GRID Season 1 launching December 4 - Hot Hatch Showdown

Hmm. I don't remember TOCA so well. But I remember that it offers more variety than GRID. Some players. might like it, some not.🤔 

Instead of just hiding the new stuff away in freeplay why not just randomise locations (in the same way as is done in Dirt Rally 2) for the tier showdowns? Or have an option to create random (points scoring) championships within each class? At least that way all new circuits will find their way into career for everyone to play and offer a certain amount of replay value for those who have completed the game. I don't know, for a game that's already woefully short on content it just seems a bit tacky that the only way you can play new locations within career mode is by having to purchase a (very) expensive season pass. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Instead of just hiding the new stuff away in freeplay why not just randomise locations (in the same way as is done in Dirt Rally 2) for the tier showdowns? Or have an option to create random (points scoring) championships within each class? At least that way all new circuits will find their way into career for everyone to play and offer a certain amount of replay value for those who have completed the game. I don't know, for a game that's already woefully short on content it just seems a bit tacky that the only way you can play new locations within career mode is by having to purchase a (very) expensive season pass. 

Great idea. I am always in favour of such options. 👍 

Career mode they got totally wrong in this game. At least free play you can have more than a 3 race championship. Career mode is just dull.

• Agree 1

On 11/26/2019 at 7:02 AM, lastbreath said:

frankly speaking, this game needs 4 tracks and 1 car instead.

The sad truth is the game is missing EVERYTHING, modes, tracks, cars. But we got cockpit view back so... small victory's? 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Jay84 said:

The sad truth is the game is missing EVERYTHING, modes, tracks, cars. But we got cockpit view back so... small victory's? 

What the hell are you talking about??? I can understand complaining that there are only 2 modes, race and time attack so it is a bit boring but tracks, cars? Obviously, some tracks are not new but we have got Zhejiang Circuit, Shanghai, Havana. Cars are more problematic, however there is also something new, Chevrolet Corvette C7.R, Porsche 911 RSR, etc.

I recommend to think it over. 

Paris will be a good track and the monuments in the back ground will be cool. 

🤞 We get a couple more circuits in future dlc

(red bull ring, jarama, spa, Donington) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Great. So nothing new. All copied tracks again. Just superbly. 👏

How to earn more money by doing nothing.

don't you just love it ? 😉 😉 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GavinMac said:

Don't care if its copied tracks... just TRACKS!!!

You will care when you get bored with driving on the same tracks over and over again.

Already bored of the few tracks we have, need more.  Played autosport every week until 2019 was released but that game had enough tracks that you were not racing the same track several times in a night.

• Agree 2

Same tracks every Yr is that not arguably codemasters best selling game at the moment F1. 

People clearly like playing the same tracks😀 

I would prefer real racing circuits over tight street tracks. 

• Agree 2

I'm a big fan of the BTCC, love the TV camera angle of craner curves. (Donnington Race Circuit) 

_20191129_101610.JPG

• Agree 1

On 11/25/2019 at 9:59 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

GRID Season 1 adds even more variety and unpredictability to GRID’s action-packed racing experience on December 4, with the arrival of the Hot Hatch Showdown.

Four new cars, over 30 new career events, and a new circuit all drop into GRID in this update, with Ultimate Edition players receiving exclusive content. If you're yet to jump into GRID, you can pick up the Ultimate Edition now on PS4, Xbox One and PC, whilst existing Standard Edition players can upgrade to Ultimate Edition on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Let’s take a closer look at what’s rolling out of the garage for Season 1.

The Hot Hatch Showdown sees four brand new cars added to GRID’s roster – all legendary pint-sized hatchbacks. Ultimate Edition players can get behind the wheel of the MINI Hatch JCW, Lancia Delta HF Integrale Super Hatch, Renault s1600, and the AUDI S1 quattro Concept. Playable in Career, Free Play and Multiplayer, the new Hot Hatches can be used in any race scenario. For GRID players without Ultimate Edition, the Renault Clio is available in Free Play and Multiplayer events as a loan car.

GRID’s globe-trotting Career mode now has even more challenges to overcome, with Season 1 adding another 33 Career events to conquer. Available to Ultimate Edition players, head to the Career menu and switch to the new tab to find two brand new Career threads – one featuring the new Season 1 cars, the other using the existing car roster.

Complete the race objectives to advance through the threads and reach two new Showdown events; win those and you’ll be in the final three-race Series, where a new Ravenwest challenge awaits you.

Finally, we’re adding to GRID’s list of circuits with the return of a series favourite, available for free to all players. Race around the Arc de Triomphe and underneath the Eiffel Tower, and Get Your Heart Racing around the streets of Paris.

With three different routes, each with a reverse option, Paris is a tight and complex circuit, full of undulation and overtaking opportunities. Race in daytime, nighttime, in the rain, dusk or dawn – all options are open to create a dream race event, in one of the world’s most iconic cities.

New races, new cars, new ways to experience our unpredictable world of motorsport. Season 1 of GRID and the Hot Hatch Showdown is all about giving you new ways to race #LikeNoOther.

Follow GRID on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for all the news as Season 1 arrives on December 4.

Clio_Shot_4.jpg

LD_Shot_3.jpg

Mini_Shot_1.jpg

Paris_2.jpg

Paris_Group_Shot_2.jpg

Paris_Night_2.jpg

Paris_Night_3.jpg

Paris_Rain_5.jpg

S1_Shot_1.jpg

Will they fix the issue of force feedback on the flyers in Xbox One with this new patch?

Too bad that game is almost dead when you look at the multiplayer. I hope maybe it gets better with the addition of the Hot Hatch Showdown.

Edited by ActiveTransXP
  • Agree 7

6 hours ago, ActiveTransXP said:

Grid 2019 is virtually dead. The Seasons do not help anymore. You can not see that the game is being developed further. But that's the way to kick off the first season so soon. It would have been better to first update the game as most customers have wished. But you can not see anything of that here. That's what the first seasons are all about. Just sad

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say here. Why would they just hold the seasons if they're ready to go? Most stuff in the seasons can be made by handling designers, sound engineers and artists.

I play Planet Zoo by the way and when I see a lot of updates in the short time it's been released it's been released and at Grid 2019 I do not see anything. How many updates have been available so far at Grid 2019? The game is still totally new and it's already coming out Season 1. Many game developers clear all the problems out of their games first, and then release add-ons for the game. You could have added the few cars and the new racetrack straight to the main game without having to make a season pass

Edited by ActiveTransXP

5 hours ago, ActiveTransXP said:

I play Planet Zoo by the way and when I see a lot of updates in the short time it's been released it's been released and at Grid 2019 I do not see anything. How many updates have been available so far at Grid 2019? The game is still totally new and it's already coming out Season 1. Many game developers clear all the problems out of their games first, and then release add-ons for the game. You could have added the few cars and the new racetrack straight to the main game without having to make a season pass

That's a recycled track from previous games ... and it took them three months to add it in game ...

Edited by CrazySerbianGuy