Sign in to follow this  

Multiplayer Lobby System

This feature cannot be stated enough for its importance. A solid multiplayer experience can give devs enough time to deal with other issues. Players are willing to deal with technical difficulties as long as the online is good. We have to convince the devs to put this issue at the top of the list even over future DLC. New cars and tracks are not enough when no one is playing cause the multiplayer is poor. I, like many others bought the UE of GRID, an although progress was made Im dissapointed so far.

• Agree 10

I totally agree with you, public lobbies over season content would get my vote. 

• Agree 5

15 minutes ago, Omiley said:

This feature cannot be stated enough for its importance. A solid multiplayer experience can give devs enough time to deal with other issues. Players are willing to deal with technical difficulties as long as the online is good. We have to convince the devs to put this issue at the top of the list even over future DLC. New cars and tracks are not enough when no one is playing cause the multiplayer is poor. I, like many others bought the UE of GRID, an although progress was made Im dissapointed so far.

Dig around the forums a little bit, you will find a lot of threads about this...
Also you will find answers... you will be disappointed...

If I gold Single player when I get this game, I will replay it in "Prestige" mode. What is Prestige mode, you ask?

• The only thing on your Heads Up Display will be your Speedometer and your position.
  • Cannot use the same car twice in a row (Except for Showdown and Grid World Series)
  • AI is the same on Hard, except for Showdown events and Grid World Series, where it will be on Very Hard.
  • Some events have additional Objectives (Beat a lap time of 2:30), Setbacks (Start from last place) and Failure Conditions (No Reckless Driving)
  • Assists are the following: No TCS or STM, Full Damage, ABS and Automatic Shifting are allowed.
  • The following may change when appropriate.

from latest update we already know that ai online will not be removed, cause its necessary they said!! (or better community manager said they try to make it less necessary lol).

Custom lobbies: ''staff here are 'costing up' what it would take to make this happen''... 

this is the latest update...

refund that **** hole of game and stop waste money from idiotic preorders. touch with your hands before buy it.

@FlashStealth

Do you honestly think that is the proper message to send to people? to tell people to "Refund that REDACTED of a game"? because that seems passive aggressive.

I honestly will not be refunding it when I get it. 

Edited by CordedQuill42
Must be in the form of a question.

2 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

If I gold Single player when I get this game, I will replay it in "Prestige" mode. What is Prestige mode, you ask?

• The only thing on your Heads Up Display will be your Speedometer and your position.
  • Cannot use the same car twice in a row (Except for Showdown and Grid World Series)
  • AI is the same on Hard, except for Showdown events and Grid World Series, where it will be on Very Hard.
  • Some events have additional Objectives (Beat a lap time of 2:30), Setbacks (Start from last place) and Failure Conditions (No Reckless Driving)
  • Assists are the following: No TCS or STM, Full Damage, ABS and Automatic Shifting are allowed.
  • The following may change when appropriate.

How does single player prestige mode compensate for a poor multiplayer?  Apologies but I don't see the connection to this thread..... am I missing something?

Its a personal difficulty system for me to challenge myself. I used this in some of Halo games I played.

It is not a real feature. Just a challenge to keep myself occupied.

Edited by CordedQuill42

3 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

@FlashStealth

Do you honestly think that is the proper message to send to people? to tell people to "Refund that REDACTED of a game"? because that seems passive aggressive.

I honestly will not be refunding it when I get it. 

man, i have long career here, since 2009 and people know me well (for the lights and for the shades), there is only ******* aggressive when i have to say the truth !! lol

this game into 2008-2011 build a large fan base and community, i know people from that years and they are still my friends. Was a real gaming era, not just fancy lights and graphic filters.

Nowdays, after 11years what we got ? just nothing!! you cannot even play online, no chat, no lobbies, nothing !! its just a dumb multiplayer.

So honestly, is the proper message, cause i know what mean a good stuff of games. And here there is so much missing and what ? ah yes we say ''Thanks'' cause we know that ''the team is looking at what can be done... '' LOL

so the message is check carefully how a game is made before buy it. The company behind must know we are not blind. Once you pay this sent a OK message to the company, and this game is NOT OK for me. So let value first, less complains better games.

• Agree 3

ATM multiplayer feels like single player, Max i have seen in MP is 2 people.

MP needs more options

On 11/25/2019 at 1:24 PM, FlashStealth said:

man, i have long career here, since 2009 and people know me well (for the lights and for the shades), there is only ******* aggressive when i have to say the truth !! lol

this game into 2008-2011 build a large fan base and community, i know people from that years and they are still my friends. Was a real gaming era, not just fancy lights and graphic filters.

