Jump to content

Language problem

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Still stand by the analysis. I think the Italian language is not working because the OS IS Italian. The workarounds you are trying work if the OS is English with Italian language and voice packs installed.

There have been language issues in many versions of Windows, not least Windows 10.

The workaround should work no matter the windows region or languages installed as it should have next to nothing to do with Windows. The only way it could matter (that I can think of) is that Windows would forget to correct the "regional file path" to the "global path" (C¥Steam vs C\\Steam), but that is not an actual issue these days... I think.

 

If you try this workaround should be two outcomes:
1. Your game will now have the <whatever language> audio files played in-game
2. Your game will crash and burn

I went and tried the workaround by setting the game to English, and copy pasting the Japanese audio files that had been renamed to the English audio files, meaning that my audio/speech folder looked like this.

image.png.fb80cba7a56d286f7ede85efee6499c8.png

And here is what it looked/sounded like in-game.

I'll apologize for the quality of the video, but the maximum size for all attachments from one account is around 500mb. This video is just 1.5mb.

The game is in English, while the audio is in Japanese. This was also the first time I tried if this workaround works in F1 2019, and it does.

If the workaround doesn't work for you... you most likely didn't perform it correctly. You change the names of the files that are being played to something else, and change your new files to the old names of those files. If you performed it correctly but nothing changed, both of those files are in the same language.

 

NOTE: I'll also apologize if I sound rude today, but I've just used an hour to this and quite frankly just want to stop with this. If anyone reading this has any further questions, feel free to ask 🙂 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK Mr Grumpy. You're right because I'm not going to install Windows in Italian to prove it does or doesn't work.

The workaround is working in English language installs of Windows, which the users reckon they don't have.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

OK Mr Grumpy. You're right because I'm not going to install Windows in Italian to prove it does or doesn't work.

The workaround is working in English language installs of Windows, which the users reckon they don't have.

 

Download some image to your desktop. Then overwrite that image with some other image. Now the image has been overwritten. It shouldn't matter what language of Windows you're running... This is what we are doing here.

I'm gonna do my final test and check around the Italian file to see it actually includes Italian speech files...

Edited by UP100
What language was it again? Hah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...So I decided to pick the Race Engineer voice files. For some reason I did that even though I only needed 1 file so that I could confirm the Italian audio files are in Italian.

I've now confirmed that they're Italian, but there is no way to prove it without breaking loads of agreements, such as the EULA, and probably the forum rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might matter that the localisation of Windows is not English. Without installing in Italian you won't know for sure.

I have no doubt that the game audio language files are in Italian.

But the fact that either the game does not or cannot detect the installed language (allegedly) or that installing Steam on an Italian system with English language packs incorrectly sets the voice files to English by default or that the language files are incorrectly configured when multiple langages are installed isn't proved without disproving it.

I think there is a high probability that English languge packs of some description are installed on European systems as they are on British systems with English (US) settings often seen incorrectly installed and set as default.

Might be worth looking at why those US engineer voices (or placeholders if that's what they were) were being heard after one of the patches. You can't say this isn't possibly a game bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

With my workaround any Windows setting shouldn't matter as long as the game is able to find the English language files. If the game is unable to find those, the game will either crash or burn, or just have no voices at all 🙂 This workaround should also work on the console versions as well if you'd be able to modify those files.

Steam will automatically set the game language to (either, not sure which...) your Steam client language, or your primary steam account language. Barry has already written how F1 2019's language can be changed, and it's also in the Technical Assistance Readme

The workaround is only meant for the extreme cases in which the language is not officially supported (GRID 2019 and their "unsupported" Japanese localization) or the game is unable to find the <specific language> audio files. I've also changed the recommendation to show this...

Hopefully Robby will be able to eventually get the issue solved (^-^)

Edited by UP100
Next to no reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Robby1982 you need to reinstall Windows and your game. It works perfectly with Italian Windows 10 Pro and Steam installed in Italian, game option language defaults to Italian.

You can switch the audio in-game to English and this has been mentioned. If you don't have the option, your installation is corrupt. I don't have any English language packs installed in Windows, just the Italian version of Windows, not an English version with the Italian language pack.

You can see there is no problem from the video.

(Italiano) è necessario reinstallare Windows e il gioco. Funziona perfettamente con l'italiano Windows 10 Pro e Steam installato in italiano, la lingua di opzione di gioco per impostazione predefinita è l'italiano.

È possibile passare l'audio in-game in inglese e questo è stato menzionato. Se non si dispone dell'opzione, l'installazione è danneggiata. Non ho alcun Language Pack inglese installato in Windows, solo la versione italiana di Windows, non una versione inglese con il language pack italiano.

Si può vedere che non c'è nessun problema dal video.

 

Edited by steviejay69
I did in fact perform a clean Windows 10 install with the Italian image, installed Steam in Italian and the necessary drivers.
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is strange.

I'm using an Italian Windows installation, my Steam language is set to English, but I can switch between Italian/English in F1 2019 by just using the language switch in Steam's game properties. No further action required. (Last time I switched language was this summer, so if you need me to test it now just ask me).

I'm posting this because my case is even more complex than the OP's one (Windows and Steam with different language configurations), yet everything works correctly.

Edited by D4rio
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@steviejay69 not treat me like a stupid. Not need to reinstall windows to solve a game problem. Format the pc every time that there is a problem is crazy. Football manager installs all the available languages, there is no way to have a similar problem. This problem was generated with the installer, which install the wrong files in only 53 minutes of installation time, that was crazy, surely not normal. I correct myself 106 minutes of installation time, because i need to install this game 2 times with the same "unhappy" result. I suggest, no more google translate, the italian trasnlation was horrible.

