GRID Season 1 launching December 4 - Hot Hatch Showdown

I have to commend you guys on actually removing sponsors from the liveries when racing, and the handling of the Audi S1 is beautiful, good work.

On 12/4/2019 at 2:49 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

There's no problem, or 'patch for the patch' - this is how the process is set to work. All territories on PS4 should have access to the content by the end of today (GMT) 

@_BorisTheFrog_ strong, constructive feedback. I appreciate it. I'm not the spokesperson for the game or its development process, but speaking as player and someone lucky enough to see the effort and time that goes into games like these, in a perfect world there'd be even more depth in the core game - and that's why the priority here has been on finding ways to do this, aside from Seasons content. Like I said, not here to explain or justify content or decisions, but I do regularly provide sentiment-based feedback to other teams to drive future changes, and this is the kind of thing I'm happy to raise with them 👍

I think we all appreciate the effort that goes into the development of any game and yes, in an ideal world we would be presented with a base game that lasts forever. My situation with Grid being at the wrong end of the longevity scale is that 'as of today' i'm finding myself stuck on driver level 48 - not because the game is too difficult but purely and simply because there's only so many times I want to race yet another 3 lap race around Brands Hatch...Silverstone...Indianapolis (and so forth) to the point now where I can't force myself to play it any more. If Paris and other previously used (licence permitted) Grid locations would have been included from the off (which in all honesty they should have been) then not only would it lessen the repetitive feel of career mode it could have expanded some of these individual challenges well beyond the 2-4 event structure they currently are,thus making these individual championships far more interesting.

What you also have to remember is that a lot of Grid's circuits have been done to death in other games so it doesn't matter how innovative or individualised the AI characters are, how dynamic the weather happens to be or indeed how many balloons you cram onto the starting grid they are still the same old generic circuits. A point that also doesn't really help Grid's plight in the entertainment department.

You probably don't believe me but I actually do like the game's concept. The street circuits, the physics, the visuals (apart from the lighting - but in saying that, unless my eyes are giving me that post-patch placebo thingy they do look decidedly less brown), the handling and yes, even the loony AI drivers...but boy, it's such an effort to play.

But hey, the good news for yourself and those much maligned people behind the scenes is that i've decided to slog it to level 50 to grab the achievement and become one of the hallowed 9.56% of other xbox gamers who have gotten that far and just call it a day. Career mode was never really my thing so until it arrives on gamepass I can't really see the multiplayer thing improving (well certainly not on XBox at least) so short of spending the next four or so months feeling a tinge of disappointment each time I stare at the box on my shelf there's very little reason to keep it.

First come, first served for this:

(unused) Day one Aston Martin GT4 livery for XBox >> C3F97-WQ9M6-MGD6P-627VF-6XR2Z

• Agree 1

Very disappointed with 'GRID' recently. Bugs, bugs and once again BUGS. 20191205181857_1.thumb.jpg.22e56ba691d7ded5cac19b6b88065dbb.jpg

Season locked??? I could run Paris in Freeplay mode. Look.

20191205190533_1.thumb.jpg.e4b4888f8c527c6c47785fc9bcb40458.jpg

One more thing:

20191205190946_1.thumb.jpg.583101f6c9ad792bb03b6e8b06fb3784.jpg

And maybe it only works when I reach level 99 by completing Career events? I am not sure because I reached that without touching Career. Seriously.

The worst thing of all is that I bought Ultimate Edition and I haven't really got DLC content. I mean, I only have got Paris, nothing more. I have got to buy GRID - Season 1 or GRID Ultimate Edition Upgrade. Sounds very logically, doesn't it? Codies, Codies, you shoot yourself in the knee. 👎

Edited by kombajnkoszoncy
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

Nope. Still in the firing line.

I bought Ultimate Edition and I have got access only to Paris and only in Freeplay, goddamn it! At least there are no problems with the DLC to 'DiRT Rally 2.0'. Maybe they will fix it with another patch, maybe not?

20 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

I bought Ultimate Edition and I have got access only to Paris and only in Freeplay, goddamn it! At least there are no problems with the DLC to 'DiRT Rally 2.0'. Maybe they will fix it with another patch, maybe not?

Paris is not part of the Ultimate Edition and it has been given free for all players. Codies said in our Discord that they are investigating some cases in which one doesn't have access to Season 1 content.

How did you purchase GRID 2019? For example the DVD version came with 2 CD keys, so make sure you have added both of those.

6 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Paris is not part of the Ultimate Edition and it has been given free for all players. Codies said in our Discord that they are investigating some cases in which one doesn't have access to Season 1 content.

How did you purchase GRID 2019? For example the DVD version came with 2 CD keys, so make sure you have added both of those.

Yes, I added both of those. It looks like we just have got to wait untill Codies solve the problem.

27 minutes ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Yes, I added both of those. It looks like we just have got to wait untill Codies solve the problem.

Codies seem to be talking with Steam team about this, and how to get it fixed.

On 12/3/2019 at 8:16 AM, CordedQuill42 said:

Only 2 cars were copied from previous GRID games. they were the Mini Cooper and Lancia Delta. The other two (Audi A1 and Renault Clio) are new to the GRID series.

the thing is that the tracks were re-used which saves time & $.

new cars are not as hard to do as new tracks.............

On 12/4/2019 at 5:59 PM, Furbo81 said:

Yeah but I'm guessing the idea behind this is because of our feed back. ( regarding not racing against enough human players) 

I'm not sure about this either, at least there won't be a mass exit when the trucks appear. 

Fair play to codies for trying something new to improve things but 🤞 we are just few weeks away from public lobbies. (#gamechanger) 

what "public lobbies" are you talking about ?

they are fixing MP ?

On 12/4/2019 at 6:17 PM, Sir.Smoke said:

I have to commend you guys on actually removing sponsors from the liveries when racing, and the handling of the Audi S1 is beautiful, good work.

I don't know what audi i drove but YES it was wonderful.

On 12/6/2019 at 11:57 AM, UP100 said:

Codies seem to be talking with Steam team about this, and how to get it fixed.

i Just got mine yesterday on steam  9.4 gb download

Putting my 2 cents in here. 

I came in here looking to see how much dlc had been released for GRID since it’s launch due to the extreme lack of content the base game had. 

I don’t care about seasons. 

I want content. 

I want tracks. 

And I won’t buy the game until there are a sufficient amount of them. 

So hold back seasons all you like but I don’t think anyone has ever said “wait, you’re giving me too much content too early” in a racing game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1