 'GRID 2' & GRID Autosport')? Here unfortunately, the same happens like in case of 'DiRT Rally 2.0' (those who play this game know what I mean). Copy, paste. BUT I could understand it more because it is rather more difficult to make brand new track in 'GRID' than new location in 'DiRT Rally 2.0'. What I really like is some kind of extra championship, you know, these extra champions are separated from the basic game. Really cool. If DiRT team could do something like that with their Career mode...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

The cars:

Mini Cooper: From Grid Autosport

Audi A1: New car in the Grid Series

Lancia Delta: From Grid Autosport

Renault Clio: New car in the Grid Series.

2 New and 2 from the past. Not bad, Not bad.

Renault Clio seems to have come from Dirt Rally 2.0

Just to say that Renault Clio was also in Dirt rally 1 (rx car)  and in Toca 3 which i loved to play with..