Will the understeer of the 2019 cars get fixed?

Will the understeer of the 2019 cars get fixed in a patch, its been months and the 2019 cars still understeer way too much

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maverick23uk said:

It's amplified (worse) when you use a wheel as oppose to a pad

I think that's because the force feedback is not very good at telling you how far you need to turn the wheel.

4 hours ago, Bicarda said:

I think that's because the force feedback is not very good at telling you how far you need to turn the wheel.

I would normally agree but I did a test on one of the corners in Austria where I can go flat out round the corner and on the pad it's perfect on the wheel you just can't take it flat out as you go off the track. I even set it so the steering circle was tiny to take any user lag out of the equation.

2 minutes ago, Maverick23uk said:

I would normally agree but I did a test on one of the corners in Austria where I can go flat out round the corner and on the pad it's perfect on the wheel you just can't take it flat out as you go off the track. I even set it so the steering circle was tiny to take any user lag out of the equation.

Not saying your wrong (i don't know obvs)
But very curious what corner on austria one would take flat out 😛

15 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Turn 6 I’m guessing? Only one I can think of at full throttle but entry speed is pretty tame coming off 5, at least it is for me! 🙄

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, kenuf said:

Turn 6 I’m guessing? Only one I can think of at full throttle but entry speed is pretty tame coming off 5, at least it is for me! 🙄

Turn 6 is full throttle on pad? 😵

The hell??

And even if we're not talking about the same one.. 

Apart from 2,5 and 8 i don't think there should be any flat corners and both of those go flat full well with a wheel or a pad i'm sure. 

red-bull-ring-2019.jpg

Edited by Bicarda

It's because it seems the pad does not suffer the same understeer as the wheel does. The 2019 cars with any setup have too much understeer 

The understeer is too much in 2019 car it needs dialled back a bit its been an issue here for months now. Perhaps @DGreco can put this in a patch 

@TomAAA

"Hi, we are not currently looking at adjusting the performance of the cars, teams or drivers again. While we try to tune the cars as close as possible to real life, it is not always possible as a result of the constant improvements the teams are making as well as the increasing skill of the real life drivers pushing themselves to the very limit. "

That's the only message we got so far about this issue, which is a shame as getting the performance charts right is fundamental in a "officially licenced sports game".

Either way, imo the cars feel perfect once downforce has been increased by 30%, tried it on PC and it was a blast.

As for understeer, it felt less pronounced once the downforce mod was installed and tbh, if we take a look at real life onboard video footages, the cars irl are planted as if they were driving on rails with extremely high cornering speeds and that was easily achievable in the game with +30% downforce.

Maybe Codemasters might have a change of heart and surprise us with another car performance/ team performance/ driver performance update, as they apparently have planned to give F1 2019 the "longest support of all time" according to @BarryBL in the following post:

"We're continuing to support the F1 title for longer than ever, and we can't wait to bring you even more updates to F1 2019."

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Agree 3

16 hours ago, Bicarda said:

Turn 6 is full throttle on pad? 😵

The hell??

And even if we're not talking about the same one.. 

Apart from 2,5 and 8 i don't think there should be any flat corners and both of those go flat full well with a wheel or a pad i'm sure. 

red-bull-ring-2019.jpg

Sorry! Turn 8 on this map! Bloody Wikipedia! If I went turn 6 full throttle I’d be facing the way I’ve just come! 😂

1 hour ago, kenuf said:

Sorry! Turn 8 on this map! Bloody Wikipedia! If I went turn 6 full throttle I’d be facing the way I’ve just come! 😂

Haha then i get you. but i have a hard time believing one would have difficulty take that one flat with the weel (and can easily do it with the pad 😛 )

No problem with a wheel taking turn 8 flat. But turn 8 can't hardly be called a corner. Like turn 2

Edited by 1512marcel

On 11/25/2019 at 10:39 AM, TomAAA said:

Will the understeer of the 2019 cars get fixed in a patch, its been months and the 2019 cars still understeer way too much

Don't you have to try and experiment with different setups to assist in overcoming this issue?

