Sign in to follow this  

[IMPROVEMENT] Need to add mouse support in the menu

It's a PC title, need to add the ability to use a mouse and keyboard in addition to the numbered buttons on the wheel or pad.

If both was an option then go ahead. One of the things I don't like about AC is going back n forth between wheel control and mouse. I like having everything on one controller (Once I learned what button was 1,2...6).

I voted for mouse support, because some functions are double mapped. I can for example not change the car livery, change weather conditions, change my car´s setup and reset a league. I am using a Logitech MOMO racing wheel.

I never touch the mouse while playing the game. So for me personally it's not needed. But I can imagine that keyboard users would like to be able to use the mouse

Mouse support is DEFINITELY needed in all the menus. I play with a steering wheel, and in-between courses menus I'm supposed to navigate through using steering wheel buttons is difficult.

To opt for "restart" or "replay" by pressing button 17 or 18 when I can't even remember which buttons they are.... On a console such thing is understandable, but this is PC.

Mouse support shouldn't be too difficult to do, just do it :)

I voted for mouse support, because some functions are double mapped. I can for example not change the car livery, change weather conditions, change my car´s setup and reset a league. I am using a Logitech MOMO racing wheel.
SAME HEREEEEEEEEE

MOMOOOOOOOOOO

It's a highly desirable feature for me. I find menu navigation clunky, having to press arrow buttons multiple times to get to where I want or change things. I'm not used to using a controller though.

Name one real car with a mouse and keyboard  B)

The current interface ROCKS !
PLEASE DON''T change it !
Name one car that has a magical screen that pops up to reset the car or even better restart the race. Imagine being pulled over for speeding and you use your very real control mapped steering wheel buttons to simply retire and go back home. why would adding the option of a mouse to control the menus upset and anger so many people? It literally affects nothing.

JZStudios said:

Name one car that has a magical screen that pops up to reset the car or even better restart the race. Imagine being pulled over for speeding and you use your very real control mapped steering wheel buttons to simply retire and go back home. why would adding the option of a mouse to control the menus upset and anger so many people? It literally affects nothing.
Name one car that stands still when you floor the throttle and makes the world move around you  :D 

Mouse simply does not belong in racing games !

Fiddling around with a mouse is just wrong and annoying ! 

Warthog Games got it right 2004 already !

BIG thumbs up for Codies deciding to go the RBR way  B)

Fishlexic said:
SAME HEREEEEEEEEE

MOMOOOOOOOOOO
Me too!! Momo master race! ;-)

JZStudios said:

You are 100% right !!!

Mikaela said:
JZStudios said:

Name one car that stands still when you floor the throttle and makes the world move around you  :D 

Mouse simply does not belong in racing games !

Fiddling around with a mouse is just wrong and annoying ! 

Warthog Games got it right 2004 already !

BIG thumbs up for Codies deciding to go the RBR way  B)
What about using a mouse in the menu ???? when you drive with a steering wheel !

You certainly play with a game pad... Don't be so selfish....

Use your brain...

I drive with a wheel and I like it the way it is. There are gamepad like buttons on the wheel, so navigating the menus are just fine. Besides, has Codies racing games ever had mouse support in the menus? I don't know about F1, but I'm pretty sure neither GRID, nor CMR/DiRT has ever had that and I don't really see a reason for that to change.

I dont miss mouse control in CM game because they didnt have that for a long time. But maybe it would be nice to use the gamepad for the menus when driving with a wheel with less buttons.

I too would prefer to use my mouse on the menus. I reckon it would just feel better. Well, for me at least. :)