GRID Season 1 launching December 4 - Hot Hatch Showdown

On 11/30/2019 at 10:51 AM, CrazySerbianGuy said:

That's a recycled track from previous games ... and it took them three months to add it in game ...

so at this rate we still won't have a full game 1 yr later.

i wonder how grid did on the black friday sales.

Edited by OugaBooga
  • Agree 1

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:41 PM, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Instead of just hiding the new stuff away in freeplay

The new content is in Free Play, Multiplayer, and Career.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:50 PM, Furbo81 said:

Paris will be a good track and the monuments in the back ground will be cool. 

🤞 We get a couple more circuits in future dlc

(red bull ring, jarama, spa, Donington) 

Good suggestions 🤔

On new Achievements/Trophies (can't find the original post on this), as announced, these are set to start arriving from Season 2 early next year 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:49 AM, UP100 said:

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say here. Why would they just hold the seasons if they're ready to go? Most stuff in the seasons can be made by handling designers, sound engineers and artists.

Some people are saying Season 1 is too late, others say it's too early - you can't win 'em all 🤷‍♂️

You have to find a balance between adding new content and improving existing content, when you've laid out well before launch what the schedule for post-launch content we'll. Tonnes of time has already been put into how we can improving the game from launch, with results coming from that already. But you can't just go back on promises made on Seasons as well. Like I said, balance 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Quick announcement for GRID Season 1:

An unexpected issue has caused us to slightly delay the release of Season 1 content to Xbox One. We want to ensure your experience with Season 1 is perfect, and we're putting in the work to resolve the issue and put the update live on Xbox One later this week. 

PS4 and Steam updates are still set for Wednesday, as planned.

I've asked the development team to let me know whenever progress is made on this, so I can update players each step of the way. Thank you 👍
  • Haha 3

I still think only 1 track in season 1 is very poor. Compared to previous grid games.  And re-used track even. Paris is nice track but I was expecting something new. The cars are also re-used from other games. I hope season 2 brings something new and surprising. Like Donington and Spa. 

53 minutes ago, KreuZenNL said:

The cars are also re-used from other games

Only 2 cars were copied from previous GRID games. they were the Mini Cooper and Lancia Delta. The other two (Audi A1 and Renault Clio) are new to the GRID series.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Only 2 cars were copied from previous GRID games. they were the Mini Cooper and Lancia Delta. The other two (Audi A1 and Renault Clio) are new to the GRID series.

Yes correct. But other 2 are in dirt.

Edited by KreuZenNL

7 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

The new content is in Free Play, Multiplayer, and Career.

So there are extra/modified career events for standard edition owners who might want to take advantage of the supposed 'superior' AI for more competitive racing - as opposed to the 'basic' AI racing in freeplay?

Multiplayer: Are you or indeed anyone at Codemasters actually aware of how many people are playing XB1 Grid online?. To be able to play said new circuits in multiplayer one must first find another racer.

As I stated, for those not foolish enough to throw away £30 on one of the most ridiculously overpriced season passes I've ever seen, any new track content is hidden away in freeplay.

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

So there are extra/modified career events for standard edition owners who might want to take advantage of the supposed 'superior' AI for more competitive racing - as opposed to the 'basic' AI racing in freeplay?

Multiplayer: Are you or indeed anyone at Codemasters actually aware of how many people are playing XB1 Grid online?. To be able to play said new circuits in multiplayer one must first find another racer.

As I stated, for those not foolish enough to throw away £30 on one of the most ridiculously overpriced season passes I've ever seen, any new track content is hidden away in freeplay.

Career: we've gone through the structure of Season 1 and Ultimate Edition content loaaaaads of times but no, the new Career are part of the content for Ult Ed players 

Multiplayer: A) We are, B) It's not what we want it to be, C) We're actively taking steps based on your feedback to address it. Far from ideal, but we're also not going to remove content, such as a new circuit, from multiplayer because of that 

I guess "hidden away" is subjective, but Paris in Free Play means you can dictate pretty much every aspect of a race event in GRID to your exact preferences, giving you all manner of different ways to experience Paris in different ways. Sure, ideally we'd be in a position where having it available in multiplayer has that kind of value. But we're not, and it sucks, so we're doing something about it 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, KreuZenNL said:

I still think only 1 track in season 1 is very poor. Compared to previous grid games.  And re-used track even. Paris is nice track but I was expecting something new. The cars are also re-used from other games. I hope season 2 brings something new and surprising. Like Donington and Spa. 

But Donington and Spa are not new as well.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, ReepRebew said:

Now is the 4th,and still nothing on the PS4.  @ChrisGrovesMCM 

Sony EU and Sony US look set to roll out the update at different times. We're working with them to put it out as soon as possible - but in general it's extremely common for updates to not launch at midnight GMT, as you have to wait for territories to be online and flick the switch

• Like 2

Yeah... Update ready and I can't play Season 1 because its Blocked.. I Checked the store... Nothing.. I got the Ultimate Edition.. 