• Agree 1

On 11/25/2019 at 9:04 PM, Bicarda said:

On the map shown on here it's the 7 although I class it as turn 5 he second off the double left hander, obviously you are not at top speed as the previous corner takes that off but I can go foot to the floor on that corner on the pad but not on the wheel with exact same car setup the lot. The pad has a traction multiplier added to it that makes it take corners far better and easier and shouldn't be the case.

12 hours ago, TomAAA said:

It's because it seems the pad does not suffer the same understeer as the wheel does. The 2019 cars with any setup have too much understeer 

The understeer is too much in 2019 car it needs dialled back a bit its been an issue here for months now. Perhaps @DGreco can put this in a patch 

I agree for what ever reason the pad has better traction that it doesn't suffer the same level of understeer in corners my mate I play in the league has said the same watching me.

12 hours ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

@TomAAA

"Hi, we are not currently looking at adjusting the performance of the cars, teams or drivers again. While we try to tune the cars as close as possible to real life, it is not always possible as a result of the constant improvements the teams are making as well as the increasing skill of the real life drivers pushing themselves to the very limit. "

That's the only message we got so far about this issue, which is a shame as getting the performance charts right is fundamental in a "officially licenced sports game".

Either way, imo the cars feel perfect once downforce has been increased by 30%, tried it on PC and it was a blast.

As for understeer, it felt less pronounced once the downforce mod was installed and tbh, if we take a look at real life onboard video footages, the cars irl are planted as if they were driving on rails with extremely high cornering speeds and that was easily achievable in the game with +30% downforce.

Maybe Codemasters might have a change of heart and surprise us with another car performance/ team performance/ driver performance update, as they apparently have planned to give F1 2019 the "longest support of all time" according to @BarryBL in the following post:

"We're continuing to support the F1 title for longer than ever, and we can't wait to bring you even more updates to F1 2019."

We can hope as it is an issue that makes it a real shame and actually took away from the wheel experience because the balance is off, they don't even have to rebalance the cars just make the pad and wheel on par performance and remove the OP advantage of the pad

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

No problem with a wheel taking turn 8 flat. But turn 8 can't hardly be called a corner. Like turn 2

Yes I agree I haven't classed that as a corner really it's the second left in the double left hander

Has anyone played Assetto Corsa and driven the 2017 Ferrari (which according to the test driver handles the same as in real life in that game)

Does not have any of the understeer that is in this game. Setups don't even fix it in this game.

If they just dialled the understeer of the 2019 cars back by about 20% it would be perfect 

On 11/27/2019 at 1:11 AM, Maverick23uk said:

Yes I agree I haven't classed that as a corner really it's the second left in the double left hander

Taking turns 5 and 6 flat out with a wheel is a no go. If you can take these with a pad flat out then there is something wrong. I will see if I can try this out, but I'm a real nono with a pad.

Fixing the understeer is in the setups. I’ve knocked off 2 secs/lap in the last week. I’m finally starting to beat my 2018 times consistently. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, PatrickTucker said:

Fixing the understeer is in the setups. I’ve knocked off 2 secs/lap in the last week. I’m finally starting to beat my 2018 times consistently. 

Do you have a setup to try, because many of us have tried multiple setups including the setups from the fastest time trials and the understeer is still there in this game compared to last year and other racing games 

Not sure what I use will work for you to be honest. 🤔 

This year I took the time to learn what each setting really does to the car. I went to silverstone in TT and went thru every setting one by one. Started at balanced for 10-12 laps to get a good feel for what the car was doing around the track. Then starting with the front wing I set it to 11 Max, and ran 5-6 laps documenting what was better, and what was worse. Then I took it to Min 11, same thing, 5-6 laps. 

250 laps, 2 days later, and I had a pretty good understanding of how I wanted the car to feel. Now I have a base setup that I work from that’s very stable. A few tweaks for each track, and then you’re literally “off to the races!”

So, I shouldn’t give you guys this, but here’s my stock setup. Maybe some of you try and let me know what you think?

Aero

5-6

Transmission

50% - 72%

Suspension Geometry 

-2.90  -1.40

Suspension

4-4

7-5

4-5

Brakes

85-58%