@d4rio how can your post be useful to help anyone in the universe ?

I solve this problem in an unbelievable way:
01. I put the game in english in the steam and launch the game --> the game starts in english, also the commentary is in english.
02. I close the game and rollback to italian and launch the game --> the game starts in italian, the commentary in italian but mute.
03. I close the game and waiting for steam do something, without any kind result, obviosly.
04. I put the game in finnish and launch the game --> the game starts in english, probably also the commentary is in english, i've not controlled.
05. I close the game and setup the language to magyar and launch the game --> the game starts in italian, i still don't know why.
06. I close the game and put it in spanish, always in steam game properties --> steam downloading something, 2.35mb files only, surely not the languages files, in the directory are missing the files starting  with es_**** name.
07. I try to set the italian and incredidly steam starts to download a 400mb package, finished with microsoft kinect it-IT. (this alredy present in windows, with the latest version installed).
08. The game start in italian, with the commentary set to english.
09. I try to switch sometimes italian-english the in-game audio. After three or more switches i can able to hear the italian commentary.

I hope can be useful to other people with my same problem. The problem was only one --> lazy programmer, maybe unable programmer and tester.
This game is surely the last codemasters game in my life, this was absolutely the worst customer services experience.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Robby1982 said:

@steviejay69 not treat me like a stupid. Not need to reinstall windows to solve a game problem. Format the pc every time that there is a problem is crazy. Football manager installs all the available languages, there is no way to have a similar problem. This problem was generated with the installer, which install the wrong files in only 53 minutes of installation time, that was crazy, surely not normal. I correct myself 106 minutes of installation time, because i need to install this game 2 times with the same "unhappy" result. I suggest, no more google translate, the italian trasnlation was horrible.

@d4rio how can your post be useful to help anyone in the universe ?

I solve this problem in an unbelievable way:
01. I put the game in english in the steam and launch the game --> the game starts in english, also the commentary is in english.
02. I close the game and rollback to italian and launch the game --> the game starts in italian, the commentary in italian but mute.
03. I close the game and waiting for steam do something, without any kind result, obviosly.
04. I put the game in finnish and launch the game --> the game starts in english, probably also the commentary is in english, i've not controlled.
05. I close the game and setup the language to magyar and launch the game --> the game starts in italian, i still don't know why.
06. I close the game and put it in spanish, always in steam game properties --> steam downloading something, 2.35mb files only, surely not the languages files, in the directory are missing the files starting  with es_**** name.
07. I try to set the italian and incredidly steam starts to download a 400mb package, finished with microsoft kinect it-IT. (this alredy present in windows, with the latest version installed).
08. The game start in italian, with the commentary set to english.
09. I try to switch sometimes italian-english the in-game audio. After three or more switches i can able to hear the italian commentary.

I hope can be useful to other people with my same problem. The problem was only one --> lazy programmer, maybe unable programmer and tester.
This game is surely the last codemasters game in my life, this was absolutely the worst customer services experience.

 

@Robby1982 I'm not treating you as stupid, I'm telling you your windows installation is corrupt or damaged in some way.

If you install Windows in Italian and Steam, then the game works fine.

 

@ Robby1982 Non ti sto trattando come uno stupido, ti sto dicendo che la tua installazione di Windows è in qualche modo corrotta o danneggiata. Se installi Windows in italiano e Steam, il gioco funziona bene.

Switching it back and forth isn't necessary but setting up your PC correctly means it works.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Robby1982 what exactly are you changing, can we get an image through Windows' Snipping tool for example?

Finnish and Hungarian (I think that's what you mean) are not languages in F1 2019.

The official list of supported languages
image.png.77473eb712082d6a7a870c6dc57f6a02.png

Edited by UP100
Added a list. + "Finland" -> "Finnish"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UP100 said:

@Robby1982 what exactly are you changing, can we get an image through Windows' Snipping tool for example?

Finnish and Hungarian (I think that's what you mean) are not languages in F1 2019.

The official list of supported languages
image.png.77473eb712082d6a7a870c6dc57f6a02.png

I agree. The OP is not setting the game via Steam or he has additional language packs installed (or something).

Finnish and Hungarian are not supported in Steam. 

Quote

I solve this problem in an unbelievable way:
01. I put the game in english in the steam and launch the game --> the game starts in english, also the commentary is in english.
02. I close the game and rollback to italian and launch the game --> the game starts in italian, the commentary in italian but mute.
03. I close the game and waiting for steam do something, without any kind result, obviosly.
04. I put the game in finnish and launch the game --> the game starts in english, probably also the commentary is in english, i've not controlled.
05. I close the game and setup the language to magyar and launch the game --> the game starts in italian, i still don't know why.
06. I close the game and put it in spanish, always in steam game properties --> steam downloading something, 2.35mb files only, surely not the languages files, in the directory are missing the files starting  with es_**** name.
07. I try to set the italian and incredidly steam starts to download a 400mb package, finished with microsoft kinect it-IT. (this alredy present in windows, with the latest version installed).
08. The game start in italian, with the commentary set to english.
09. I try to switch sometimes italian-english the in-game audio. After three or more switches i can able to hear the italian commentary.

 

Game language.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I have noticed that the tone in this thread has slightly altered. 

The appropriate people have been messaged. Please continue to offer solutions to this where/if possible 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×