Whats going on here? 😞

IMG_20191204_124354.jpg

• Sad 1

god damm same here, i knew there will be a snake under the grass 😜

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Career: we've gone through the structure of Season 1 and Ultimate Edition content loaaaaads of times but no, the new Career are part of the content for Ult Ed players 

Multiplayer: A) We are, B) It's not what we want it to be, C) We're actively taking steps based on your feedback to address it. Far from ideal, but we're also not going to remove content, such as a new circuit, from multiplayer because of that 

I guess "hidden away" is subjective, but Paris in Free Play means you can dictate pretty much every aspect of a race event in GRID to your exact preferences, giving you all manner of different ways to experience Paris in different ways. Sure, ideally we'd be in a position where having it available in multiplayer has that kind of value. But we're not, and it sucks, so we're doing something about it 🙂 

Ok then, let's look at it from a different perspective to make it a little less subjective. Generally speaking, unless freeplay has a objectives (noteable examples being time trials or achievements relating to goals on specific circuits - neither of which Grid has) then in any game this feature is widely regarded as the least used or least popular of those available. If a random casual gamer/achievement hunter purchases this game tomorrow...next month...in three months then unless he opts for the ultimate edition there is a *high likelihood* that they may never even see any new content included in the game because it's been put in a place where it is effectively hidden away in a place that is not necessarily going to be looked at.

Multiplayer: I think most people will agree that Grid's strongest point is multiplayer and yes, any bonus content will massively benefit it's online community, but the fact remains that if nobody is playing the game then, again, this content will go largely overlooked for anyone purchasing the game beyond the first couple of weeks.

Contrary to popular beliefs at Codemasters people don't buy a game to play tomorrow, they buy it to play today and with any game it's strengths are based on (and judged on) day one content having the longevity to see it through to the point where bonus content is added and whilst games like FMS6 (7 had no track content added during the time I played it), Project Cars 1+2 and to a lesser degree the Forza Horizons perform this action perfectly adequately, because of it's underwhelming base content Grid just doesn't do that. Sure, Paris will be added and as you quite rightly say people can jump into freeplay and try it under multiple permutations but you know, no matter how wet, dry or dark you happen to make it, it's still the same stretch of road and the time will still arise when people will just get bored of it because it's been implemented in such a way that it serves very little purpose - and crucially with base content being so weak will simply put people back at square one in a game that offers very little to do.

Looking at Dirt Rally 2 i'm seeing a game of similar structure to Grid but the singlemost important factor is that ALL dlc content has been implemented in such a way that it *enhances* the experience by not only opening it up for everyone but more importantly giving it's inclusion a sense of being. Although I wasn't particularly enthralled about paying £25 for content from an £8 game I do now recognise that by doing so it has infinitely expanded the lifespan of Dirt Rally 2.0 and therefore has been a justifiable purchase. Looking at the dlc structure of Grid all i'm seeing is a bunch of events with a finite lifespan and the obligatory car packs, neither of which represent any aspect of longevity nor value of inclusion, so to spend a greater amount than the DR2 expansion in order to upgrade and take advantage of future circuits by means of limited career events is a clear and obvious act of foolishness because it offers so little.

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rotsteinFade said:

I hope they fixed the problem soon 😎❤️

2 hours ago, ReepRebew said:

A patch for the patch for the patch. Ridiculous!

There's no problem, or 'patch for the patch' - this is how the process is set to work. All territories on PS4 should have access to the content by the end of today (GMT) 

@_BorisTheFrog_ strong, constructive feedback. I appreciate it. I'm not the spokesperson for the game or its development process, but speaking as player and someone lucky enough to see the effort and time that goes into games like these, in a perfect world there'd be even more depth in the core game - and that's why the priority here has been on finding ways to do this, aside from Seasons content. Like I said, not here to explain or justify content or decisions, but I do regularly provide sentiment-based feedback to other teams to drive future changes, and this is the kind of thing I'm happy to raise with them 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I also cant acces the Season 1 content in the dutch psn store :classic_sad:

Just read the other topic about it, i just need to wait some more.

Edited by Ice_nl

so quick match now has just one race ? haha you guys are full of bad decisions over there, aren't you

instead of repairing the connecting issues when not in skirmish, you just slam everyone back to skirmish, nice fix

Edited by Sir.Smoke
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir.Smoke said:

so quick match now has just one race ? haha you guys are full of bad decisions over there, aren't you

Whaaat??? So bad. 😳

59 minutes ago, Sir.Smoke said:

instead of repairing the connecting issues when not in skirmish, you just slam everyone back to skirmish, nice fix

Yeah but I'm guessing the idea behind this is because of our feed back. ( regarding not racing against enough human players) 

I'm not sure about this either, at least there won't be a mass exit when the trucks appear. 

Fair play to codies for trying something new to improve things but 🤞 we are just few weeks away from public lobbies. (#gamechanger)