Nowdays, after 11years what we got ? just nothing!! you cannot even play online, no chat, no lobbies, nothing !! its just a dumb multiplayer.

So honestly, is the proper message, cause i know what mean a good stuff of games. And here there is so much missing and what ? ah yes we say ''Thanks'' cause we know that ''the team is looking at what can be done... '' LOL

I don't need to listen to your advice when I get a game. I judge from my own thoughts.

You are from 2009? Good, that doesn't give you any special Privileges when on this forum, though.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Please don't change the multiplayer. The way it is now is almost perfect IMO.

In any game the public multiplayer is controlled by the players (meaning they are the ones creating the lobbies) it has become a complete mess. A jungle of options, many lobbies with one player, no consistency at all, one category gets all the attention (GT3 for example)...

Im sure there is room for improvement, but public lobbies is not a good solution. GT Sport and DC have excellent multiplayer systems, and they dont allow players to control the lobbies. And if they do, like GT Sport, it also has a public multiplayer which lobbies are controlled by the developer.

Edited by SlimCharles
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 9

The most fun I've had has been in lobbies. "Quick Match" does not work properly, it's full of stupid AI, and has the same races over and over.
Currently the problem is the "Private" bit, that people can't see and join the session. Public lobbies is the only step forward.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, SlimCharles said:

Please don't change the multiplayer. The way it is now is almost perfect IMO.

In any game the public multiplayer is controlled by the players (meaning they are the ones creating the lobbies) it has become a complete mess. A jungle of options, many lobbies with one player, no consistency at all, one category gets all the attention (GT3 for example)...

Im sure there is room for improvement, but public lobbies is not a good solution. GT Sport and DC have excellent multiplayer systems, and they dont allow players to control the lobbies. And if they do, like GT Sport, it also has a public multiplayer which lobbies are controlled by the developer.

Quick play is here to stay I would imagine, they are adding custom lobbies for the mojority that have requested them.

• Agree 1

I still dont think adding custom public lobbies is a good idea. GT Sport can have both, public lobbies and matchmaking, because it has a whole lot more players than Grid and there is no risk of having problems to bring together players. And if I have to choose custom lobbies or the current system, I personally have very clear what to choose. 

I also would like to remind that the majority of people here aren't the majority of players of the game (that doesn't mean devs should not pay attention to feedback here).

I just hope adding custom lobbies doesn't mean the quick race button is used for those lobbies instead of the current races.

1 hour ago, Sir.Smoke said:

The most fun I've had has been in lobbies. "Quick Match" does not work properly, it's full of stupid AI, and has the same races over and over.
Currently the problem is the "Private" bit, that people can't see and join the session. Public lobbies is the only step forward.

This is just false. Same races over and over again? I've played maybe 20 online races, and I have raced on Barcelona, Havana, Crescent, Indianapolis, Brands Hatch... With V8 supercars, tcr, f430 cup, time attack cars, muscle... 

Seriously what more do you want? There isn't more content in the game. And that's definetly WAY more variety that what you will find on custom lobbies. I bet my copy of the game. 

And no, custom lobbies is not the only way to go. Driveclub doesn't allow them (for public sessions), and has and absurd variety of races (even more before EVO was shutted down), allows you to choose while not compromising the ability to get together players.

The tracks in Quick Match races are the same every time, they do not change. Play 200 online races instead of 20 and you will see how repetitive it gets.
Was in a private lobby yesterday racing tracks I hadn't even been on yet, just because Quick Match has the same ones over and over.

Well, it's normal that after playing 200 races it becomes repetitive... And the solution to that is not custom lobbies, but demand more variety to the devs.

Sometimes I visit this forum to check news, maybe something good will appear (like removing AI, new game mods) but nope. Grim dark present and future for great at past series. I'll never pre-order anything from codies anymore, because this Grid was main gaming disappointment in 2019 for me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I do agree with that. AI always is not good. You can't hardly race (like really race) with real people. 

On 11/29/2019 at 4:26 PM, SlimCharles said:

Seriously what more do you want?

How about the same system as Grid Autosport? Three or four races in one discipline, then a switch of course types and cars. Giving players a choice after each race of which track would be next. 

14 hours ago, BadgersAreFun said:

How about the same system as Grid Autosport? Three or four races in one discipline, then a switch of course types and cars. Giving players a choice after each race of which track would be next. 

That would be very good. It's what this Grid has, but without AI and with the possibility to choose track/car combination.

Do not forget text chat this time,  no excuse as you are working on custom lobbies from scratch... Both Lobby and in race + spectator when you join! 

• Agree 3