Sign in to follow this  

[FEATURE] Changeable punctured tyre during stage.

Ability to change a punctured tyre in mid-stage, it would work like: stopping the car, press an assigned button and/or an option in the pause menu for the effect (the screen would go black for a moment in between the change) and taking a 20 or 30 second penalty after the change. This adds another realistic option to the game and could be useful in long or non-restartable stages.

If this was implemented, I think it would need to be much harsher than 20-30seconds, and closer to a minute. Considering the time to unbuckle, get out, get the new tire, replace the old, stow the old tire, get back in, and get moving again, it's a lot longer than 20-30sec

I agree with FlakHound, I like the idea but it needs to be a significant penalty.

It would also be cool to see the guys changing the tire. Maybe there could be a few random tire changing short (a few seconds) cut scenes with the car livery matching the one you were using.

FlakHound said:
If this was implemented, I think it would need to be much harsher than 20-30seconds, and closer to a minute. Considering the time to unbuckle, get out, get the new tire, replace the old, stow the old tire, get back in, and get moving again, it's a lot longer than 20-30sec
Elvyn Evans can do it in 42 seconds. These guys can change a tyre a lot quicker than you think. I feel 20-30 is fair, it's not like you are ever going to pull a podium on the stage from that kind of deficit and at the same time it's not going to completely ruin your rally. 

Cela serait super.

D'apres les tests en wrc,le temps pour changer une roue par l'équipage en course est environ 45 sec.

Im personally ok with the idea.
Maybe also is posible to recreate an animation about the actual tyre change with some spectators trying to "help" around. This process can take 20 seconds (For example) but on you are into the stage, the penality would be 50 seconds. It's another idea for the users who dont stay waiting "long" 50 seconds looking at the screen.

TPJP said:
Ability to change a punctured tyre in mid-stage, it would work like: stopping the car, press an assigned button and/or an option in the pause menu for the effect (the screen would go black for a moment in between the change) and taking a 20 or 30 second penalty after the change. This adds another realistic option to the game and could be useful in long or non-restartable stages.
I don't understand what you are saying so therefore I shall not vote.

Reub09 said:
TPJP said:
I don't understand what you are saying so therefore I shall not vote.
Oh wait you were talking about Dirt Rally I thought you meant F1 sorry :P

no.

there need much more time to change tyre.
so penalty will be many minutes. and that penalty will couse to lost the race.

acmilangr said:
no.

And a car without a tyre wouldn't?

FlakHound said:
I see your point there but since you can recover a car after going off road in just 15 seconds in the game (while in real life it can take minutes to place the car back on track, if recoverable at all) so I thought the 20 or 30 secs to be a fair penalty.

Azoresst said:
acmilangr said:
no.

just restart 

acmilangr said:
Azoresst said:
acmilangr said:
no.

just restart 
You can't on online events ;)

At least a minute penalty though, cause that's the minimum it would take in real life.

it would be really cool if you had to pull over to the side and out of the way before you could change it, although that might be hard to implement. Just having to come to a stop would be good enough

The very first thing I did after getting a tire puncture is I pulled over and tried to work out how to change it.

60 second penalty and you get 1 tire change. Or maybe a system where you can take extra weight and get 2 changes.

Guess developers would have to decide how long the tyre change is in the game if they ultimately implement it. As for the action itself it could just be triggered by stopping the car in the road and pressing an assigned key.

Perhaps the time could be a skill based thing, so you could level up drivers or co-driver repair skills or something...

Perhaps the time could be a skill based thing, so you could level up drivers or co-driver repair skills or something...

Well thought, It could be like the engineer levels that the game already has, but for driver and co-driver.

UglyTroll said:
Even thou I voted yes, the current stages are way too short for this. You are better off finishing without a tire than waiting 1 minute for a change. It could be solved with shorter changes like they did with recovering the car.

Exactly, that's why I proposed a minimum of 20 seconds penalty due to the not so long stages and to complement with the time of car recovery.

Oh yes! I creautured another poll about it)) I'm agree) this is a my dream in rally games!

Flat tires stink, but muscling through adds something to the game. And how long 'til your "pit crew" gets to yuh? And you mentioned realism? I pushed the wrong choice earlier, sorry, I vote NO.

Flat tires stink, but muscling through adds something to the game. And how long 'til your "pit crew" gets to yuh? And you mentioned realism? I pushed the wrong choice earlier, sorry, I vote NO.
Drivers can change their own car tyres you know, as they usually carry one spare :P And if you like dragging yourself to the finish line, go ahead then... oh and thanks for the vote btw :)

Yes but penalty time should be longer, as should the recover vehicle feature

First you should get the option to drive to end of the stage & risk more damage.
If  you press yes then you should get a cut screen . lets say the car pulling over you have to get out of the car.
Get the jack wheel  & the bits you need to switch the wheel around .
Then removing the nuts & replacing the wheel re doing the nuts & then returning to the stage.
Its helps having a good co-driver , so the better people in your team the smoother the wheel change-

Good idea. Maybe with a small skipable Cutscene or something. But I think the penalty should be between 1:30 or 2:00 min because the most tyre changes on stage in WRC that I saw took about that time, for example Petter Solberg in Germany in 2009 or so.

Stop the car, get out in full "armor", tools out, change tyre, fasten tools an tyre in the boot again, get in the car and fasten seatbelts... that will cost about 1:30 to 2:00 min :)