Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally Stages Infographic

FlakHound

After needing a break from slamming my car around racing in game, I wondered how many different stages there were per location so I decided to find out. I looked at each location’s stages and saw that there are two long stages with 8 sections per location. These long stages are can be ran forward and in reverse, and also can be split in half to make each half of it a stage which can also be ran forward and reverse. This means that each Location (Wales, Monaco, Greece) can have different stages totaling up to 36.

Still not ready to spend more credits on repairs get back on the course I decided to make a map detailing how these stages are laid out. The long stages for each location are set side by side, with the name of the stage under it and then the name of the reverse stage in parenthesis or just simply an R if it has the same name with reverse following it. Everything is laid out from the perspective of the direction of the arrow at the starting line for the long stage. The half-way marks of each long stage (That splits the stage into two smaller ones) is marked on the map with a red line to annotate the start/end of the shorter stages.

Hope some people find this interesting or helpful for the game! Feel free to leave feedback

SamRWD said:
Would be nice to run one long stage!
Well, to be fair, there are six stages with eight sections that can be run two different ways. It kind of gives you 12 long stages. Unless you're talking about even longer than those, in which case I think we'll have to wait until Pikes Peak is in game.

A VERY useful map. Thanks for this. One question though - is the middle left (Route de Turini) picture labeled correctly? The whole stage is clearly cut in half, but You named both short sections the same way?
No its not lol. Someone else pointed this out to me also along with another correction. I'll be taking care of them after work today.

Thanks so much! Been waiting to see these and it answers my question about whether it's possible to do the full run over the Turini (seems not, unfortunately). I would suggest from glancing at the shapes that you've got the two Wales maps the wrong way around by the way.

Thanks so much! Been waiting to see these and it answers my question about whether it's possible to do the full run over the Turini (seems not, unfortunately). I would suggest from glancing at the shapes that you've got the two Wales maps the wrong way around by the way.
Yeah that's one of the corrections I need to make, along with the start location. Being a bit off on one of the Monaco stages. I'll be fixing it all later tonight

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you FlakHound.

I've been asking around (with great help here) what are the shortest and longest stages, and these are a lot of help.
If you ever get to how much they really are, I'd really appreciate it.

Ledanek said:
Thank you FlakHound.

I've been asking around (with great help here) what are the shortest and longest stages, and these are a lot of help.
If you ever get to how much they really are, I'd really appreciate it.
Unfortunately the only way to do this is to check your driver profile before a stage, see what your miles driven are, go do the stage, then recheck the miles driven and find the difference. Due to the different start/finish lines on the stages its not as simple as running one track and getting the same length for the reverse. As I said I've been pretty short on time, but if users here want to help out and send me a message with some stage lengths I dont think I'll be adding them in.  And then there's the inherent problem of accuracy because the driver profile only tracks in tenths of a mile, so anything smaller essentially gets rounded out. Not a huge deal, but it leaves an error margin of +/- 0.1mi. EG: you have driven 10.9 miles as listen in the profile, but it could be 10.999, and if you drive another 10.9 miles according to the profile it could theoretically be 21.998 and not 21.8 and these small rounded out fractions of a mile add up.

The Welsh stages are the same length. Long stages - 6.3 miles, short ones - 3.1 miles.
In Greece, Perasma Platini/Tsiristra Thea is 6.5 miles.

Given the fact that the Welsh stages are the same length I would guess that Kathodo Leontiou/ Anbodou Farmakas is the same length.

I haven't measured the Monte stages yet. But I'll try and remember to do it, next time I do the Monte event.

Again, much appreciate.  
What I'm trying to do my new found addiction: posting rally videos, is post
- some info on the stage, 
- a screenshot of my settings
- rally and post the best result
- wait for criticism 
- hopefully, this would help Codemasters (and other members like me who knows nothing about cars, manual shifting, and rallying) refine the game.

thanks

btw wife hates that I'm gaming more than ever.  >:)

I was thinking of making a Car Settings thread where people could well... post their set ups. Of course, it's only going to be of any use to the people who have unlocked Advanced Tuning for their cars as that is where the actual numbers for the settings are.

No need to be crazy about lack of more precise tracking accuracy in the profile, as driving different lines through straights and corners would easily result in few tenths plus or minus anyway... unless someone is patient enough to drive a slow "measurement-run", keeping the car exactly in the middle of the road all the time :D. A ballpark figure is good enough, at least for now.

Archived