Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wins and Losses

Does anybody get the feeling that the game is designed to give you a certain amount of wins and then takes them away with as many losses? I just spent an hour or so and was experiencing a series of wins on easy tracks with easy opponents, that gave me a couple of hundred or more points. Then, as is normal I had a connection failure and upon restart, all I got was Grid starts at Monaco, Monza, Singapore..... all against anonymous number 22 Player cars and didn't stand a chance as they raced to the lead and I was rammed into a wall by a bot and destroyed. Result was a loss of more points than I'd just won. So, are we just being manipulated by an algorithm? Is it just a slot machine with wheels? Designed to pay out enough to make you think you can beat the game, but ultimately you lose.

I have that same feeling, more pronounced when you going from one tier e.g from Elite 3 to Elite 2 etc. just before you have enough points to make Elite 2 you experience more losses than wins keeping you in Elite 3. Then once you reach Elite 2 again more losses than wins until you finally get well established into Elite 2, then it’s easy sailing until just before going into Elite 1. Not something that we can make videos though to prove what’s happening.

I was going to say that in my post but thought it might make me sound a bit like a paranoid and disgruntled postal worker. The reason I was peeved about the sudden loss of points was that I was sailing to 5,000 points. From about 4,700 I reached 4,990 in an hour. Then the game froze on me and my near 5,000 went back to 4,800. It definitely felt like the game saw that marker as an obstacle or deterrent to push me back down the ladder.

Haha, maybe then I am a disgruntled postal worker and dont have any qualms about calling a spade a spade. 😂

I'm calling a spade a bloody shovel now. It's happening again. Passed 5,000 then easy going. Hit the next hurdle and it's the same thing. All Grid and Sprints and the most incredulous things happen. Actually impossible things happen. Example: Grid start Austria. I get a perfect start, pull away from 6th to 2nd on the last right corner. Thought about going up the inside but why risk it when my opponent was in 10th and 8 seconds behind me. I get rear ended and despite getting back on track almost immediately, my opponent races past to beat me. From 8 seconds behind and I only lost a second or two to still finish 4th but suddenly 8th gets 2nd.

I hate this game.

Is it just me or the speed at which the AI cars take the penultimate turn in Austria unnatural? If I don’t lift off or tap break I end up approaching pit entry.